This Is My Box: Big Drama Show - Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Willie Monroe Jr [OFFICIAL FIGHT THREAD]

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Im not digging up year old posts breh...GGG is a middleweight Jccjr was 250+ vs Vera...nikkas was crying bout GGG fighting him at 168 :russ:
I don't know them nikkas so they don't count :beli:

Good Boys are bout that action. I was even upset that Chavez got debacled by Fonfara because I wanted GGG to be the one to get the credit for knocking him out first :mjcry: JCCjr ruined a potential PPV fight leaving GGG with only the Cotto/Canelo winner (IF Cotto beats Geale which I don't think he does) or that Floyd pipedream to take the next career step

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
tumblr_mpecmcUSfW1qglee5o1_500.gif

People will continue to dog GGG though. Its not all on him.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
yes and some people say ggg would beat ward.

a few people said that cause wlad/older aint look good during that jennings fight..

i also said wilder and tyson fury had a chance to get him. not a big chance but a chance just like ggg has with ward imo.....
I've never seen anyone say GGG would beat Ward. And I don't think Wilder can beat Wlad. I think Jennings would give Wilder all sorts of trouble. That aside, my point was more about the inconsistency I'm seeing. Since when does a fighter get ducked for years, beat nearly all the guys the champ beat, and get hit with the "but he hasn't fought anyone" line?

I'll join in on the GGG hate if he doesn't move up to 168 by this time next year. Once Cotto/Canelo happens, if the winner of that doesn't take GGG by early 2016 and they're forced to drop the belt to him, then it's time to fight for the vacant belt and move on.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I've never seen anyone say GGG would beat Ward. And I don't think Wilder can beat Wlad. I think Jennings would give Wilder all sorts of trouble. That aside, my point was more about the inconsistency I'm seeing. Since when does a fighter get ducked for years, beat nearly all the guys the champ beat, and get hit with the "but he hasn't fought anyone" line?

I'll join in on the GGG hate if he doesn't move up to 168 by this time next year. Once Cotto/Canelo happens, if the winner of that doesn't take GGG by early 2016 and they're forced to drop the belt to him, then it's time to fight for the vacant belt and move on.

1.a few ggg fans believe that on here...plus on tons of other boxing sites.

2.nikkas say that shyt bout 80s tyson and more. few said it bout hagler until he fought the 3 other horsemen.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Great night of action.

Definitely want to see Chocolatito again. He deserves the HBO showcase and good paydays. Saw someone mentioned in the thread what I was thinking earlier this week...how plausible is Gonzalez vs. Rigo of ever happening? Rigo is small at 122 and doesn't rehydrate much.

Another GGG fight and the same stuff coming out in the aftermath. He looked very good. I gave Monroe one round (4) and he looked good in that round. Really did kind of look like GGG was trying to get Monroe to make it a fight.

So GGG doesn't fight anyone, yet he has fought every quality opponent he possibly could have at 160. Geale and Murray are solid guys. Monroe was a decent opponent. He has enough skills to compete with the rest of the division. Lee has that belt and seems to be a front runner for a GGG fight. Excellent matchup. Jacobs and Quillin would be interesting fights, but they are with Haymon, so they will not be made. Lemieux is being built into a GGG opponent, sounds like his team doesn't want that risk yet. And it is clear Cotto doesn't want the GGG fight right now. So who should he be fighting at 160 that he isnt?

And GGG fights always make Ward fans insecure. Guys, pretty much everyone acknowledges Ward is PFP #2 when he is active. All us regulars who are #GGGood Boys admit that Ward would deservedly be the favorite if they matched up. I don't have any problems with that. At 154, 160, and 168 the only guy I really think is better than GGG is Ward...and he is the second best fighter in the game. No shame in that. It is like the Mayweather stans shytting all over Pacquiao, knowing damn well he was a hell of a fighter, still is the second best fighter in the division, and by Mayweather winning it actually proves Mayweather's greatness, not invalidating Pacquiao. I don't know why but when I think of GGG-Ward I keep thinking of Hamed-Barrera. And it was nice seeing a recent Ward interview where he admitted he talked with Tom Loeffler and they agreed that the calling out on both sides was bullshyt. They admitted that neither party has ever started negotiations and needed to squash the media campaign until they were in a position to actually get a fight made.

Saw a good interview with with Roberto Garcia talking about how GGG is a small to medium sized MW. Noticed that tonight as well. Monroe looked bigger. It was obvious that Murray was bigger...and Geale possibly was as well. Substantiates why GGG wants to stay at 160 and unify, and really only wants to fight at 168 for the right fight (Froch, Ward, and was JCC).

Canelo is just entering his prime and the fight I really want to see is him vs. GGG. I still think GGG would deserve to be the favorite and would win the fight.

GGG's technical skills continue to be underrated. Monroe's biggest skill was supposedly being a boxer and there was no way Monroe was ever going to outbox GGG tonight. He was great cutting off the ring and his defense was solid, until he tried to make it #MexicanStyle. That does cause me pause...feels like GGG is intentionally being reckless to make fights more entertaining. He admitted that in the fighter meetings and after the fight. That is something you wouldn't want to do against the wrong opponent. Heck, in the boxing game you let a guy hang around and the momentum can change and your plan can backfire. I must admit, I am not a fan of that. Even if it makes things more dramatic or entertaining.

Anyways, #GGGoodBoys ended the night with the crowd chanting his name. :banderas:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
Great night of action.

Definitely want to see Chocolatito again. He deserves the HBO showcase and good paydays. Saw someone mentioned in the thread what I was thinking earlier this week...how plausible is Gonzalez vs. Rigo of ever happening? Rigo is small at 122 and doesn't rehydrate much.

Another GGG fight and the same stuff coming out in the aftermath. He looked very good. I gave Monroe one round (4) and he looked good in that round. Really did kind of look like GGG was trying to get Monroe to make it a fight.

So GGG doesn't fight anyone, yet he has fought every quality opponent he possibly could have at 160. Geale and Murray are solid guys. Monroe was a decent opponent. He has enough skills to compete with the rest of the division. Lee has that belt and seems to be a front runner for a GGG fight. Excellent matchup. Jacobs and Quillin would be interesting fights, but they are with Haymon, so they will not be made. Lemieux is being built into a GGG opponent, sounds like his team doesn't want that risk yet. And it is clear Cotto doesn't want the GGG fight right now. So who should he be fighting at 160 that he isnt?

And GGG fights always make Ward fans insecure. Guys, pretty much everyone acknowledges Ward is PFP #2 when he is active. All us regulars who are #GGGood Boys admit that Ward would deservedly be the favorite if they matched up. I don't have any problems with that. At 154, 160, and 168 the only guy I really think is better than GGG is Ward...and he is the second best fighter in the game. No shame in that. It is like the Mayweather stans shytting all over Pacquiao, knowing damn well he was a hell of a fighter, still is the second best fighter in the division, and by Mayweather winning it actually proves Mayweather's greatness, not invalidating Pacquiao. I don't know why but when I think of GGG-Ward I keep thinking of Hamed-Barrera. And it was nice seeing a recent Ward interview where he admitted he talked with Tom Loeffler and they agreed that the calling out on both sides was bullshyt. They admitted that neither party has ever started negotiations and needed to squash the media campaign until they were in a position to actually get a fight made.

Saw a good interview with with Roberto Garcia talking about how GGG is a small to medium sized MW. Noticed that tonight as well. Monroe looked bigger. It was obvious that Murray was bigger...and Geale possibly was as well. Substantiates why GGG wants to stay at 160 and unify, and really only wants to fight at 168 for the right fight (Froch, Ward, and was JCC).

Canelo is just entering his prime and the fight I really want to see is him vs. GGG. I still think GGG would deserve to be the favorite and would win the fight.

GGG's technical skills continue to be underrated. Monroe's biggest skill was supposedly being a boxer and there was no way Monroe was ever going to outbox GGG tonight. He was great cutting off the ring and his defense was solid, until he tried to make it #MexicanStyle. That does cause me pause...feels like GGG is intentionally being reckless to make fights more entertaining. He admitted that in the fighter meetings and after the fight. That is something you wouldn't want to do against the wrong opponent. Heck, in the boxing game you let a guy hang around and the momentum can change and your plan can backfire. I must admit, I am not a fan of that. Even if it makes things more dramatic or entertaining.

Anyways, #GGGoodBoys ended the night with the crowd chanting his name. :banderas:

Great post:ehh: