This Is My Box: Big Drama Show - Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Willie Monroe Jr [OFFICIAL FIGHT THREAD]

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
havent paid attention to boxing in years but the recent pac/mayweather fight got me paying closer attention. im a fan of what i have seen of golovkin. from his fight style to how he carries himself. seems like a bs free type character, just gets on with it. funny when i was younger i preferred the trash talking types, but now i pretty much pay them little attention, unless its the GOAT trash talker james toney, he was always funny as hell with it so i liked it from him.

thing is other than how strong he appears and his power, dudes looks kinda basic. but similar to julio cesar chavez, i know not to let these strong as fukk but basic looking fighters fool you, you be thinking the speed demons would easily beat them but they always get shut down a lot of the time. kinda like naseem and barrera.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
re-watched the ggg fight.

monroe actually did good on the outside....he only went when down he was cornered or against the ropes. ggg just tees off when he gets you in the corner. u need to outmatch his footwork so he doesn't pin u in the corner

ggg is open to get countered and his inside fight game is less than stellar. also his stamina didnt look that great probably due to short round wins.

monroe stung him a bit with some hits but nothing major. you can tell though if ggg was getting hit with just as much power it would wear on him in the middle rounds. u defenitley got to have a chin n defense to beat him through.

lee, jacobs n quillen got decent power but i dont think they have the chin.

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
re-watched the ggg fight.

monroe actually did good on the outside....he only went when down he was cornered or against the ropes. ggg just tees off when he gets you in the corner. u need to outmatch his footwork so he doesn't pin u in the corner

ggg is open to get countered and his inside fight game is less than stellar. also his stamina didnt look that great probably due to short round wins.

monroe stung him a bit with some hits but nothing major. you can tell though if ggg was getting hit with just as much power it would wear on him in the middle rounds. u defenitley got to have a chin n defense to beat him through.

lee, jacobs n quillen got decent power but i dont think they have the chin.
If Monroe would've just clinched when he got to the ropes, it might've been a different fight. I don't think he would've won, but his chances would've went way up.