Trades vs IT?

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Trades in the long run. IT will get u paid 6 figures fast, but their are ceilings. Trades are probably more fulfilling and healthier, men aren't suppose to sit at a computer 40+ hours a week. Trades are way easier to start your own company.

I'm trying to grab some IT government contracts myself. Its hell

You nikkas have the dumbest fukking opinions. What kind of baseless take is that? :what:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Trades in the long run. IT will get u paid 6 figures fast, but their are ceilings. Trades are probably more fulfilling and healthier, men aren't suppose to sit at a computer 40+ hours a week. Trades are way easier to start your own company.

I'm trying to grab some IT government contracts myself. Its hell

Depends on the trade. Both the tech and trade industries can have their pros and cons. Certain trades can be more physically taxing and pay might not be that good. Certain trades such as a power plant operator can pay well but the worklife balance is not that good.

You can eat good in both industries if you work way up and gain the specific skills that can place you above the rest. With tech, it is not as straight forward. It is not an easy industry to get into. And the tech burnout is real. Entry level positions do not pay six figures.

The average tech salary in the USA is $44,855 per year or $21.57 per hour. Entry level positions start at $33,150 per year while most experienced workers make up to $101,416 per year.

But specific roles such as a blockchain engineer or a cloud architect can earn well above 100,000 a year. Dealing with recruiters can be a hassle. And the interview process is no walk in the park.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Both fields you can do anywhere around the world and both are in high demand.

You just answered most of your questions right here. At the end of the day you need to do what you actually 'like' to do so that you don't get burnt out too often.

I will say that with trades you have more opportunity to be self employed which has a lot of pros and some cons.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Do both. Get the trade now and use it to pay your way thru college—assuming to don't get fin. aid and/scholarships—for an IT degree. Worst case scenario, you can always fall back on your trade.

Source: HVAC for 13 years and attending classes now for comp/mech eng. I haven't worked since Sep and I still got 5-digits in the bank. #BachelorGang

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would avoid IT jobs if you value having any semblance of work life balance. Sure you can make lots of money but you'll rarely be able to enjoy it. Most people burnout, quit or get aged out way before reaching retirement age.

You'll end up mostly working with people overseas which ain't no picnic. That means working alongside people with the personality of a rock usually.