dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I always imagined being more rugged than what I see from this actress.

Especially from that picture of her. This actress looks too friendly

If Leslie Jones wasn't so focused on attracting white men, she would be perfect for it
wtf :gucci:
who said they wanted her :mjlol:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Even if all those tweets didn't exist #ADOS wouldn't want her taking the role and you already know that.

Daniel Kaluuya even said he likes Black Americans yet it was still a problem that he played that role in Get Out.

My point still stands and to be honest I wish all non Black Americans would cease playing BAs from now on.
But they do exist...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You know this how? What did she say?

Anyways, Cynthia Erivo is an award winning broadway actress so that is why she is getting push in hollywood. I saw her, front row, in The Color Purple broadway play and she was great in that but I have no interest in seeing anymore slavery era movies. To be honest, I have to be in a very specific mood to want to watch shyt like that because it affects me mentally and its a downer.

But like I said she was great in the broadway play I saw her in. I admit as a man, I got a little teary eyed.

These are low lives. Don't live your life based on these lifeless nikkas. I plan on watching it with my family. Harriet Tubman is a legend to me

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
another British born Nigerian cast to play a pivotal time in black American history:unimpressed:

Indeed less than ideal, but I'm still there. Day one if I can help it. I'm not passing up a chance to see Harriet played on the big screen because the casting isn't what I'd hope for. And Cynthia Erivo is really talented. I was lucky enough to see her on Broadway. Been a fan ever since.

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
Y’all ain’t tired but of movies where black folk look collectively weak? Just cause Fox was busting guns in Django unchained and this lady is busting guns at white folks here doesn’t make this a movie we should go see. In fact I would say to show as little support as possible so they know we don’t fukk with this shyt anymore.... man this is tiring :francis:

Actually fk it. Do what y’all want