UFC 276 On ESPN+ PPV [7/2] “International Fight Week: Australasian Invasion” (Adesanya/Cannonier, Volkanovski/Holloway)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Easily the most:flabbynsick: international fight week card I've seen. Should've just called this bytch "UFC 276: Old Yeller" because that's essentially what it was. Dana is obsessed when it comes to alienating his stars and this shyt is the outcome.

Shout out to Evil Eye and Cerrone for their career achievements, but they were both washed. I'm surprised Robbie and Max didn't also leave the gloves in the octagon.

I assumed Cannonier was going to fukk up and not go for it all. I understand the strategic aspect, but that man was fighting like there's going to be an automatic rematch. I'm assuming he'll get a fight with a Whitaker or Costa.

I know Dana won't do it, but he's going to have to look in the mirror and recognize that he's the reason why this shyt is mediocre. I'm looking at the Fight Night card in late July, and it's essentially a bunch of gatekeepers. Fans recognized a few years ago that Blaydes and Till won't reach the pinnacle.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
is that what izzy had in mind with the undertaker entrance? decisioned him to the grave :mjtf:

Easily the most:flabbynsick: international fight week card I've seen. Should've just called this bytch "UFC 276: Old Yeller" because that's essentially what it was.
laughing-laugh.gif

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps

That's his style, he's not a fun fighter, very cautious and uses distance.

He's gonna decision most of the time, he doesn't exactly got for many knockouts, I"m sure Dana is pissed in a sense.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Izzy keeps winning but he's been figured out.

"You can't get ko'd if you don't engage!"

And thats the mindset of his opponents now. They don't want to get KO'd like Rob then fukked like Costa. They would rather be in a Romero fight with Izzy.

Crazy how the division itself would be a round robin of champs if Izzy wasn't there.

And I know it's not my CTE to get, but after a point why not just throw shyt at the wall? Just see if you can catch him.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

And thats the mindset of his opponents now. They don't want to get KO'd like Rob then fukked like Costa. They would rather be in a Romero fight with Izzy.

Crazy how the division itself would be a round robin of champs if Izzy wasn't there.

And I know it's not my CTE to get, but after a point why not just throw shyt at the wall? Just see if you can catch him.

These dudes are fighters for a living so I'm sure they are aware that a long rangey fighter committed to keeping distance is going to out point and beat you handily if you fight cautiously yet they always do. plus you cant really hold him down wrassling wise for anything definitive. They just showing up for their check now.

its not the "right" decision and yea its not my cte to receive but cannonier should have just went for it. People say izzy is boring but like...if all you're going to do is basically turn it into a sparring match if youre the opponent what do you expect. its no secret at this point.

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
Strickland is fukked look at who around him. Rob, Ventorri, Costa, Cannon etc he not beating none of them bet he won't talk as much shyt as he used to. Thank God.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
What was Strickland thinking? Ok I’ll pressure him so his strikes won’t be as effective and just beat him with better boxing.

You don’t think Alex has fought against that before? Why wouldn’t you initiate any sort of grappling? :mindblown:

Whats the saying? pride comes before the fall. Even if you could stand with Alex, if you have experience in grappling why would you not use it. It’s like being in a knife fight and having a gun. Alex might have decent tdd but at least Strickland wouldn’t get knocked out the way he did. Just a dumb strategy.

Those City Kickboxing guys love just gaming the system. Reminds me of how Greg Jackson fighters used to fight. It’ll suck if Kai Kara France wins, but he does seem a little more exciting than their other fighters.

To be dominant in MMA I guess you either have to have that Dhagestine wrestling or you gotta be a complete striker with really good take down defense.

From the fighter’s perspective why not win by any means, you’re the fighter, UFC is the promoter let them promote. That’s what all that money they take is for.

Thinking about it more, Adsyena and Volk make the sport look good. That’s what a real sport should look like. Not two rednecks beating the crap out of each other for 15 mins. I know that’s what people like to watch but you need guys being technical so MMA can evolve.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What was Strickland thinking? Ok I’ll pressure him so his strikes won’t be as effective and just beat him with better boxing.

You don’t think Alex has fought against that before? Why wouldn’t you initiate any sort of grappling? :mindblown:

Whats the saying? pride comes before the fall. Even if you could stand with Alex, if you have experience in grappling why would you not use it. It’s like being in a knife fight and having a gun. Alex might have decent tdd but at least Strickland wouldn’t get knocked out the way he did. Just a dumb strategy.

Those City Kickboxing guys love just gaming the system. Reminds me of how Greg Jackson fighters used to fight. It’ll suck if Kai Kara France wins, but he does seem a little more exciting than their other fighters.

To be dominant in MMA I guess you either have to have that Dhagestine wrestling or you gotta be a complete striker with really good take down defense.

From the fighter’s perspective why not win by any means, you’re the fighter, UFC is the promoter let them promote. That’s what all that money they take is for.

Thinking about it more, Adsyena and Volk make the sport look good. That’s what a real sport should look like. Not two rednecks beating the crap out of each other for 15 mins. I know that’s what people like to watch but you need guys being technical so MMA can evolve.

Facts. As a dude that boxes irl (ammy basically :hubie: )

I really appreciate displays like izzy and volk cuz if you were to fight fr fr this is how you would want it go. Take minimal damage get the bag move along.

Cannon look like he had about 45 lbs on him fight night and fought timid as hell and its izzy fault the shyt was boring :mjlol:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tonight's outcomes are great for the build up to Adesanya vs. Pereira.

A lot of people are resenting Izzy for his performance, which in turn makes a lot of people want to see him lose. Pereira gets a first round KO and can be presented as the glimmer of hope for that defeat (or challenge) for the time being.

These goofies do this EVERY fight....for the millionth time its up to the challenger to take the belt and not make it an easy/boring fight for the champion

Prediction.....Pereira will make it an easy/boring fight for Adesanya, y'all going to bytch about Izzy being a boring fighter, hype up another fighter to beat Izzy, cycle continues

CUT IT....

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps

reminds me of silva at the end of his reign. cats dont want to get embarrassed so they play the cautious game, but thats not how you WIN a belt. you need to get in there and scrap. but they know what comes with that......