Gang leader and Brooklyn rapper Ra Diggs sentenced to 12 life terms plus 105 years

scuba

All Star
Daps
ehhh nyc aint what it used to be.

its still grimey, its not 'soft' but like folks say it changed.

was a time you could be a thorough dude and not be able to leave a brownsville train station without someone who was from there. those days are gone thats a definite change.

i remember when this blood gang first started popping in BK. I should say 'tried' to start popping. there was some gang initiation stuff the start of summer, literally 6 young bloods got merc'ed in 4 different in incidents in BK in one single DAY. The whole gang movement fell back for a year or so. it wasnt a coordinated response, it just happened because it was BK at the time and you couldnt just take over like that. thats different from today. not saying better or worse or 'keeping it real' just saying things have changed.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
naw, i noticed in NYC that the projects are close to everything..... South Jamaica was pretty close to JFK Airport,, QB is right off the Queensboro Bridge, Bed Stuy is close to Barclays center etc...
sounds like this dude was on a Google maps tour :heh:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Breh, Iast Sat night I was in the crib eating pizza and wings watcing the Cotto fight. heard a group of people running down the block, and a detective car driving by with its sirens blaring, i went :manny: shrugged it off and kept eating like its prolly just some knuckleheads the police trying to clear out the street.

Trying to pull up an article just now to post, I literally just found out somebody got murdered at a BBQ literally a half block from where I was that exact night:mindblown:

In New York you dont feel the effects of what just happened, or whats happening right next to you, cause theres so much going on, things cycle so quickly.
NY is just setup in a way these clowns yearn so hard to know but can never understand thats why they spend so much energy on it....my man lil cousin like 17yo jus got bodied almost directly across the street from the 88th in LG like last month...what other city has shootouts or catches bodies right in front of the police precinct like all the time? thats been happening there since i was a kid and its gentrified and still happening now:wow:

Daps
NY is just setup in a way these clowns yearn so hard to know but can never understand thats why they spend so much energy on it....my man lil cousin like 17yo jus got bodied almost directly across the street from the 88th in LG like last month...what other city has shootouts or catches bodies right in front of the police precinct like all the time? thats been happening there since i was a kid and its gentrified and still happening now:wow:

Where theyre from vast miles of land are in between every little thing. So they seen white people on Marcy ave, and assume the same for the whole area. When the truth is 2 blocks over is a completely, completely different world.

In new york its so dense you walk 3 block you literally just walked from a very safe hipster neighborhood into the guts of a project with nikkas offering you crack.

He may very well had actually been in those hoods i dont doubt. But things in new york are block to block. moment to moment. Somebody was probably getting shot the next block over and cause he doesnt see the effects he somehow thinks him walking through Soundview wasnt a moments luck.

If you really think youre safe go into one of these notorious neighborhoods and loiter there for about 20 minutes when the sun starts falling the patrol not as heavy and the vermin start emerging and lets see how safe you remain:mjpls:

East Brooklyn and the South Bronx though you dont even need to wait til sundown, them nikkas will serve you that violent work broad day

scuba

All Star
Daps
If you really think you're safe go into one of these notorious neighborhoods and loiter there for about 20 minutes when the sun starts falling the patrol not as heavy and the vermin start emerging and lets see how safe you remain:mjpls:

Your facts are true, but again, this is a big change from the past. There was a point when you were never safe anywhere around brownsville if you didnt live there. There was a specific point where in QB if you did not live there and you were inside the blocks, you would have to fight, male or female. Meanwhile I lived in Crown Heights, which got down, and robberies, drugs, murder happened... but at no point was it a 'no fly' zone where you would definitely have to fight if you entered crown heights and weren't from there. now brownsville is like how crown heights used to be. crown heights is like how park slope used to be... etc. There is in every neighborhood a 'no fly' block, or building or what have you yeah, but it aint whole hoods. and if you think its sweet you could catch it... but it aint like before it done changed.

RAX 010

Cold Blooded
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
I remember when i went Newark in 2000, place looked boring and lifeless.

I was only there for about a month, just goes to show, how easy it is to misjudge somewhere when you're just 'visiting'.

I Was in Harlem showing off to my Bm from charlotte a few years ago..and i was coppin a dashiki from the wise elder head on Malcolm X BLVD/125th Street we conversed told him i was from newark in the army and sh1t...he was like STAY YA ASS UP OUTTA NEWARK..LOL he was like go back to north cac or wateva...but Newark is cursed...he said the last generation aint hold it down ...
i was like damn he was right tho...when you drive thru there u get sad as fukk...and Malcolm X's CIA assasins was from the mosque on Halsey street Downtown NWK
:snoop:

Last edited:
Daps
Your facts are true, but again, this is a big change from the past. There was a point when you were never safe anywhere around brownsville if you didnt live there. There was a specific point where in QB if you did not live there and you were inside the blocks, you would have to fight, male or female. Meanwhile I lived in Crown Heights, which got down, and robberies, drugs, murder happened... but at no point was it a 'no fly' zone where you would definitely have to fight if you entered crown heights and weren't from there. now brownsville is like how crown heights used to be. crown heights is like how park slope used to be... etc. There is in every neighborhood a 'no fly' block, or building or what have you yeah, but it aint whole hoods. and if you think its sweet you could catch it... but it aint like before it done changed.

youre 100% right. its nothing how it was in the 70s 80s and 90s. But that goes for everywhere. The crack era made every major city like a 3rd world. The way ppl talk about Chiraq today, it was worse in the 80s, but fact remains that statistic sorcery going on with the NYPD offer a skewed version of what goes on. They dont even report murders on the 11pm news anymore unless its something overly dramatic, top stories are always something light, like some old lady got hit by a car in Chelsea. They base it on the daily lives and interests of the average cac living in downtown manhattan.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA

why u seem so excited and proud about this tho? :camby: stop livin in fantasy land, crime is down significantly in NYC. and was recently named "safest city in america"

http://nypost.com/2013/11/02/nyc-on-track-to-be-nations-safest-city/

:manny:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-ronald-herron-leader-bloods-gang-sentenced-life-prison-319248

Ronald Herron was sentenced Thursday to 12 terms of life in prison plus 105 years. The leader of the Bloods street gang, he was convicted in June 2014 on charges of racketeering, murder in aid of racketeering, narcotics trafficking, robbery and firearms offenses. Herron's division of the Bloods was active throughout New York City, primarily in the Gowanus and Wyckoff Gardens areas of Brooklyn.

"For years, Ronald Herron unleashed brutal, unrelenting violence on his community while glorifying his criminal lifestyle as a crack-dealing gangster. Today's sentence put an end to all of that, for good," U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said in a statement.

“Herron styled himself a rap artist, but the evidence proved that he was a murderous thug who sought power through violence, fear, and intimidation," she continued. "Let today's sentence send a message to other gang members who terrorize their own communities: We and our federal and city law enforcement partners will not tolerate such heinous criminal conduct."

Try Newsweek for only $1.25 per week

In his music, Herron claimed to be a leader of the "Murderous Mad Dogs," a division of the Bloods. He also boasted online about "beating a body," a reference to beating a murder rap. His street name was "Ra Diggs."

http://nypost.com/2015/04/02/remorseless-rap-thug-slapped-with-three-life-sentences/

A Brooklyn drug dealer-turned-failed rapper was defiant to the bitter end in Brooklyn Federal Court on Thursday as an angered judge sentenced him to three life sentences for murders and racketeering.

Ronald “Ra Diggs” Herron, who ran a drug operation out of the Gowanus Houses, was hit with the mandatory terms after a jury convicted him of whacking a trio of rivals and a slew of other crimes.

“You can sentence me to 10 life sentences,” he told the court. “But I am only going to die one time. God have mercy on all of us.”

Herron, who once recorded with rapper Waka Flocka Flame, repeatedly refused to stand up when Judge Nicholas Garaufis ordered him to rise. He finally acquiesced.

Herron’s family and friends in the audience muttered loudly throughout the proceeding, and one man even stood up as Herron was sentenced before he was ordered to take a seat.

“There is not an ounce of remorse in his body,” Garaufis said before handing down the mandatory terms.

Damn they violated son

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-ronald-herron-leader-bloods-gang-sentenced-life-prison-319248

Ronald Herron was sentenced Thursday to 12 terms of life in prison plus 105 years. The leader of the Bloods street gang, he was convicted in June 2014 on charges of racketeering, murder in aid of racketeering, narcotics trafficking, robbery and firearms offenses. Herron's division of the Bloods was active throughout New York City, primarily in the Gowanus and Wyckoff Gardens areas of Brooklyn.

"For years, Ronald Herron unleashed brutal, unrelenting violence on his community while glorifying his criminal lifestyle as a crack-dealing gangster. Today's sentence put an end to all of that, for good," U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said in a statement.

“Herron styled himself a rap artist, but the evidence proved that he was a murderous thug who sought power through violence, fear, and intimidation," she continued. "Let today's sentence send a message to other gang members who terrorize their own communities: We and our federal and city law enforcement partners will not tolerate such heinous criminal conduct."

Try Newsweek for only $1.25 per week

In his music, Herron claimed to be a leader of the "Murderous Mad Dogs," a division of the Bloods. He also boasted online about "beating a body," a reference to beating a murder rap. His street name was "Ra Diggs."

http://nypost.com/2015/04/02/remorseless-rap-thug-slapped-with-three-life-sentences/

A Brooklyn drug dealer-turned-failed rapper was defiant to the bitter end in Brooklyn Federal Court on Thursday as an angered judge sentenced him to three life sentences for murders and racketeering.

Ronald “Ra Diggs” Herron, who ran a drug operation out of the Gowanus Houses, was hit with the mandatory terms after a jury convicted him of whacking a trio of rivals and a slew of other crimes.

“You can sentence me to 10 life sentences,” he told the court. “But I am only going to die one time. God have mercy on all of us.”

Herron, who once recorded with rapper Waka Flocka Flame, repeatedly refused to stand up when Judge Nicholas Garaufis ordered him to rise. He finally acquiesced.

Herron’s family and friends in the audience muttered loudly throughout the proceeding, and one man even stood up as Herron was sentenced before he was ordered to take a seat.

“There is not an ounce of remorse in his body,” Garaufis said before handing down the mandatory terms.

Damn they violated son

if he is in fact guilty of his crimes, should he not be sentenced in such a way?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The thing is, new york is so big, and so denseyou have basically 3 different worlds interwoven on the same block. People come in from spread out places rfom the south, and west, and see oh, theres hipsters 10 blocks from brownsville and think shyt sweet:mjlol:. Nah breh, in New York, you're really in your own world. Where else can you be sardine crammed in a train literally almost cheek to cheek with another person and never look at them in the eye much less say hi to them. If youre not in a persons circle, youre invisible to them. Its like the cocktail party effect.

Theres multi million dollar brownstones a block from the B15 bus in bedstuy but best believe a month ago young boys were buckin on a rush hour bus split an innocent family man wig.

Not to mention how fast things move in New York. I was in bedstuy on a block riding through it looked regular as hell, heard some people at the store talking, and i easedropped:mjpls:. Apparently somebody has just gotten murdered around the block not even 2 hours ago. but NYPD came investigated and cleared it up within an hour as to not block the street.

So you could be walking up a street where a serious felony just took place the last hour, and it look like life as normal just because of the sheer pace that things move.

BrehBloomberg amended the city constitution to allow him to run for more terms. Thats some Papa Doc Duvalier Haiti dictator type ****

This the best description of NY I've read in a while. In NY you can literally be in a bubble and think thats your entire existence. Growing up in flatbush in the 90s, I never saw white people. White people were so foreign to me that I honestly thought they only existed on TV as a kid. The part of BK I was in with nothing but carribean cats, but you can just as easily hop on a train and be surrounded by nothing but Jews as far as the eye can see. Of all the cities I've been too, that's the one thing that makes NY, NY. It's fukking massive.