Va Tech needs to fire Frank Beamer and that AD

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
But this is HIS fault. Bud Foster has been covering his ass for like the past 8 years. Tech's defense keeps them in games including this one. And Thomas has regressed because he never wanted to play quarter back. You can look at him and tell he's just going through the motions. He has the talent but if you don't have that mentality you will never realize that talent fully. The fact that he chose to come back despite not having any weapons shows how dumb he is.

And this game shows the the difference in the talent. It shows you that Bud Foster is a great coach and gets the most out of his players. It's telling you that Beamer Ball is dead. Tech's legacy is a distant memory. Last year was the beginning. We also have had players transfer.

So the solution is to fire Beamer and everything is perfect again correct?

I just want to hear your plan to return Va Tech back to prominence since apparently Grandpa Frank can't get with the times and the game has passed him by (oh BTW, Va Tech won the ACC in 2010 and appeared in the championship game in 2011)

Recruiting via Rivals

Top 25 classes in 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009. If Beamer has better QB play, Va Tech is obviously a better team, but the results with recruiting and recent history don't bear out what you're saying.

As I said earlier, VT is probably going to challenge to win its division and probably go back to the ACC Championship game...you weren't beating Bama yesterday, but that doesn't mean VT is a 5 win program either. Reach thread

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

I just want to hear your plan to return Va Tech back to prominence since apparently Grandpa Frank can't get with the times and the game has passed him by (oh BTW, Va Tech won the ACC in 2010 and appeared in the championship game in 2011)

Recruiting via Rivals

Top 25 classes in 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009. If Beamer has better QB play, Va Tech is obviously a better team, but the results with recruiting and recent history don't bear out what you're saying.

As I said earlier, VT is probably going to challenge to win its division and probably go back to the ACC Championship game...you weren't beating Bama yesterday, but that doesn't mean VT is a 5 win program either. Reach thread

Top 25 should be a given. They're the best team in Virginia, one of the nation's top recruiting hotbeds.

The only schools that should be outrecruiting VT in the ACC regularly are Florida State and Miami.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top 25 should be a given. They're the best team in Virginia, one of the nation's top recruiting hotbeds.

The only schools that should be outrecruiting VT in the ACC regularly are Florida State and Miami.
Clemson?

AVXL

Daps
Reppin

But you're still getting quality top 25 talent in that system, conference championship appearances & wins pretty consistently.

Outside of last yr, Tech had 7 straight 10 win seasons. Yes last yr was bad and yesterday was a bad start, but the OP is acting like VT has been this garbage program for years & years. It's still a good program that suffered a down yr last yr, allow Coach Beamer to fix it since he's gotten it right more often than not in Blacksburg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Recruiting via Rivals

Like I said. Since 2004 Tech access to the Tidewater area of Virginia had changed. At one point Beamer was like they were not going to vigorously recruit out of state even though you have Tennessee and the Carolina's right there. WHen it comes to recruiting offensive and defensive lineman Virginia Tech has sucked for quite a few years now.

And again if you look at my posts you can clearly see that Logan Thomas was recruited to play Tight End. They failed to recruit 4 QB's including Boyd, EJ Manuel, Glennon and that starting QB for North Carolina. Tyrod Taylor was our last decent QB and he almost went to Florida. Because Tech has consistently ran a weak offense no great skill position or QB's have wanted to come. They got lucky with David Wilson and Ryan Williams and even they left early.

Tech needs a big name/high profile coach that will bring some type of legitimacy to the program. Someone who is commit to not only recruit in VA but recruit the best talent in the state. A coach that is also willing to go out of state. Beamer is almost like Bobby Bowden. His time has come and gone. In college football X's and O's get you but so far. Alabama wins because Saban knows how to recruit. Beamer changed offensive coordinators by bringing in Auburn's which had one of the worst offenses in the country last year :mindblown:

And the sad thing it that it seems like nobody at that school or in Blacksburg is willing to call Beamer out. If this was any other major program, that head coach would be gone.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
But you're still getting quality top 25 talent in that system, conference championship appearances & wins pretty consistently.

Outside of last yr, Tech had 7 straight 10 win seasons. Yes last yr was bad and yesterday was a bad start, but the OP is acting like VT has been this garbage program for years & years. It's still a good program that suffered a down yr last yr, allow Coach Beamer to fix it since he's gotten it right more often than not in Blacksburg

Of course Tech has gone 10-4, 11-3 for those seasons but they would

1. Lose their bowl game against a high profile team
2. Lose their ONLY non conference game against a high profile team like they did yesterday, and in a lot of instances get out classed in doing so

Tech's wins come from teams in the ACC having down years, The ACC has been weak during that 7 year stretch for the most part so all you have to do is look not that the wins but at the losses.

When Vick left, Tech also had a streak of starting the season in the Top 10 then have a collapse where they would lose 3 or 4 games. And that's when they had better talent. Beamer doesn't know how to relate to players. Marcus Vick had issues but Tech and Beamer never tried to help him and ended up kicking him off the team for stomping on a player. Tech needs new blood. It's going to take them having multiple 7 and 6 win seasons to get Beamer out of there. But again the Athletic Director is a dikk head as well. He needs to go first.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Like I said. Since 2004 Tech access to the Tidewater area of Virginia had changed. At one point Beamer was like they were not going to vigorously recruit out of state even though you have Tennessee and the Carolina's right there. WHen it comes to recruiting offensive and defensive lineman Virginia Tech has sucked for quite a few years now.

And again if you look at my posts you can clearly see that Logan Thomas was recruited to play Tight End. They failed to recruit 4 QB's including Boyd, EJ Manuel, Glennon and that starting QB for North Carolina. Tyrod Taylor was our last decent QB and he almost went to Florida. Because Tech has consistently ran a weak offense no great skill position or QB's have wanted to come. They got lucky with David Wilson and Ryan Williams and even they left early.

Tech needs a big name/high profile coach that will bring some type of legitimacy to the program. Someone who is commit to not only recruit in VA but recruit the best talent in the state. A coach that is also willing to go out of state. Beamer is almost like Bobby Bowden. His time has come and gone. In college football X's and O's get you but so far. Alabama wins because Saban knows how to recruit. Beamer changed offensive coordinators by bringing in Auburn's which had one of the worst offenses in the country last year :mindblown:

And the sad thing it that it seems like nobody at that school or in Blacksburg is willing to call Beamer out. If this was any other major program, that head coach would be gone.

And like I said YOU'RE REACHING. Outside of last season, Va Tech has been a well run program, winning the ACC as recently as 2010. You don't fire a coach for one down season, especially one that has built a program like Coach Beamer has. Va Tech has had the talent (look at the Rivals recruits the last 4 yrs), has had the success (7 of the last 8 seasons 10 wins or more), but hit a bad stretch last season.

Give him the opportunity to turn it around at least, shyt. In recruiting you're not gonna get everyone you want, but you can still win with top 30-top 50 talent (look at Oregon & Boise St). Beamer has done that, outside of last yr, let him figure it out and see how this yr plays out

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Beamer is 1-20 against top 5 opponents all-time. That's a big reason why they haven't moved into the elite tier of college football

Under Beamer

Nov. 14, 1987 -- at No. 3 Miami: 27-13 loss
Sept. 3, 1988 -- at No. 4 Clemson: 40-7 loss
Nov. 12, 1988 -- at No. 5 Florida State: 41-14 loss
Sept. 29, 1990 -- at No. 2 Florida State: 39-28 loss
Oct. 12, 1991 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Orlando): 33-20 loss
Oct. 24, 1992 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 43-23 loss
Sept. 18, 1993 -- at No. 3 Miami: 21-2 loss
Jan. 4, 2000 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Sugar Bowl/National Championship): 46-29 loss
Nov. 4, 2000 -- at No. 3 Miami: 41-21 loss
Dec. 1, 2001 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 26-24 loss
Dec. 7, 2002 -- at No. 1 Miami: 56-45 loss
Nov. 1, 2003 -- vs. No. 2 Miami: 31-7 WIN!
Aug. 28, 2004 -- vs. No. 1 USC (at FedEx Field): 24-13 loss
Jan. 3, 2005 -- vs. No. 3 Auburn (in Sugar Bowl): 16-13 loss
Nov. 5, 2005 -- vs. No. 5 Miami: 27-7 loss
Sept. 8, 2007 -- at No. 2 LSU: 48-7 loss
Oct. 25, 2007 -- vs. No. 2 Boston College: 14-10 loss
Sept. 5, 2009 -- vs. No. 5 Alabama (in Atlanta): 34-24 loss
Sept. 6, 2010 -- vs. No. 3 Boise State (at FedEx Field): 33-30 loss
Jan. 3, 2011 -- vs. No. 5 Stanford (in Orange Bowl): 40-12 loss
Aug. 30, 2013 -- vs. No. 1 Alabama (in Georgia Dome): 35-10 loss

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Beamer is 1-20 against top 5 opponents all-time. That's a big reason why they haven't moved into the elite tier of college football

Under Beamer

Nov. 14, 1987 -- at No. 3 Miami: 27-13 loss
Sept. 3, 1988 -- at No. 4 Clemson: 40-7 loss
Nov. 12, 1988 -- at No. 5 Florida State: 41-14 loss
Sept. 29, 1990 -- at No. 2 Florida State: 39-28 loss
Oct. 12, 1991 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Orlando): 33-20 loss
Oct. 24, 1992 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 43-23 loss
Sept. 18, 1993 -- at No. 3 Miami: 21-2 loss
Jan. 4, 2000 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Sugar Bowl/National Championship): 46-29 loss
Nov. 4, 2000 -- at No. 3 Miami: 41-21 loss
Dec. 1, 2001 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 26-24 loss
Dec. 7, 2002 -- at No. 1 Miami: 56-45 loss
Nov. 1, 2003 -- vs. No. 2 Miami: 31-7 WIN!
Aug. 28, 2004 -- vs. No. 1 USC (at FedEx Field): 24-13 loss
Jan. 3, 2005 -- vs. No. 3 Auburn (in Sugar Bowl): 16-13 loss
Nov. 5, 2005 -- vs. No. 5 Miami: 27-7 loss
Sept. 8, 2007 -- at No. 2 LSU: 48-7 loss
Oct. 25, 2007 -- vs. No. 2 Boston College: 14-10 loss
Sept. 5, 2009 -- vs. No. 5 Alabama (in Atlanta): 34-24 loss
Sept. 6, 2010 -- vs. No. 3 Boise State (at FedEx Field): 33-30 loss
Jan. 3, 2011 -- vs. No. 5 Stanford (in Orange Bowl): 40-12 loss
Aug. 30, 2013 -- vs. No. 1 Alabama (in Georgia Dome): 35-10 loss

:heh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
And like I said YOU'RE REACHING. Outside of last season, Va Tech has been a well run program, winning the ACC as recently as 2010. You don't fire a coach for one down season, especially one that has built a program like Coach Beamer has. Va Tech has had the talent (look at the Rivals recruits the last 4 yrs), has had the success (7 of the last 8 seasons 10 wins or more), but hit a bad stretch last season.

Give him the opportunity to turn it around at least, shyt. In recruiting you're not gonna get everyone you want, but you can still win with top 30-top 50 talent (look at Oregon & Boise St). Beamer has done that, outside of last yr, let him figure it out and see how this yr plays out

You mean give him an opportunity to go back to 11-3, 10-4 seasons with at best an Orange Bowl birth and no legit chance of competing for a national title? :comeon: That's the best Beamer can do. I don't want to go back to that. I've been complaining about how this program is run for years, not just last year or this year. SINCE 1995 I've followed the Hokies. They went from a mid major type school to a respected national power and never got over the hump. No championships. Winning the ACC is easy. You act like they play in the SEC.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
A little harsh on Beamer.. I just think its run its course at Tech...
I. Said he should have stepped away 2yrs ago..

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
pennetration state even has more control over va then tech does and penn state lost a lot of western pa (Pittsburgh) area recruits after the scandal happened.

its definitely time to get beamer out of there and start over when u can't even land top talent in your own neck of the woods.

tech does always have a solid defense ill give them that.