Va Tech needs to fire Frank Beamer and that AD

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Who would Tech fans want to replace Beamer?

I would prefer someone from the NFL. Mike Shannahan's son in Washington or hell I would take McDaniel in New England even. I want someone young. If Beamer goes I think it's 50-50 Bud Foster stays. He's already getting paid like a head coach but i don't want him to take over.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
You don't get it. He could've been an all American at tight end. He's not a leader. He's a gifted athlete and he can throw but he shouldn't be playing quarterback. They never recruited an heir to take Tyrod Taylor's place so they turned to Thomas. I feel bad for him actually.

Breh, you're talking about a guy who 2 years ago was an elite qb rated high on a lot of draft boards. They didn't develop him and he regressed, plain and simple.

breh i've been tracking this team since 1995. They suck at recruiting. They will recruit a TE and because they don't have enough good offensive linemen they will make a tight end gain weight and play guard. They haven't ran a decent offense in like forever. It's not about this game.

Yes, true. But to be fair, it worked out for a few of their TEs that were converted. Duane Brown, who is from Cap City I might add, converted and was a first rounder and has produced on the next level.

old college coaches while great in the past dont seem to want to adapt to the most part, everyone is playing fast especially in the acc, and beamer continues this old school football, no stud rb, no stud wrs, trying to win it by playing stout defense and field position.

Not true. VT tried to switch to a Oregon-like uptempo offense last year. shyt DID NOT WORK.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Breh, you're talking about a guy who 2 years ago was an elite qb rated high on a lot of draft boards. They didn't develop him and he regressed, plain and simple.

That was more of Mel Kiper not knowing what the hell he was talking about. Look, Logan Thomas has a pro arm and he has the size to be an elite QB. The problem is that he doesn't have what it takes mentally. He's not a leader. He's a 5th year senior with a bunch of freshman WR's and he's still trying to learn how to lead. You either have it or you don't. Tahj Boyd came back because of the talent Clemson had and he wanted to try and win a national title. Logan Thomas had no reason to come back. he could've developed on his own before the NFL draft. I don't even think he will go to the combine as a QB.

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
They ain't firing Beamer. He did too much for that program for Va Tech to just fire him. Plus, if they did fire him, they'd better not fukk up hiring his replacement like Maryland did after they fired Freidgen.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Beamer is 1-20 against top 5 opponents all-time. That's a big reason why they haven't moved into the elite tier of college football

Under Beamer

Nov. 14, 1987 -- at No. 3 Miami: 27-13 loss
Sept. 3, 1988 -- at No. 4 Clemson: 40-7 loss
Nov. 12, 1988 -- at No. 5 Florida State: 41-14 loss
Sept. 29, 1990 -- at No. 2 Florida State: 39-28 loss
Oct. 12, 1991 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Orlando): 33-20 loss
Oct. 24, 1992 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 43-23 loss
Sept. 18, 1993 -- at No. 3 Miami: 21-2 loss
Jan. 4, 2000 -- vs. No. 1 Florida State (in Sugar Bowl/National Championship): 46-29 loss
Nov. 4, 2000 -- at No. 3 Miami: 41-21 loss
Dec. 1, 2001 -- vs. No. 1 Miami: 26-24 loss
Dec. 7, 2002 -- at No. 1 Miami: 56-45 loss
Nov. 1, 2003 -- vs. No. 2 Miami: 31-7 WIN!
Aug. 28, 2004 -- vs. No. 1 USC (at FedEx Field): 24-13 loss
Jan. 3, 2005 -- vs. No. 3 Auburn (in Sugar Bowl): 16-13 loss
Nov. 5, 2005 -- vs. No. 5 Miami: 27-7 loss
Sept. 8, 2007 -- at No. 2 LSU: 48-7 loss
Oct. 25, 2007 -- vs. No. 2 Boston College: 14-10 loss
Sept. 5, 2009 -- vs. No. 5 Alabama (in Atlanta): 34-24 loss
Sept. 6, 2010 -- vs. No. 3 Boise State (at FedEx Field): 33-30 loss
Jan. 3, 2011 -- vs. No. 5 Stanford (in Orange Bowl): 40-12 loss
Aug. 30, 2013 -- vs. No. 1 Alabama (in Georgia Dome): 35-10 loss

whoa... staggering.

Good find and post.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
As a UVA fan I would be happy with the success that Tech and Beamer have had. They have consistently been a top 10-25 team year in year out and usually are nationally prominent. But with all the talent in Virginia us and the Hokies should be national contenders every year. Virginia may not be deep as a California or Texas but there is a enough talent that both teams should be powerhouses. I'm so happy that UVA is getting Quin Blanding and Andrew Brown but i'd be more ecstatic if we had Deshawn Hand too. And that's the problem right there. He's gonna end up at an out of state program and neither of the top teams in Virginia will have a chance at him. I feel that top tier 4 and 5 star talent should never slip out of that state's top teams grasp.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Beamer is going to be on his death bed before he leaves that job. It's sad that none of the VA schools cannot keep their talent. Both schools aren't using heir resources to the fullest. For example, how can Virginia not attract decent recruits when a Virginia degree guarantees you a job almost anywhere in the country?

OU was down for the entire 90's until they hired Bob Stoops in 1999. Bob Stoops is from the Bill Snyder coaching tree, one of the greatest (and underrated)coaches in college football. His gift is to recruit/develop 2 and 3 star athletes and turn them into college all-Americans. This gift has been instilled into every coach that learned to coach under Snyder but only 3 of those coaches mastered the ability: Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops(defense) and Mike Leach(offense). When Bob Stoops got on at OU, he hired all of his buddies that were from the Snyder tree... the aforementioned names plus Mike Mangino, Brent Venables and Bo Pelini, right from Bill Snyder himself. We went to from losing seasons all throughout the 90's to 6-6 his first season in 99 then a national championship in 2000. With everything Stoops has learned from Snyder, he has OWNED our bitter rival Texas 9-5 in the Mack Brown/Stoops era(as Snyder has done too)and has 8 conference championships in 14 seasons while Mack Brown only has 2, despite Texas resources and player pool. OU has only gotten a 5 star Texas recruit twice. You might of heard about the first one.... Adrian Peterson.... the other one was a bust that just left OU and will never be mentioned again. Stoops has stayed somewhat consistent because he has developed quality graduate assistants that are now on the staff and made a few smart hires every time other schools hire them away.

If I was Tech I would.....

1)Hire a QUALITY coordinator(defensive, preferably) from a dominant college coaching tree. The man with the greatest minds on his staff..... Saban.... If you find a genius coordinator that is ready to be a head coach and is proficient in offensive and defensive schemes then you've won half the battle..... or you can.....

2)Hire an NFL coordinator that has a good history of developing players. Players won't leave if there's already a pipeline to the NFL there.

There's 0 excuse to be 1-20 vs top 5...... If Stoops would have done that he would have been gone in 2 years...... Stoops is now 8 wins away from passing a great, albeit somewhat disgraced, Sooner legend, Barry Switzer. Stoops is greater because although he didn't win as many championships as he did, he runs the cleanest program in college football.

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think beamer is a good fit for tech, i dont see them ever becoming an elite team