Visiting Japan for a week: What should a breh do? [Pics] UPDATE: Got DRUGGED and Extorted in Roppong

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How's work out there? What's poppin out there so that a non japanese speaker can live and eat breh
hard to get into if you don't know japanese. Most people who arent military know japanese to an extent (even I know some). All of the africans I know are fluent in Japanese and are entrepreneurs like myself. One of my homies in okinawa use to be military and now he own a bar down there, then there are other dudes who either work for the DOD or do security jobs a black clubs n stuff like that. But as far as working for japanese....yeah good luck with that.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
  • Shibuya is the spot where all the young Japanese hang, shop and go clubbing. Its pretty much the times square of Tokyo.
Shibuya_1.jpg

• There's a lot of cosplay, girls dressed as Little Bo Peep, guys dressed like Final Fantasy
  • They young men are not interested in having relationships with the women over there. There's plenty of stories out there talking about how the young men don't feal like dealing with the heartache women can cause...
  • Roponggi is a tourist trap so don't go there unless you want to go to TGIF or Outback and be harassed by Africans trying to get you in there strip clubs
  • Beware of the no foreigners (“no gaijin”) signs around Tokyo. I think i ran into most of those in Shinjuku.
nogjnwb.jpg
  • If you are out late clubbing and need a quick nap, got to one of the many karaoke towers where you can rent a room for karaoke parties for as long as you want.
  • If you are into Transformers, Gundam etc, check out the Bic Camera stores scattered around. They are 8 to 9 floor department stores that have entire floors dedicated to Transformers and Gundam and other famous Japanese toys. They also have great electronic sections also. Theres also many specialty shops around that only deal with Transformers, Gundam...
  • When you ride the trains, you will notice everyone looking at there phones, no one is talking to each other...

Last edited:

Flychologist

All Star
Daps
And that's debatable with the staredown. There are a lot of blacks in Japan now.

I thought Japan was one of the safest countries around...please elaborate.

It is safe but it isn't crime free, when I was there they had gangs leading foreigners down alleys to spots that didn't exist and robbing them like old school times square. Other than that I didn't worry about anything.

@Clutch Robinson and @Gonzo , totally ignore this ^ post brush. If you're going to be in Tokyo or Kyoto no Asians will even care you're there. Africans set up shop and live out there, so a black person is def not anything new there. I went to a black-owned bar out there. Outside the city is where english will somewhat hard to come across. But within the city a lot of things also say the english translation so you'll be able to get by. Not sure if there's a major city in the world safer than Tokyo. I've seen kids who looked about 5 or 6yrs old taking the train to school out there. Safety is def not a problem.

Also, :mjlol: if you think chiks on the average out there gonna look like the ones you put in your original post. Some are cute but they are pretty slim with not really any variation in shapes. I went in the summer and a lot were wearing very short skirts but didn't have any ass.

:mjlol::childplease: Breh when was the last time you been to tokyo?

1.They teach english in schools like they teach spanish in cali
2. Ain't no one starring at nikkas like that in tokyo. Military bases are all around and I see nikkas everyday in tokyo (mostly africans)
3.Black clubs in tokyo are just like clubs in atlanta......why? because most of the nikkas who go to them are military from the states
4.Japanese girls who like nikkas (or any americans for that matter) are called amejo and they know how nikkas operate because they already been ran thru. Most know when you trying to run game and you ain't gonna be impressing no one thinking you can bring the hood to japan.
5.No one is going to rob you in japan. I see people who get too drunk and pretty much sleep the rest of the night on the side walk and no one bothers them. This ain't a 3rd world country where people will gank you because you got jordans on.
6.Where da fukk you eating at?! Soba, ramen, yakitori, izakaya will fill you up easily. Bento places are cheap as fukk and easy to get full off of too.

My experience you may ask?

Well I live there

@Clutch Robinson hit up club fetti. My homegirl own the spot and its pretty much like a club in the states except with amejo. Its in roppongi

There are lots of black people in Tokyo.

You have no idea wtf you're talking about :russ:

Y'all right. I was just stuck in Japan for 7 months where i traveled from coast to coast:francis: outside of @Dirty none of you dropped your credentials so....

You guys are right though,young people know some English in Tokyo but older people ain't walking around fluent in it. Especially when you get outside of the city and military base area but I don't think he'll have to worry about that like I did.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Gas Panic :banderas: @twan83 hook this man up!

Breh the Japan I knew and loved not same as it was when I was there :mjcry:

I just talked to my old roommate who is married to a jap cuz I knew his wife since they were together

But he told me this it changed for the good and the bad

He was there last summer I think he said and the spots I use to go too and things I love aren't the same

He said a lot of the major cities became more Americanized compared to when we were there but granted that should be expected I was there in 2001-2003
The spots we use to go too not really there he did say gas panic is still there in ropponggi but he told me its run by brazilians now tho not sure if he means owner or the people he didn't say what music they played tho it use to be hip hop and r&b

He did tell me shibuya or was it shinjinki gaspanic is the one too go too

The clubs in Yokohama we went too are gone pretty much probably diff ones

Also said some of the jap females became more Americanized for the worse but it depends on their upbringing tho cuz they can be more Americanized but still retain jap values that I loved which is fine by me

Asked him bout the looks said a more hit or miss compared to what we saw but said they still got them tho :banderas: and the people who say otherwise aren't in the spots too see them cuz he seen them and his wife knows where they be at regardless

:russ: at him bringing up his wife sister cuz I use to date her back in the day tho

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
  • Shibuya is the spot where all the young Japanese hang, shop and go clubbing. Its pretty much the times square of Tokyo.
Shibuya_1.jpg

• There's a lot of cosplay, girls dressed as Little Bo Peep, guys dressed like Final Fantasy
  • They young men are not interested in having relationships with the women over there. There's plenty of stories out there talking about how the young men don't feal like dealing with the heartache women can cause...
  • Roponggi is a tourist trap so don't go there unless you want to go to TGIF or Outback and be harassed by Africans trying to get you in there strip clubs
  • Beware of the no foreigners (“no gaijin”) signs around Tokyo. I think i ran into most of those in Shinjuku.
nogjnwb.jpg
  • If you are out late clubbing and need a quick nap, got to one of the many karaoke towers where you can rent a room for karaoke parties for as long as you want.
  • If you are into Transformers, Gundam etc, check out the Bic Camera stores scattered around. They are 8 to 9 floor department stores that have entire floors dedicated to Transformers and Gundam and other famous Japanese toys. They also have great electronic sections also. Theres also many specialty shops around that only deal with Transformers, Gundam...
  • When you ride the trains, you will notice everyone looking at there phones, no one is talking to each other...
what kinda places have the japanese only signs? I know some bathhouses have them

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
First thing you have to do is get a translator because like 1 in 100 people there speak English. You not eating without a translator literally. If you're black prepared to be stared at because depending on what part you go to most people and kids have never seen a black man in real life. When you go to the club they're going to expect you to bust into a James Brown dance routine because you're black. If you do then you can have almost any girl in the building. Don't wander Tokyo alone and if you do don't go down any alleys with no people or follow someone who knows a shortcut. Japanese meals are small compared to America so you will get hungry a lot.
:dwillhuh: never heard any of this shyt before

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It is safe but it isn't crime free, when I was there they had gangs leading foreigners down alleys to spots that didn't exist and robbing them like old school times square. Other than that I didn't worry about anything.

Y'all right. I was just stuck in Japan for 7 months where i traveled from coast to coast:francis: outside of @Dirty none of you dropped your credentials so....

You guys are right though,young people know some English in Tokyo but older people ain't walking around fluent in it. Especially when you get outside of the city and military base area but I don't think he'll have to worry about that like I did.

I was there for 2 years stationed out there at camp zama from 01-03
But at that time compared to now is different tho
Was nowhere near as Americanized as now
Back then u felt u like a foreigner which I actually liked more that

I was out there when naruto first debuted in Japan that's how long ago
I was out there for 2002 World Cup one of goat experience for me them woman of all races :noah:

My old roommate wife is from Japan and he goes there every so often so I can get Intel from him whenever I need it

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
what kinda places have the japanese only signs? I know some bathhouses have them
There's plenty of restaurants that will give you the dez bryant if you try to enter. We ending up catching a cab to Roponggi after being turned away at 3 or 4 different restaurants in Shinjuku one night and the funny thing it wasn't because of me, it was the Korean dude that was with me that they wanted no parts of. The Korean vs. Japanese rivalry is real...

deztd.gif

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
There's plenty of restaurants that will give you the dez bryant if you try to enter. We ending up catching a cab to Roponggi after being turned away at 3 or 4 different restaurants in Shinjuku one night...

deztd.gif
even for the africans that live there? :wow: