Went to a supermarket in Nigeria and saw rows of bleaching cream...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thread is about the after effects of Imperialism. But instead, the comments revolve around ethnicity vs ethnicity battles

Never fails :wow:
Never fails
Do. you expect anything different?
Loaded up the ignore list in Jan 2021, and never looked back.

People with VERY limited life experiences here. Have nothing meaningful to add to any adult discussion. Don't see why people don't ignore them.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Do. you expect anything different?
Loaded up the ignore list in Jan 2021, and never looked back.

People with VERY limited life experiences here. Have nothing meaningful to add to any adult discussion. Don't see why people don't ignore them.
Mentally stunted motherfukkers

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
On the OP topic, this is going to lead to major health problems down the road.

I've read about this topic for years. They sell regulated, relatively "safe" skin bleaching products across the world. Ambi skin lightening products are sold in the U.S., for example.
But in developing countries, and in ethnic marts in Western ones.....they sell products with higher doses/concentrations of the bleaching ingredient. At those levels, they are carcinogens.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
On the OP topic, this is going to lead to major health problems down the road.

I've read about this topic for years. They sell regulated, relatively "safe" skin bleaching products across the world. Ambi skin lightening products are sold in the U.S., for example.
But in developing countries, and in ethnic marts in Western ones.....they sell products with higher doses/concentrations of the bleaching ingredient. At those levels, they are carcinogens.
I thought bleaching products were banned in the US?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I thought bleaching products were banned in the US?
No. They might regulated about what and whether the products can be called "skin lighteners", but still sold here.
The products sold overseas have much higher doses and meant to "work" much faster. Some of the countries tried to regulate the products, but demand for the stronger formulas drives demand for them on the Black(pun) market.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
She tried to lump two ethnicities into each other and project the problems of one on to the other.

Of course she rightfully got a push back.

ADOS are NOT Africans
Exactly. They were in a tub full of whatever it was and literally scraping the skin off to become lighter. Not ADOS women. And doesn’t that Vybz Kartel dude have his own bleach line?

EDIT: