What is the blueprint to becoming a successful black man?

FSP

Banned
Daps
A lot of people might accuse me of c00ning/buckdancing:patrice:
You really worried about that, man? People eventually will say condescending shyt about everybody, there's no way around it.
It's just people's way of compensating for their own misery because your success threatens their ego.
If u know you're not then there's nothing to worry about. The people u mentioned all had to work with whites. That's where the money & connections are most of the time.
Do what u gotta do..fk these lames. Just think about it as a sacrifice you make so maybe your kids won't have to.

Of course if you in the position to work entirely with blacks, take it. Just realize By default you might be limiting your opportunities by thinking that way

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Sorry if it seems longwinded, but I just need some advice because I feel empowered by my heavenly Father & ready to conquer the world, but I look at the black experience in America and get disillusioned.

Well, what do you mean by "successful"?

I mean, Jesus said he "conquered the world", but he didn't even have a house to live in
despite him being a carpenter!

And in these times, why would you want to "conquer the world" anyway?
Your Heavenly Father said this world, its desires, and the things in it would go away...

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Well, what do you mean by "successful"?

I mean, Jesus said he "conquered the world", but he didn't even have a house to live in
despite him being a carpenter!

And in these times, why would you want to "conquer the world" anyway?
Your Heavenly Father said this world, its desires, and the things in it would go away...
Successful to me means obtaining the necessary wealth so that I can better my community & give my lineage a better life.

I know I'm going to pass away one day, but I want to make sure my children & their descendants get to live life the way it was truly intended

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Just do what other successful people have done. Study them. They don't have to be black

The easiest way to build wealth, is to sell a product online, and use the profits to buy multi family real estate. And it doesn't really matter if you're black. Ain't none of your customers gotta know that if you don't want them to.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Very good thread....should be stickied actually.

Firstly, you are on the right path by pursuing a foundation in education. That not only opens up horizons mentally and job-wise, but also gives you confidence when speaking to someone who might potentially be a seed investor in your project in the future and actually gives them that confidence to invest in your business as well. Not saying education is some magic bullet for success, but it is certainly a tool for success and gives you an edge as a black man aiming to operate in a white society.

Where are you transferring schools to? What region/area? I would advise that you look up internships as you pursue your studies. Find out about the local tech scene in your area, and reach out to tech firms that are looking for interns. Even if you are hand delivering mail and running errands, it's fine - you will build up your contact list. Make sure you don't share any ideas you might have without having someone signing an MoU with the presence of a lawyer first.

You should look at the societies and groups that you might have locally as well. You'll be surprised to find a local chapter of one that caters to your demographic. I believe also, as someone mentioned earlier, it's a good idea to also attend conventions in your chosen industry as it's also a good way to build up your contact list.

Read, read, read and know everything there is to know about your chosen field. Even if you don't known it practically, at least have a theoretical knowledge of it. I'd also advise (or maybe this might be too early for you) to register a company or at least have a DBA (doing business as). It's good to have business cards for people you meet for recollection purposes. And as you already know what you want to do with your career, it might be good for you.

Employment first, then think entrepreneurship. While you might think you have the next Facebook idea, those success stories are very few and far between. When you graduate, and thereafter are hopefully able to secure employment, work for a few years, build up your resume (and savings) and start slowly building up your idea and potential business.

If you get a chance to in the future and if you can afford it, try and travel abroad as much as you are opportuned to expand your global horizons and to build contacts abroad. Also see if your major offers a foreign exchange program.

I think vitally to all of the above is having integrity and a good work ethic. There is no magic bean that you are going to take that is going to make you successful. You have to work very hard and very often for it, and remember that failure is part of the process. There is no successful businessman today that didn't have multiple stories of failure before attaining that one story of success, unless they inherited a bunch of money. So that's just some advice from me young breh. Won't sit and claim to be successful, but I know enough successful people to know that success doesn't happen at the snap of a finger, but it's rather a life-long journey.

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
The blueprint to becoming successful is not to be desperate and to be content with yourself however your life turns out...

Many Black folks are desperate and discontented with their life...

The desire for results and lack of definition of what success is...(other than just being rich and famous) is the downfall of many...

People spend all their time reading self-help bullshyt, watching YouTube videos and etc to find out with rich people do and only make other motherfukkers rich...that aren't even rich...

Matter of fact...if the definition of success is to be a multimillionaire...you already failed...

All I want is...not to be beholden to other people...and create cool shyt...

If I can do that...I consider myself successful...

That's all I want...shyt isn't even material...

And if I fail in achieving that...I am good.

Life is temporary...ima go die and be at peace with myself instead of being some sick and desperate motherfukker.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Sales. If I can turn back the clock to when I was your age I would do everything in my power to get into and grow in Sales. Your Degree is solid. Assuming it combines Business acumen and IT knowledge. You have the ability to dip into IT, Finance and Accounting fields which gives you high paying job options. Add in Sales and you'll be a triple threat.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m surprised you didn’t read Reginald Lewis book. It’s one of the best books I’ve read on bossin up

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are going to tell you to join a bunch of groups and meet people. Do this and keep in touch with the winners. Stash away the info of 2 or 3 chicks you'd consider wifing as well. Other than that have fun and don't impregnanate anyone yet.