What is the blueprint to becoming a successful black man?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
The blueprint to becoming successful is not to be desperate and to be content with yourself however your life turns out...

Many Black folks are desperate and discontented with their life...

The desire for results and lack of definition of what success is...(other than just being rich and famous) is the downfall of many...

People spend all their time reading self-help bullshyt, watching YouTube videos and etc to find out with rich people do and only make other motherfukkers rich...that aren't even rich...

Matter of fact...if the definition of success is to be a multimillionaire...you already failed...

All I want is...not to be beholden to other people...and create cool shyt...

If I can do that...I consider myself successful...

That's all I want...shyt isn't even material...

And if I fail in achieving that...I am good.

Life is temporary...ima go die and be at peace with myself instead of being some sick and desperate motherfukker.
But don't we (blacks) need money to empower ourselves & the next generation?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm currently 19 years old, about to transfer from community college to a university for my bachelor's. I plan on getting my degree in Business Information Systems, and currently I'm learning how to code C++, and eventually Ruby,...
Ok, that's good.

because I want to start a tech company.
Stepping stones. Learn the ins and outs of programming first. Try to get an internship in the summers.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Check out your local SCORE organization. score.org
They have mentors.
Once you transfer get involved with NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) and any other black professional societies/associations. The old heads love to look out for and work with young professional black men. Let them know you want a mentor.

I made up my mind this is the path im gonna take especially with NSBE. I'll do petroleum engineering since the pay for that with just a bachelors is so high. Especially if i were to move out of state to somewhere like Houston where its really big. I'll do the IT thing with gaining certs on the side

What i wanna ask you though is whether or not there are also national black societies of other industries such as the medical field or finance. Just wanted to know just in case i have family or friends who are interested in other fields. Many times we don't even know of societies like this. I may have heard of NSBE in passing over the years but never fully looked into it until today

str8cashhomie87

All Star
Daps
I made up my mind this is the path im gonna take especially with NSBE. I'll do petroleum engineering since the pay for that with just a bachelors is so high. Especially if i were to move out of state to somewhere like Houston where its really big. I'll do the IT thing with gaining certs on the side

What i wanna ask you though is whether or not there are also national black societies of other industries such as the medical field or finance. Just wanted to know just in case i have family or friends who are interested in other fields. Many times we don't even know of societies like this. I may have heard of NSBE in passing over the years but never fully looked into it until today
Bro there are black societies/professional organizations for every field. For example, The NMA & NDA are for Black doctors and dentist respectively. The NABA is for black accountants.

Good luck brother. I love hearing about fellow black men trying to get ahead.