When white people found out Frankie Lymon was black

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
That's the face all white people make when asked to catch a beat and remain in rhythm for two minutes straight.

All the reactions are hilarious. Look at 2:20-2:30. Kid checks out, then checks the fukk back in.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
So much context missing. Dude blew up a few years before that with "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" in 1956 and that performance was 1960.

Of course many people knew dude was black beforehand. This whole culture of putting words in people's mouths is lame af. People making full-on storylines in their head off a single picture.

Truth is many people actually watched concerts during that time in a similar manner. It's funny look at the older comments to the video, nobody was race baiting.

Last edited:

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
What’s up with that devil looking statue in the background? :patrice:
Wish.com version of Alma Mater

800px-2014_Columbia_University_Alma_Mater_closeup.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah... they already knew he was black. Also... anybody could listen to that song and tell that it's sung by a black person.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Do you know why they were acting like that?

Could be a number of reasons. mid reaction to a song that wasn't a smash hit, mid reaction to him because a more popular star was set to perform later on, a member alluded to an earlier controversy with a white female fan.

Last edited:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Wait, the guy who tweeted it is doubling down? On a topic that he's VERIFIABLY wrong about?

Ni03OTA2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Mi02OTE3LmpwZWc.jpeg
Not everybody read magazines all the time :manny:

There's cats here who said back in the early 90s you didn't always know how the person who made a hit song even looked like until a few months later.

There's artists now with popular songs that I don't even know how they look like. And that's in the internet/information age :manny:

I'm not gonna say that Twitter posted is right, but it's feasible

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Reminds me of Chirs Rock in Dogma talking about Jesus being black. I can't remeber the exact line but it was something like "They love it until they find out they getting it from a black man"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Not everybody read magazines all the time :manny:

There's cats here who said back in the early 90s you didn't always know how the person who made a hit song even looked like until a few months later.

There's artists now with popular songs that I don't even know how they look like. And that's in the internet/information age :manny:

I'm not gonna say that Twitter posted is right, but it's feasible
Those aren't magazine spreads. That is the front/back of the album for an act that had a top
10 hit

And with a huge hit single, they likely appeared on any TV show aimed at teenybopper audience singIng the song.

The guy who tweeted it just doesnt want to walk back being wrong.