When white people found out Frankie Lymon was black

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
EVERYONE knew Frankie Lymon was black by the time of that performance. Frankie hit big when he was 13 and by the time he recorded and released Little Bitty Pretty One he was around 18.

Also I read that the reason the people looked like that was because it was one of the first instances of Live TV recording, don’t know how true that is but it makes more sense than a group of people JUST figuring out that one of the most popular and recognizable pop stars of his era was a black man lol

concise

Veteran
Daps
Another ctrl-c ctrl-v thread

No wonder Brook asked mods to clean up the site to get rid of excess junk, seemingly to no avail :francis:

tbf, that clip keeps going viral on social media again and again with a different caption each time. OP just posted the latest tweet that made it happen. :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
You mean to tell me all those people waited in line that whole time where probably at least a few people there (including dudes or their boyfriends) having known dude is black and all those people are still surprised?

This was after the guys' group had a really big hit a few years before and many of the black artists at the time were known for music that makes you dance?

Nah, this is bs. Even if two people in that line knew the singer/performer was black everyone else would've found out before the show and they'd have bounced.

They knew dude was black, folks going back in hindsight and trying to create narratives.

The guy posting this is straight up not right in the head, look at how he's posting. Dude obviously is a clout chaser.

Last edited:

Creepn

All Star
Daps
It's common sense yall. They were acting like that because they don't wanna be seen screaming with lust at a black man on national television and be called a N-lover when they get home. Come on now. :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
dikk clark: introducing a nikka i hope dont bobby brown pump.:hubie:
frankie: little pretty pretty bytch!
c1KGroZ.png

cave bytch one: I stuck fingers in me to a ******s singing:picard:
cave bytch two: I'm wet but i shouldnt be....this is wrong!:damn:
cave bytch three: where are the police??:beli:
cave bytch four: he wouldnt be my first black.:sas2:
frankie: I'd shoot some heroin and fukk em all.
vDaMlVS.png

UKVu0t8.gif

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought arie spears was Britney little sister. I’m not believing that they knew he was black

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
They knew he was Black :comeon: but didn't wanna be seen head nodding to his humming because they were racist.

Racist CACs back in those eras didn't care if you were Black and talented like Lymon.

He wasn't gonna get any props, smiles, or daps from them regardless of how good his singing was.

Racist CACs nowadays MIGHT be the type to play the fence to save face when it comes to Black artists but back then not so much.

Last edited: