Where did the gold teeth trend start?

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Boxer Jack Johnson was knocking out crackers, fukking pawgs, and rocking gold fronts back in 1909

hqdefault.jpg
:ohhh: He was a cool dude other than the c00n shyt

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
There use to be a little hole in the wall out in Fort Worth. That sold the grills and CDs. Like a swap meet.

OAN the first time i seen the fang craze was i think on the Sunz Of Man inlay for the Last Shall Be The First Album

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I remember being in elementary school and seeing kids with golds. I had six to the bottom in high school. After high school I rocked a gold tooth on my bottom canine tooth, after I lost it, I got one on my top right tooth after the canine. You can't be from Miami and never had golds.

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
I don't know how old some of my other NOLA brehs are on here. But i bout to tell my age to a extent back in the day BEFORE Katrina and when you had Woolsworth on that corner of Canal Street. You could go to a place called McCory's (its a Athletes foot or a Lady Foot Locker i believe) and get the caps or the permanents, or open faces.

I never seen that whole intricate thing of the setting of VVS stones and all that other stuff until i hit Texas and Sacramento.

1st and claiborne

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
:whew:all praises due to Allah my mother stopped me from getting 12 permanent golds when I was 15, she sat and cried in her closet, that was worse than any beating i ever got...and i got some legendary beatings as a kid.

Everybody knows golds started in the south, n.o. or houston idk but i know gold fronts started in nyc

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
fam in nigeria did shyt back in the 70s/80s

used it as a sign of wealth, wouldn't put it past them to pawned them off if shyt got bad though