Which show is the most timeless: South Park, The Simpsons or Spongebob?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Simpson’s for the Iconic factor. I remember when they first came out :old:

Personally for me it’s South Park. So much fukkery. Randy Marsh is the animated version of Michael Scott. :wow:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Simpson's...

Southpark could've had the crown at one point because it's funniest episodes are funnier than the funniest Simpson's episodes, but Simpson's is just unreal with it's longevity and cultural significance. I mean, Simpson's and to a lesser extent Beavis and Butthead were the first to actually pioneer the genre.

Spongebob doesn't have a big enough body of work to even be in the conversation.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I don't know if anybody remember...but even the Simpsons themselves knew how much cultural impact they've had not just in America but even overseas.

Remember that episode (Behind The Laughter) where the whole family was speaking about their own impact in society...Bart Simpson alone is bigger than South Park.

Even President Bush back in the early 90s had mentioned how The Simpsons family were so big culturally he didn't want people outside of America to think they represent the average family living in America.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
do u mean in terms of its content?

south park covers what seems like mostly recent events like elections or reality shows, so i wouldn't call it timeless.
simpsons sometimes covers this stuff
spongebob ...yeah i'd consider that timeless

classic is definitnely simpsons.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
South Park at it's peak is funnier, But they have some episodes that are just trash and odd. Those first few seasons are kinda trash too.

Even though The Simpson have been washed, there is still a level of quality. Entertaining but it's just not super funny anymore.

Spongebob doesn't fit in here.

IMO Simpsons have been surpassed by South Park, Family Guy etc., but will always be the GOAT.

Our generations Flintstones.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1) Simpsons - All the reasons already listed.
2) South Park - A lot of people are overlooking South Park, but they had such thoughtful critiques and observations on society that they snuck into almost every episode. Since it was so easy to get caught up in the fart jokes and crude humor, it is easy to overlook how smart the show is. I think this is where they compare the most to the Simpsons.

At 32, I never really got into Spongebob.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
:francis: at the South Park hate. It's still relevant and the only show to improve in all aspects as it's gone on. Went from shytty shock-humour to insightful social commentary. And Spongebob is a weird fit.. may as well bring in Johnny Bravo or Dexter's Lab :mjlol: