Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Both of them were on their shyt so I wouldn't say one rapped better than the other but I think Family Matters is overall the best track of the beef.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Not just about bars. And even thats debateable. you guys need to remember, how you animate your lines, emote, ability to change tempo, speed etc matter.

Drake has one mode, as @Black Excellence said: arrogant unbothered. Thats it.

Listen to Euphoria then meet the grahams. Kendrick sounds like a different dude, knows how to inflect for the art he's making. Drake just is...monotone, and predictable with his flow and cadence. Never changes. Speed rarely changes also.

This shyt is a skill you can objectively observe; its like saying two stech artists are the same in skill when one cant shade, but you may like his overall picture better, but the guy who cant shade isnt as good as the guy who can.
So what you saying is you value how animated you can be over bars ?

You know what Yall Kendrick fans got it

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best lyrics: Kendrick
Best flow: Kendrick
Best songs: Kendrick
Best promotion: Drake

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Well you’re wrong. Like I said, there’s more to rapping than bars and lines. Kendrick had some lines too, but he brought so much more artistically as well.

I hate these discussions because just because I feel Kendrick rapped better overall, that doesn’t mean I don’t think Drake didn’t come with it. I don’t even listen to Drake, but I’ll give credit where it’s due (assuming that he wrote his raps).
I liked the Kendrick songs but he didn’t come with the bars like he should’ve

Drake had better bars

No Hook

Surrounded By Hate Yet I Love Home
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Drake got him when it comes to actual raps which is actually surprising. Family Matters, The Heart Part 6 and even Push Ups had a lot of slick shyt in it. And the Mike Jackson scheme in FM crazy as fukk. Some Lupe Fiasco shyt.

Kendrick only won the beef because he immediately stepped on Family Matters and I think a lot of people wanted Drake's downfall for whatever reason. Maybe it's because people generally hate to see the same nikka on top over and over.

Drake throwing shots at rappers acting like he's "the greatest of his generation" (his words) when he doesn't has writers and known reference tracks is why fans hardcore hip hop fans such as myself have been wanting his downfall. He got big headed for absolutely no reason at all at a time when rappers were fukking with him

Idc what anyone says. Pusha's "diss" is weak as fukk. OMG HE HAS A CHILD?!?! What the fukk is this? Ricky Lake?? So fukking corny. That's how I know people in general are lame. Him having a child had nothing to do with anything and isn't a diss in my eyes. Especially giving the situation.

If you really think Story Of Addidon was weak, I can't take any rap statement you make seriously. Push stating Drake has a child wasn't the only degrading thing Pusha said about him

Are you a black man?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Drake but it was never about the music/bars. This was a power struggle battle

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I liked the Kendrick songs but he didn’t come with the bars like he should’ve

Drake had better bars
That’s your opinion. I already said for ME, bars and lines aren’t the be all to end all. My initial point in my first comment is people will discredit Kendrick’s records because they don’t contain as MANY bars (because he did have some), but some of the greatest diss records of all time wasn’t about having bars either.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crooked I said it better, Family matters was Drake's best effort, but lyrically, it was still nowhere near Euphoria
Now its very possible that drake fans know nothing about lyricism :pachaha:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Dudes can shyt talk the occasional alien voice, but Kendrick got more mic presence than a lot of nikkas goats. Giving Drake some credit, Kendrick could get away with saying nothing sometimes, but it’s because the nikka says it more interestingly than many rappers say their absolute best verses.

The most “lyrical” effort was Euphoria. The best execution was MTG, probably followed by either the middle section of Family Matters or Not Like Us. I really can’t give Drake punchlines bc all the shyt you hear nikkas quoting are the ones K-Dot had. Drake did have some great flips, but many of them weren’t even aimed at Kendrick. The lines insinuating Weeknd and Cash were gay were some of his best flips to me.

I thought it was the most excited Drake has sounded on a mic in a very, very long while though. Then he threw that away for the monotonous shyt again on that most recent flop. He had a few lines on there but bc the nikka sounded like he was about to doze off mid delivery…they rarely hit

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal

Drake but it was never about the music/bars. This was a power struggle battle

T-Top don't even take angles in his battles lmao. He just uses "I used to sell crack to my mama" type shyt. His opinion barely valid.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake throwing shots at rappers acting like he's "the greatest of his generation" (his words) when he doesn't has writers and known reference tracks is why fans hardcore hip hop fans such as myself have been wanting his downfall. He got big headed for absolutely no reason at all at a time when rappers were fukking with him

If you really think Story Of Addidon was weak, I can't take any rap statement you make seriously. Push stating Drake has a child wasn't the only degrading thing Pusha said about him

Are you a black man?
Then you are probably lame as hell my guy. It's weak as fukk. It has nothing on Ether, Hit Em Up, No Vaseline, hell even You Ain't Bone by Bone Thugs. I still can't believe people were that gassed over Drake having a kid.

Not to mention Pusha is a trash rapper. He has one flow and one cadence and they are both boring.

It's you who can't be taken seriously when it comes to rap.