Why are Muslims more well integrated in the US than in Europe?

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Because the U.S. is separated from the Muslim world by an entire ocean and can be a lot more selective with the migrants it takes in, basically limiting it to college educated and high skilled workers. Meanwhile any dude fleeing war in his country can make it to Europe if he’s dedicated enough, let alone all of the refugees they’ve brought in legally.

My parents are from Pakistan. I recently met some British Pakistanis for the first time while traveling and was surprised by how different the diaspora is there. This British Pakistani girl said she wouldn’t have talked to me if I was British :mjlol:

Last edited:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Because Muslims that can afford to take a plane to the U.S tend to be more educated so more open to other ideas ,
while those in Europe just walk there.

edit: This happens with every immigrant group by the way, For example....Venezuelans in DR have a good rep compared to Venezuelans in the rest of Latin America ...same with Haitians. The educated ones left Haiti during the Duvalier era to the U.S while the ones that be immigrating to DR tend to be of low education/skills .

Daps
The US wasn't always open to Muslims. Look at the history of the Nation of Islam in this country. (Talking about Elijah Muhammad, not Farrakhan.)

Elijah Muhammad and the Nation of Islam were the ones who went through all of the trials and turbulence and made it okay to be a Muslim in America.

Then folks from the east started moving here and capitalizing on the goodwill that the Nation of Islam built for decades, and what's worse, they didn't even give credit to the Nation for the sacrifices that they made.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Migration history and patterns. There is a hub of MENAs in Michigan, and sub enclaves around the country. They helped to integrate subsequent waves of people from those countries and cultures here. Muslims and Christians.

The success of those in Dearborn area might not have a counterpart story in the countries of Europe that they've migrated to.

I believe that Houston might be that hub for Muslims of Nigerian background.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Migration history and patterns. There is a hub of MENAs in Michigan, and sub enclaves around the country. They helped to integrate subsequent waves of people from those countries and cultures here. Muslims and Christians.

The success of those in Dearborn area might not have a counterpart story in the countries of Europe that they've migrated to.

I believe that Houston might be that hub for Muslims of Nigerian background.
I never met a Nigerian Muslim in the US funny enough:patrice:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
They get too much leeway in Europe. Allowed to take over entire neighborhoods and areas while enforcing their shytty controlling ways

In grad school I knew a few Europeans (Belgian) who said that the middle eastern men would spit at them if they ended up near their areas

It's OK to identify and have strong ties to your culture/religion but when you move to a different country you've gotta assimilate somewhat

Also lol at only refugees being allowed into Europe vs here. A lot of those Iranians were refugees who got money from the gov and rebranded themselves as "persian" in the states.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.