Why are Muslims more well integrated in the US than in Europe?

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Because the U.S. is separated from the Muslim world by an entire ocean and can be a lot more selective with the migrants it takes in, basically limiting it to college educated and high skilled workers. Meanwhile any dude fleeing war in his country can make it to Europe if he’s dedicated enough, let alone all of the refugees they’ve brought in legally.

My parents are from Pakistan. I recently met some British Pakistanis for the first time while traveling and was surprised by how different the diaspora is there. This British Pakistani girl said she wouldn’t have talked to me if I was British :mjlol:
Negged

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
All the Nigerians and Ghanaians I know are Muslim
I'm Nigerian and my family and virtually every Nigerian and Ghanaian I know are Christians. That's interesting to see that you only know Muslims. I only met Muslim Nigerians for the first time when I visited there in 2021. My dad says that Nigerian Muslims prefer the Middle East and North Africa when immigrating outside the country Nigerian Christians prefer the West

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Anyone can be an American, but in those European countries, unless you're ethnically Swedish, for instance, they'll never view you as a real Swede.
There's a comment in the og thread where there was a Slovenian or Slovakian actress who's half Black appeared in a commercial in their country celebrating their culture by speaking the language and dress in traditional clothes and she received hate comments saying that she wasn’t a real member of that nation and that she should go back where she came from.

European racism is something else

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Because the U.S. is separated from the Muslim world by an entire ocean and can be a lot more selective with the migrants it takes in, basically limiting it to college educated and high skilled workers. Meanwhile any dude fleeing war in his country can make it to Europe if he’s dedicated enough, let alone all of the refugees they’ve brought in legally.

My parents are from Pakistan. I recently met some British Pakistanis for the first time while traveling and was surprised by how different the diaspora is there. This British Pakistani girl said she wouldn’t have talked to me if I was British :mjlol:

Yea that Euro dynamic is a different animal and taught me never look at the Diaspora of other countries via the USA Diaspora lens. Even knowing how selective USA immigration is there are still bias we hold based on "what we know"

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hakeem Olajuwon is Yoruba and Muslim. In fact Islam is pretty common among the Yoruba. About half or more of the Yoruba are Muslim.

To answer OPs question I think it is because Islam has been in the USA for a very long time.

yeah I was finna say a ton of Yoruba cats are muslim lol

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The US is an immigrant country

Immigrants' kids in the US loose their parents culture: language, religion, etc..

Now the immigrants' kids' kids' are full blooded americans who prolly already mixed with someone outside they race, n they will just say they 50% black, latino, arabs, asian or whatever and 50% of other bunch of races

Now in Europe: africans and middle easterns stick to their own and form their own communites cuz they dont have the same opportunities as the europeans and the white european not as openly racist as a redneck, still wanna keep their whiteness, this is cuz european mixing is cool between them but not with non-whites

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Europeans complain about Arab migrants as much as Americans complain about Hispanic migrants.

European politics are now shaped by immigration policies, hence why all the European governments that just won elections were all practically fascist right wing nazi type parties, from Scandinavia to Italy to Holland etc.
The Europeans have made it abundantly clear they're no longer open to immigrants.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Back in the day, Jamaicans in New York, Miami and Toronto were perceived as high achieving, academic, upwardly mobile group. The same Jamaicans in the UK were seen as violent, drug dealing gangsters.

I'm not sure if the same stereotypes persist today