Why did a promising young rapper take his own life???? Great read.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Sorry if this has been posted before. Great read about the life and untimely demise of Pro Era's Capital STEEZ. I'm not all that familiar with his work but this was really interesting and sad to read.

Full story: http://www.thefader.com/2013/11/26/capital-steez-king-capital/

Random quotes:
Dewar left no note other than a terse last message he blasted out to his friends and fans on Twitter, one minute before midnight: “The end.” He jumped into the cold December night just moments later.

As his views became more militant, in person and on Facebook, Steez seemed to relish in his role as an iconoclast. Friends from high school say Steez had always been committed to the idea of the truth, and that as he grew into himself, he decided that being an artist meant an absolute commitment to one’s principals, regardless of the social or financial consequences. In an interview with NYU’s student radio station, Steez spoke candidly of the importance of pineal glands, the fact that he was still a virgin (“I promote that”), and the development of his political beliefs (“Basically it was a time in my life where I thought I was going crazy. I realized that I wasn’t the one that was…it’s the system that’s built against me, you know?”). His words reveal a young man who was starting to feel let down by the world as he began to deal with adult life and its pressures: “Nothing in the outside world seems to make me happy,” he admitted on the air. “It’s just the simple things, just seeing a bee take pollen from a flower. It’s like, that’s life, you know? And to a three-year-old child, that’s still life. But the thing is, as you grow, this world makes you take your eye off of things like that.”

That night, Pro Era had a party at the Stussy store in SoHo to celebrate the mixtape’s release, but Tamara says Steez didn’t even want to go until some of the Pros came in a car and picked him up. The event was jam-packed, but according to someone who was there, Steez’ mood never brightened. He blew up when someone asked him to sign a T-shirt and no one brought him a Sharpie. A couple of videos from the event show Steez looking completely dazed, slurring his words, eyes half-closed.

The next night, Steez and the group were at Premier Studios, the studio Cinematic was using in Midtown. One of the people present, who has asked to remain anonymous, says that Steez told some of the Pros that he was thinking of killing himself by jumping off the building where Cinematic had its offices. A handful of Pros tried to talk him out of it. “Nothing was working, says Sanchez. “Nothing. It was like too late. He made up his mind already.”

I anticipate the obvious "no respect for those who commit suicide" and thats cool...but this guy was clearly struggling with some mental issues and its easier to say these things than to actually experience them.

Shame to see this kid spiral downward like this...from what i've heard, he seemed to be alot better (or just more varied) than Joey Badass.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad but we're all struggling with mental issues in some way, it's part of being human.

I don't know, the idea of someone being that depressed is sad, but at the same time I feel like it's so crazy to be a musician and to kill yourself, I just don't understand it because people like him and Kurt Cobain I think had these ideas of politics and such and they completely obsess over them until they're ruined by them.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
he didnt kill himself :snoop:

just like alori joh didnt kill herself :snoop:

if you want to make it in the music industry you have to make a deal with the devil and make a sacrifice. thats what joey did and thats what kendrick did.

if you think you can make it in this industry on your own you are clueless about life.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
he didnt kill himself :snoop:

just like alori joh didnt kill herself :snoop:

if you want to make it in the music industry you have to make a deal with the devil and make a sacrifice. thats what joey did and thats what kendrick did.

if you think you can make it in this industry on your own you are clueless about life.
But STEEZ is the Baphomet, breh

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jamal Dewar was a huge advocate of spiritualism and the realms of nature. He also believed the world was going to end in 2047. He believed that dying isn’t the end in his case, and that he will be resurrected in 2047 as a god. He thought that he was destined to be a catalyst for change on earth and that the body he was in wasn’t his “true form”, so he took his life to become his true self. Baphomet = Prophet of God.

Jamal died on 12/23/12. If you add those numbers up you get the number 47. Again, he believed that doomsday will occur in 2047, and that he will resurrect as a god in that year. This number is seen in many different ways throughout his music.

5zlc2h.png

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
also. there was no body found. so i doubt hes dead. just like alori johs body was never found. the illuminati snatched them.
it says that his body was found in the street clutching a bible to his chest :manny:

they had a closed casket and apparently only showed his family pictures of how he looked :upsetfavre:

at times i want to believe the conspiracy theory...but if you look at STEEZ..you can see he is a little off.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yo moms

drunk
Daps
it says that his body was found in the street clutching a bible to his chest :manny:

they had a closed casket and apparently only showed his family pictures of how he looked :upsetfavre:

at times i want to believe the conspiracy theory...but if you look at STEEZ..you can see he is a little off.

Dude wasnt off at all. He just believed in different things. He was the perfect one to sacrifice because you retards would eat it up because he's "different". :snoop:

And of course they had a closed casket. Nobody in New York saw his body. Nobody even knew he died. Just like Alori joh jumping off a building and never being seen again.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Dude wasnt off at all. He just believed in different things. He was the perfect one to sacrifice because you retards would eat it up because he's "different". :snoop:

And of course they had a closed casket. Nobody in New York saw his body. Nobody even knew he died. Just like Alori joh jumping off a building and never being seen again.
nah i dont mean like that though..yeah he's different but he didnt seem too "out there" but the look in his eye was off. he looked like a tormented soul who could easily be skitzo.

does that make him a better choice? yes...but its not easy to just buy that story.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
nah i dont mean like that though..yeah he's different but he didnt seem too "out there" but the look in his eye was off. he looked like a tormented soul who could easily be skitzo.

does that make him a better choice? yes...but its not easy to just buy that story.

Explain why Alori joh jumped off a building and was never saw again? She was perfectly happy. Where was her body? Why was it never found?