Why is the Christian God so misogynistic?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Ephesians 5:25
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

That's a much bigger ask imo

You ready to die for your wife breh? :sas1:

Hmm, I wonder if that love is to be extended to the rape victim who is forced to marry her rapist...?

Deuteronomy 22
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

:sas2:

#Chilling

#metoo

challa

Rookie
Daps
  • God had female prophets
  • Has described himself as a protector or judge of widows
  • Condemned certain male jews By means of Jesus, for divorcing their wifes.
  • Gods law for the Israelites stated that any man that raped a women should be killed.
:camby:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm, I wonder if that love is to be extended to the rape victim who is forced to marry her rapist...?

Deuteronomy 22
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

:sas2:

#Chilling

#metoo

You just got finished watching a YouTube video?

Don't lie.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Paul isn't God, and Paul always prefaces his views on marriage by saying "these are just my personal views"

Paul is very anti-marriage for one, which is not in-line with Christian theology

:what:

I quoted quotes.

I know that was toward the OP. My bad.

Having all women being forced to be "ruled over" by men is, literally, the definition of misogyny.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genesis 3:16 16To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

That isn’t a quote from the Christian god (iesus/hey-zeus/Jesus). You just quoted YHWH, which who Christians do not worship

That is God dealing with Hebrews only

Proof?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
  • Gods law for the Israelites stated that any man that raped a women should be killed.
:camby:

Well, ya know, except for this:

Deuteronomy 22

:picard: