Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
What does that have to do with anything?

It means they bring some sort of credibility. You’re discounting them like they’re Stetson. Or Jacksonville.

And your reasoning for the SEC being balls deep into Florida.. what does that even mean? Florida produces the best high school football talent in the country. SEC is the totem pole for college football right now. So I’m confused what you meant.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
It means they bring some sort of credibility. You’re discounting them like they’re Stetson. Or Jacksonville.

And your reasoning for the SEC being balls deep into Florida.. what does that even mean? Florida produces the best high school football talent in the country. SEC is the totem pole for college football right now. So I’m confused what you meant.

My point is...tbey bring nothing that the University of Florida doesn't cover. What market will they expose the SEC too? Central Florida, where UCF is at, is already a big Gator contingent as it is. Also...what does UCF bring as far as OTHER sports?

Yall looking at it as STRICTLY on the field football stuff when yall know damn well it's deeper than that. Come on now. Oklahoma makes more sense to the SEC than UCF

Also add UCF...then what other team will you add to even the conference out?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I say those two because they're P5 conferences & the only ones that make sense geographically.

With them going 13-0 last year, then tearing Auburn a new a$$hole in the Peach Bowl, they put the country on notice. With Scott Frost jetting back home to Nebraska, everyone thought they'd take a step back, but NOPE! The iron is still blazing hot & they're hitting it with Ray Mercer hooks. Let's look at their program shall we?

-One of the best teams in the nation
-RABID fan support, UCF is the largest school in the nation & the students/Central Florida seriously supports them, the stadium is rocking every game day, even down in Miami I'm starting to see a lot of UCF gear around town
-UCF is actually turning into a MONSTER at recruiting, they're legitimately nabbing 3/4 star recruits from bigger name schools, in a few years when the success sustains they'll be recruiting monsters.
-Back to the recruiting part. Part of why UCF is so good is because they're in Florida. We produce football players like Wisconsin produces cheese & milk. Good coaching, combined with the fact that our 2/low level 3 star players shyt on entire regions is the reason for UCF's recent success. If UCF gets into consistent 4/5 star recruiting territory, they could be the next Bama/UGA.

With that being said what would happen if they made the move?

-They played Maryland (B1G) and Auburn (SEC) last year & stunted on both
-They played Pittsburgh (ACC) last month and shytted on them

So what yall think?:lupe:Should they make the move?

man the american top to bottom is stronger than the acc at this moment

south florida beat georgia tech
houston beat arizona
cincy beat ucla
ucf beat pitt
temple beat maryland

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
It wouldn’t make sense for the SEC or the ACC to do this.

-UCF doesn’t add a market that the University of Miami (ACC), Florida State (ACC), University of Florida (SEC) doesn’t already tap into. So there’s no reason to split an extra 20 million a year ( ACC Tv deal) or even an extra 40 million (SEC tv deal) in revenue for a school that won’t increase Tv audiences.

-If the ACC or SEC adds UCF they would either have to add another school (For balance reasons) or get rid of another school ( For balance reasons). So these schools would have to split more money ( by adding) or pay a huge penalty ( to the school they kick out). Doesn’t seem worth it for a school that’s not adding much.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

-UCF doesn’t add a market that the University of Miami (ACC), Florida State (ACC), University of Florida (SEC) doesn’t already tap into. So there’s no reason to split an extra 20 million a year ( ACC Tv deal) or even an extra 40 million (SEC tv deal) in revenue for a school that won’t increase Tv audiences.

-If the ACC or SEC adds UCF they would either have to add another school (For balance reasons) or get rid of another school ( For balance reasons). So these schools would have to split more money ( by adding) or pay a huge penalty ( to the school they kick out). Doesn’t seem worth it for a school that’s not adding much.

Dont tell them that tho. UCF have had a couple of nice seasons recently so the they should be in a power 5 :snoop:. Bet they cant even name 5 peeps on UCF or named 5 ranked opponents they've faced the last 2 years

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC

ACC can get rid of Boston College I swear I wouldn’t care

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You are asking the wrong question: Would the ACC or SEC take them:

As it stands I don’t see why. It doesn’t increase the TV market for either.

UF, FSU and UM would raise holy hell.

Doubtful unless they are paired with someone that can get them in. See Missouri and Texas A&M with the SEC.....

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
My point is...tbey bring nothing that the University of Florida doesn't cover. What market will they expose the SEC too? Central Florida, where UCF is at, is already a big Gator contingent as it is. Also...what does UCF bring as far as OTHER sports?

Yall looking at it as STRICTLY on the field football stuff when yall know damn well it's deeper than that. Come on now. Oklahoma makes more sense to the SEC than UCF

Also add UCF...then what other team will you add to even the conference out?

Never once did i say that UCF to the SEC would be a better idea than Oklahoma. I simply said the SEC could get away with adding a UCF. And yea, there’s more sports out there. But you and I both know football will always reign top dog in money earnings. Their basketball isn’t bad and their baseball is decent too. Not sure why you’re shytting on UCF so hard. They’ve helped keep the state of Florida relevant while your gators have been shytting the bed.

Dont tell them that tho. UCF have had a couple of nice seasons recently so the they should be in a power 5 :snoop:. Bet they cant even name 5 peeps on UCF or named 5 ranked opponents they've faced the last 2 years

A couple of nice seasons? They sell tickets. They’re fun to watch. They win. They take down top dogs when they get the opportunity. Ain’t nobody claiming them like they got next.. but you’re making them sound like they’re the Jacksonville Dolphins.

This feels similar to the UH to the Big 12 argument. Miami, FSU, aren't letting them in the ACC. It doesn't benefit them at all.

UH has never won like UCF has done these past 6-8 years. Ever. But I see your point.