Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ain’t that how it starts? They need the ‘ifs’ to ring true. And if most of the ‘ifs’ DO, then they might be onto something. :yeshrug:
No offense but you been way off base this entire thread :manny:

His argument went from them being a top tier program to they can be "if" these things are in place...........................can't be both

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
No offense but you been way off base this entire thread :manny:

His argument went from them being a top tier program to they can be "if" these things are in place...........................can't be both

Thread title reads 'Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?' I mean.. what other conference could they join? The Pac12? logistically that makes no sense. The Big12? I mean.. I guess that could work.. but that leagues on the verge of folding any day now. So it'll HAVE to be the ACC or SEC :yeshrug:

Dudes on here are making sense with their respective arguments, but you gotta have an open mind. They're gonna go SOMEWHERE. Especially if they keep on winning, and taking down a powerhouse once or twice a year. The Boise comparison is a lazy one. Boise had elite coaching with mediocre talent. UCF has had pretty damn good coaching with a lot better talent. It just feels like FSU, UF, and Miami fans are the main ones against this possible move. And I get that too. But these kids can make some noise. That's all I'm saying. I feel like if UCF gets a call to the big leagues.. its gonna HAVE to be either the ACC or SEC. :manny:

They'll make it work one way or another.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:jbhmm:

I guess. Joining the Big 12 seems like a logistical nightmare though, idk how WVU does it

Because they are dumb, and must have got more money to join the big 12

I'd bet money they'd spank the Gators right now

Probably could, but can they do it year in and out, obviously joining a bigger conference will help

man the american top to bottom is stronger than the acc at this moment

south florida beat georgia tech
houston beat arizona
cincy beat ucla
ucf beat pitt
temple beat maryland

:comeon:

If you think that Boise State would ever be able to pull in talent like UCF can, then I don’t know what to tell you. And Boise fell off the second Peterson bailed. UCF can sustain decent success. Unlike Boise. Unlike Houston. Etc.

If H-Town ever got in the big 12 it be over for a lot of fringe programs, (not named Texas and Oklahoma) and a lot harder for for the big dogs to get consistent talent,

The way i see it, all UCF would need is a shot, because if they joined the acc their credibility instantly jumps up a lot, and they can afford to compete now, and they don’t have the stigma of no real path to the playoffs or lack of competition

It’s a lot of ACC/SEC teams sliding by on they just happened to be in the conference in the old days, but realistically have not fielded a decent team in years/decades, i get it some teams have their place (basketball, GPA boosters, etc)

Also with such a large student/alumni base they can compete fiscally as well

a lot of the blue bloods won’t want it, because now they have to slug it out for Florida talent with a 4th competitor and that’s another mouth to split the pot with

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Thread title reads 'Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?' I mean.. what other conference could they join? The Pac12? logistically that makes no sense. The Big12? I mean.. I guess that could work.. but that leagues on the verge of folding any day now. So it'll HAVE to be the ACC or SEC :yeshrug:

Dudes on here are making sense with their respective arguments, but you gotta have an open mind. They're gonna go SOMEWHERE. Especially if they keep on winning, and taking down a powerhouse once or twice a year. The Boise comparison is a lazy one. Boise had elite coaching with mediocre talent. UCF has had pretty damn good coaching with a lot better talent. It just feels like FSU, UF, and Miami fans are the main ones against this possible move. And I get that too. But these kids can make some noise. That's all I'm saying. I feel like if UCF gets a call to the big leagues.. its gonna HAVE to be either the ACC or SEC. :manny:

They'll make it work one way or another.
Why are they going somewhere? Because they are winning games?

You are looking at this wrong. The Power 5 are cartels in the sports business sense. Meaning they limit access to their collective. Knowing that what factors does UCF have that would cause them to grant access?

TV audience and reach? Nope
Substantial revenue generation? Nope
Increase the conference profile? Nope

So if they don't bring those things why would a conference say welcome in and take a share of revenue that you aren't adding to? It's always business.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
The way i see it, all UCF would need is a shot, because if they joined the acc their credibility instantly jumps up a lot, and they can afford to compete now, and they don’t have the stigma of no real path to the playoffs or lack of competition

It’s a lot of ACC/SEC teams sliding by on they just happened to be in the conference in the old days, but realistically have not fielded a decent team in years/decades, i get it some teams have their place (basketball, GPA boosters, etc)

Also with such a large student/alumni base they can compete fiscally as well

a lot of the blue bloods won’t want it, because now they have to slug it out for Florida talent with a 4th competitor and that’s another mouth to split the pot with

This.. all of this is what I was the point I was trying to make. Imagine these dudes going undefeated for (lets just say) 4 straight years, with 4 bowl wins over powerhouse teams, and STILL not even being thought of for the playoff. :stopitslime:

Imagine that.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Big difference between a school in Idaho and the biggest University in the state of Florida (in one of the highest rated growing cities in the US).

As a matter of fact, UCF is the biggest college in the entire country.

They were always going to have a top tier football program. Just a matter of time.
:leon: UCF Undergraduate enrollment: 54,091 (2015–16)

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
the American conference is dope.

none of those teams are gonna run the table repeatedly.

no one team is gonna be consistently dominant enough to bounce. nobody is leaving until they get raided in the next conference re-alignment era.