Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My point is...tbey bring nothing that the University of Florida doesn't cover. What market will they expose the SEC too? Central Florida, where UCF is at, is already a big Gator contingent as it is. Also...what does UCF bring as far as OTHER sports?

Yall looking at it as STRICTLY on the field football stuff when yall know damn well it's deeper than that. Come on now. Oklahoma makes more sense to the SEC than UCF

Also add UCF...then what other team will you add to even the conference out?
You smart

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Yo
In terms of academics, Florida and Miami are MILES ahead of every other Florida school.

In terms of athletics (all sports, not just football), Florida/Miami/FSU are way ahead of every other Florida school.

They bring nothing to either conference.

You wanna know what they bring? Money.

They’re the BIGGEST public university in the country and they travel well.

Brand new on campus stadium. Good basketball program. Damn good baseball program.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yo

You wanna know what they bring? Money.

They’re the BIGGEST public university in the country and they travel well.

Brand new on campus stadium. Good basketball program. Damn good baseball program.
Travel to what away games? That money isn’t moving a single needle in a Power 5 conference.

Do the math additional teams means more splitting of revenue. UCF on its on isn’t motivation anyone in the SEC or ACC to welcome them in on their own.

You are looking at this way to small scale.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
ACC can get rid of Boston College I swear I wouldn’t care

Again, Boston college is the only name brand in the New England area. That includes Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. That’s a lot to give up for minimal return of a UCF.

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
In terms of academics, Florida and Miami are MILES ahead of every other Florida school.

In terms of athletics (all sports, not just football), Florida/Miami/FSU are way ahead of every other Florida school.

They bring nothing to either conference.

Travel to what away games? That money isn’t moving a single needle in a Power 5 conference.

Do the math additional teams means more splitting of revenue. UCF on its on isn’t motivation anyone in the SEC or ACC to welcome them in on their own.

You are looking at this way to small scale.

Exactly. I don't even understand why this needs to be explained

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
since they already subjugated us, they might as well trade for our spot straight up if they bout it bout it :smugfavre:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wouldn’t make sense for the SEC or the ACC to do this.

-UCF doesn’t add a market that the University of Miami (ACC), Florida State (ACC), University of Florida (SEC) doesn’t already tap into. So there’s no reason to split an extra 20 million a year ( ACC Tv deal) or even an extra 40 million (SEC tv deal) in revenue for a school that won’t increase Tv audiences.

-If the ACC or SEC adds UCF they would either have to add another school (For balance reasons) or get rid of another school ( For balance reasons). So these schools would have to split more money ( by adding) or pay a huge penalty ( to the school they kick out). Doesn’t seem worth it for a school that’s not adding much.
@Trust Me can you dispute any of this?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
@Trust Me can you dispute any of this?

The only thing that I can dispute is that UF is recognized as more Northern Florida. Miami is obviously south Florida. UCF is in the heart of Central Florida.

Obviously if the league were to add another team or two, the numbers would get reworked. So acting like the new schools would take a piece of the current pie sounds unrealistic to me. But I’m not 100% sure about that.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Boise State sold tickets too when they were good.

If you think that Boise State would ever be able to pull in talent like UCF can, then I don’t know what to tell you. And Boise fell off the second Peterson bailed. UCF can sustain decent success. Unlike Boise. Unlike Houston. Etc.