Will UCF ever leave for the SEC/ACC?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The only thing that I can dispute is that UF is recognized as more Northern Florida. Miami is obviously south Florida. UCF is in the heart of Central Florida.

Obviously if the league were to add another team or two, the numbers would get reworked. So acting like the new schools would take a piece of the current pie sounds unrealistic to me. But I’m not 100% sure about that.

The deal wouldn’t be reworked to get them all the same cut. The networks aren’t going for that in the current landscape.

There is zero reason for any of the Power 5 to expand right now unless one of them collapses and it’s a race to absorb another current Power 5 team.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
It wouldn’t make sense for the SEC or the ACC to do this.

-UCF doesn’t add a market that the University of Miami (ACC), Florida State (ACC), University of Florida (SEC) doesn’t already tap into. So there’s no reason to split an extra 20 million a year ( ACC Tv deal) or even an extra 40 million (SEC tv deal) in revenue for a school that won’t increase Tv audiences.

-If the ACC or SEC adds UCF they would either have to add another school (For balance reasons) or get rid of another school ( For balance reasons). So these schools would have to split more money ( by adding) or pay a huge penalty ( to the school they kick out). Doesn’t seem worth it for a school that’s not adding much.
Correct answer. It's similar to UH in the big 12 and why Texas, Tech, and OU doesn't care for TCU in the big 12 now considering they already had the DFW market.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
And they were recognized national champs last year. You're either a troll or a fukking idiot that don't know shyt about sports

By themselves and the Colley Matrix, and their past National Champions have included the 2012 Notre Dame team and 2016 Alabama, both of whom lost their National Championship Game.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Based off what? They barely beat Auburn and played nobody else worth a snot last year. They're best wins all last year were by 7 points or less. Clemson woulda mauled them
There’s nobody worth of snot in the ACC for the past 2 years

They would be very competitive against Clemson this year and last

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Miami is up there with all of them in academics. People forget UM is an elite private school.

Florida will veto UFC in the SEC, the good academic schools in the ACC probably don't want to rock with them. UCF basketball is also trash.

ACC fukked up not taking West VA IMO. I know their academics are spotty, but that was the same argument made against FSU before they joined.

They still have Notre Dame who they are holding that door open on to be come the 16th and Final ACC full time member.

USF or Central Florida need to be in a P5 or just let the AAC become the 6th Power Conference.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Let's see if they can sustain it for a decade. Reminds me of Boise.

People don't realize how tough it is to play elite competition week in and week out.

How it destroys your team physically.

Yeah they have the talent to compete with good teams with weeks to prepare.

Would they be able to play Alabama, Georgia and Florida all in the same season? Do they have the depth for that?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Let's see if they can sustain it for a decade. Reminds me of Boise.
Big difference between a school in Idaho and the biggest University in the state of Florida (in one of the highest rated growing cities in the US).

As a matter of fact, UCF is the biggest college in the entire country.

They were always going to have a top tier football program. Just a matter of time.

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
As a Miami fan, I'd love to have them in the ACC. Mainly to have another rival. FSU is the only conference game that I get excited for.

However, UF, FSU, and Miami don't want to add them to their conferences. They have no reason to.

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Big difference between a school in Idaho and the biggest University in the state of Florida (in one of the highest rated growing cities in the US).

As a matter of fact, UCF is the biggest college in the entire country.

They were always going to have a top tier football program. Just a matter of time.

Thing is...they dont have a top tier football.program. they just two yesrs removed from a 0-13 and 6-7 season. Gotta put things into perspevtive.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Thing is...they dont have a top tier football.program. they just two yesrs removed from a 0-13 and 6-7 season. Gotta put things into perspevtive.
When you look at the history of their program, especially the last decade, that winless season is obviously an anomaly that was IMMEDIATELY corrected by a new coach. That's the real perspective. As long as there's a good coach in Orlando they're going to win a lot of football games. The issue for them will remain that without Power Conference TV money, they won't be able to keep a good coach there long term. That's the only thing that will keep them from being an elite program. If they ever get a Petersen situation, a great coach who loves it there and wants to stay for a decade, they'll be doing big things year after year, beating better teams than Boise did/does in bowl games.