With Vince not in the picture, what is Tony Khan/AEW's gimmick???

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
AEW was built on the idea of being very anti-WWE, anti-Vince, catering everything directly to the fans and such, but with no Vince in the fold, and HHH basically attempting to un-do a lot of the Vince disasters, what exactly is Tony Khan's motivation for AEW?? What is their calling card right now? The backbone of AEW was being pretty anti-establishment, but there is no establishment right now, and Tony Khan has often come across as Vince himself.

:whoo::whoo::whoo:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Still the same. The Stan’s will pretend WWE is still bad, and convince themselves they hate it.

It’s already happening. They’re turning on their own (people like JDfromNY) and complaining that he’s turned into an “E drone”

These people are sick, and Tony will capitalize off their mental health

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Still the same. The Stan’s will pretend WWE is still bad, and convince themselves they hate it.

It’s already happening. They’re turning on their own (people like JD) and complaining that he’s turned into an “E drone”

Embarrassing

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I don't think they were ever supposed to be anti-establishment or anti WWE, that was something cooked up in the minds of in the bubble wrestling fans. If anything it was supposed to be an "alternative" and since H is trying to book to the same smark crowd now we'll see how that changes.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
I think with respect to what I think OP is talking about, I'd hope they would get rid of that stupid looking "brass ring" in the Face of the Revolution match and other unnecessary cheap shots.

Daps
Reppin
LDN

It’s already happening. They’re turning on their own (people like JDfromNY) and complaining that he’s turned into an “E drone

TSC has become mostly angry E drones that circle jerk hatewatching AEW, Reddit continues to dwarf this site's conversations, this place clearly isn't shyt for actual relevant conversation anymore.
:sas2:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I don't think they were ever supposed to be anti-establishment or anti WWE, that was something cooked up in the minds of in the bubble wrestling fans. If anything it was supposed to be an "alternative" and since H is trying to book to the same smark crowd now we'll see how that changes.
Yeah nah....Cody smashing the throne, "we aren't going to hire a bunch of WWE guys", the constant comparison in interviews by everybody "Elite"

There was a clear "us vs. them" Trumpian style banner that was waived, whether or not it was good for marketing etc is a different convo. We can't rewrite history now just because Vince got horny