With Vince not in the picture, what is Tony Khan/AEW's gimmick???

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Y’all really get on Dean Malenko’s internet and lie

AEW was on some fukk the opps shyt from day one. Tony is on record saying he was literally trying to recreate the war like atmosphere that existed with WCW and WWF…

Don’t play that “something the marks made up” shyt now

:pachaha:
You never quote people when you're talking directly to them. :scust:

Where the receipts? All I remember consistent talk about was being the alternative. The only time it was AEW vs. "WWE" was when NXT went up against AEW, and that was all because the E wanted to be petty fukks. Even then I don't consider it a war with the actual WWE since it was the step-child in Cokeboy's eyes and not handled like Raw//SD.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
They can still promote themselves as “anti-WWE.” They’ll still have fans who will watch them over WWE even if WWE is putting out a better product weekly.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
You never quote people when you're talking directly to them. :scust:

Where the receipts? All I remember consistent talk about was being the alternative. The only time it was AEW vs. "WWE" was when NXT went up against AEW, and that was all because the E wanted to be petty fukks. Even then I don't consider it a war with the actual WWE since it was the step-child in Cokeboy's eyes and not handled like Raw//SD.
I be on my phone at work when I’m on this site, most of the time…

It’s too complicated trying to copy and paste quotes and shyt, so whenever I’m replying to multiple people, I’ll just throw my reply into the thread. More than likely they’ll see it lol

But there’s the receipt you asked for. Straight from his mouth

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

It’s too complicated trying to copy and paste quotes and shyt, so whenever I’m replying to multiple people, I’ll just throw my reply into the thread. More than likely they’ll see it lol

But there’s the receipt you asked for. Straight from his mouth

He tweeted this in response to WWE adding an extra half hour to SD on FS1 to go head to head with Rampage.

The reality is the majority of "shots" at WWE from AEW's end are RESPONDING to something WWE said on wax, or did off wax (counter-programming shows against AEW).

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He tweeted this in response to WWE adding an extra half hour to SD on FS1 to go head to head with Rampage.

The reality is the majority of "shots" at WWE from AEW's end are RESPONDING to something WWE said on wax, or did off wax (counter-programming shows against AEW).
That doesn’t dispute him saying “well actually my business model is recreating the competitive atmosphere of WCW without repeating its mistakes”

Doesn’t matter what he’s responding to. It’s what he said. Lol..

And it’s not a bad thing. Nobody is saying homie is wrong for it. It’s the smartest thing he could have done. It’s a proven model. The old Burger King / McDonald’s model.. I would do the same shyt. Rather be AEW than just another promotion

But Pretending AEW has never been in the competitive business and acting like WWE is just some bully that’s forcing their hand is a wild ass narrative

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

You've been on here how long and "don't know" about the "reply to post" button? You can access it on the phone too. :usure:

There's No problem being competitive, but being self-competitive doesn't mean "literally trying to recreate a war-like atmosphere." I never saw any kind of "war" with WWE (excluding NXT). If anything, CAWdy was the one throwing the most shots. :mjlol:

Every fan with a brain knew/knows AEW was never gonna "compete" against them. I don't even see the point of this thread since AEW stays in its own lane and moved on past the E after they made NXT a legit developmental. :heh:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
That doesn’t dispute him saying “well actually my business model is recreating the competitive atmosphere of WCW without repeating its mistakes”

Doesn’t matter what he’s responding to. It’s what he said. Lol..

And it’s not a bad thing. Nobody is saying homie is wrong for it. It’s the smartest thing he could have done. It’s a proven model. The old Burger King / McDonald’s model.. I would do the same shyt. Rather be AEW than just another promotion

But Pretending AEW has never been in the competitive business and acting like WWE is just some bully that’s forcing their hand is a wild ass narrative

Not saying they haven't or shouldn't be competitive but that's not the topic at hand.

OP is talking about what "gimmick" AEW was supposedly built on - a tweet 2 years into AEW's existence in response to WWE programming against them isn't an indicator of what AEW was built on.

The reality of it is they weren't formed based on being anti-WWE at all. Over the years both sides have said things about the other but only one (WWE) has directly tried to put the other out of business.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Please tell me we're not on here complaining about someone wanting to create competition for WWE like WCW was, are we? Because last I looked, there have been quite a few people opining for the prime days of wrestling like during the Monday Night Wars. shyt a lot of us probably aren't even on TSC if not for them days.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The “Monday night wars” were only really good for 3 years. 96, 97 & 98. In 99 it was pretty clear WWF was way ahead and the wheels started falling off WCW. AEW had their little hype for 2019, 2020 & 2021. It’s 2022 now and WWE is just so far ahead, it is what it is. :yeshrug:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Y’all really get on Dean Malenko’s internet and lie

AEW was on some fukk the opps shyt from day one. Tony is on record saying he was literally trying to recreate the war like atmosphere that existed with WCW and WWF…

Don’t play that “something the marks made up” shyt now

:pachaha:

I’m not mad at it. Smart business model. Proven to work.. let’s not pretend it ain’t exist tho.

I can’t believe people are trying to deny this. AEW has only been around since like 2019 right? It’s not like they were created 40 years ago and we weren’t directly living it in real time, we literally have been watching it unfold from the start :laff: :dead:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Not saying they haven't or shouldn't be competitive but that's not the topic at hand.

OP is talking about what "gimmick" AEW was supposedly built on - a tweet 2 years into AEW's existence in response to WWE programming against them isn't an indicator of what AEW was built on.

The reality of it is they weren't formed based on being anti-WWE at all. Over the years both sides have said things about the other but only one (WWE) has directly tried to put the other out of business.
They were anti-NJPW if anything which is why Forbidden Door became a thing. I do wish Tony would stop tweeting dumb shyt and let these weirdos who want to fabricate a rivalry speak in their echo chamber by staying in his lane. The best response is a non response imho

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I can’t believe people are trying to deny this. AEW has only been around since like 2019 right? It’s not like they were created 40 years ago and we weren’t directly living it in real time, we literally have been watching it unfold from the start :laff: :dead:
If anything, the “war” started when the E decided to go up against them with NXT. That entire WNW was the only time there was any “rivalry.”