With Vince not in the picture, what is Tony Khan/AEW's gimmick???

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't think they were ever supposed to be anti-establishment or anti WWE, that was something cooked up in the minds of in the bubble wrestling fans. If anything it was supposed to be an "alternative" and since H is trying to book to the same smark crowd now we'll see how that changes.

Stop it :laff:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Yeah nah....Cody smashing the throne, "we aren't going to hire a bunch of WWE guys", the constant comparison in interviews by everybody "Elite"

There was a clear "us vs. them" Trumpian style banner that was waived, whether or not it was good for marketing etc is a different convo. We can't rewrite history now just because Vince got horny

Nah. The "us vs. them" started before AEW ever ran its first show. Haitch called them a "pissant company" on TV 2 months before CAWdy ever smashed the throne @ Double or Nothing.

The throne shyt is CAWdy being CAWdy and that was his gimmick long before AEW ever started.. not to mention he's a self-admitted HHH mark.

Last edited:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
I don't think they were ever supposed to be anti-establishment or anti WWE, that was something cooked up in the minds of in the bubble wrestling fans. If anything it was supposed to be an "alternative" and since H is trying to book to the same smark crowd now we'll see how that changes.
They werent. Theyd make the occasional joke but a lot of that was Cody's shyt. The Young Bucks troll at times but didnt use that sledge hammer on the throne. The AEW/WWE beef is every bit as fabricated as the East Coast/West Coast beef of the mid 90's.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
WWE hate train is gonna be crazy but it has to come

The love fest right now is overwhelming, naturally a correction will happen. You’ll start to see people build their online personas around trashing anything Triple H does similarly to what Max does to AEW. It’s inevitable…

AEW’s hate train was birthed as a direct reaction to their elitist cult-like fanbase and the love fest that surrounded that company. With everyone slobbing WWE down right now, even the dirt sheets - that storm is brewing. Trust me

Last edited:

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
AEW is the company where Tony Khan can hire people to be the friends that he never had in high school.

I still don't understand how AEW diehards have been so accepting of this shyt. A breh asked me "what's wrong with TK being an emotional man?" If he did that shyt to a woman it would be an unwanted sexual advance :heh:
Picture HHH hugging Kross in the ribs, with his eyes closed:skip:
With the way he books women I'm positive TK has some sick, deviant shyt going on that we'll find out when Dub folds.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Y’all really get on Dean Malenko’s internet and lie

AEW was on some fukk the opps shyt from day one. Tony is on record saying he was literally trying to recreate the war like atmosphere that existed with WCW and WWF…

Don’t play that “something the marks made up” shyt now

:pachaha:

I’m not mad at it. Smart business model. Proven to work.. let’s not pretend it ain’t exist tho.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
aew's gimmick is the david.v.goliath myth

frail playfighters running amuck

the crowds are the real star of the show

ha