You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
at this point, I don't think you even know what you're talking about cause what luthor said and what lois said are nothing alike....what's even more strange is that you go on to respond to your own statement with the logical answer....cause that's exactly why he cant be superman and love her...

The point is that Supes falling in line with Luthor which implies he cares for his mother certainly as much or even more than Lois.

And if your argument really is that he can't be Superman and love Lois Lane because of Lois' self-endangering antics, then I don't know what to tell you. That's just pure awfulness, especially since it's Lois who is forcing that burden onto him.:russ:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was stupid as shyt that batman stopped from killing supes cuz they mom has the same name. :comeon:Also that scene of all the justice League videos should have been an end credits scene.

That was not the only reason he stopped I believe. Didn't Flash warn him to save Martha too?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
The point is that Supes falling in line with Luthor which implies he cares for his mother certainly as much or even more than Lois.

And if your argument really is that he can't be Superman and love Lois Lane because of Lois' self-endangering antics, then I don't know what to tell you. That's just pure awfulness, especially since it's Lois who is forcing that burden onto him.:russ:
Superman didn't fall in line because he didn't initially fight Batman. He went to tell Batman that Lex has been playing them like a fool. Once Bats started throwing punches and gassing him up, Superman like "let me knock some sense into this dude so I can save my mom :stopitslime:"

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Superman didn't fall in line because he didn't initially fight Batman. He went to tell Batman that Lex has been playing them like a fool. Once Bats started throwing punches and gassing him up, Superman like "let me knock some sense into this dude so I can save my mom :stopitslime:"

Again, Supes shouldn't have given Lex even a second of his time after he threatened his mom. If kidnapping his moms is all anyone ever has to do to make Supes not wreck them, well, then geez.:francis:

Sure, not many people know about his mom or Lois for that matter but come on, dude was way too shook.:upsetfavre:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Again, Supes shouldn't have given Lex even a second of his time after he threatened his mom. If kidnapping his moms is all anyone ever has to do to make Supes not wreck them, well, then geez.:francis:

Sure, not many people know about his mom or Lois for that matter but come on, dude was way too shook.:upsetfavre:
It was more about telling Batman he was right about Lex than falling into Lexs trap is what I'm saying. Batman's the one who was doing exactly what Lex wanted.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@TheGodling I think your argument has merit but you're using the wrong scene. The scene that had me like :dahell: was her initial kidnapping. I'm sure she screamed during that so why didn't he hear that :patrice:
Nah, she didn't scream there, it happened so quick.

I can't even remember but my point is they're kinda inconsistent with it. I mean, we don't even know if he just hears the screams, we just assume it's super hearing. That in itself is a bit of the problem because they never explain how extensive his powers are or how far they reach.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I can't even remember but my point is they're kinda inconsistent with it. I mean, we don't even know if he just hears the screams, we just assume it's super hearing. That in itself is a bit of the problem because they never explain how extensive his powers are or how far they reach.
He hears what we hear but amplified. I don't know, it makes sense to me :yeshrug:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Wow, I loved it on first viewing and will see it again before the weekend is over hopefully:whoo:

Firstly, I think the reviews are way too harsh and I feel like people (mostly casuals) are going to go into this expecting a Marvel-type film (Fight after fight broken up by 3 minutes of talking and a bunch of comedic moments) and if they do, they will leave dissapointed. This is NOT that kind of film.

The things I did not like:

1)Lois fukking Lane is waaaaay too prominent in this film, both in terms of plot and screen time:why:. Why does such a useless character get so much attention? I hope she stays the fukk out of the solo Batman film:scust:

2) Lex Luther knew waaaay tooo fukking much without anything being explained:comeon: Dude knew Kryptonians were vulnerable to kryptonite before he got the knowledge from the ships archive:martin:

Dude knew who Superman was:martin:

Dude knew who Batman was:martin:

Dude was out there pulling strings like a fukking puppet-master all film:martin:

Only thing I liked about him was how he set up that explosion with the wheelchair:whoo: , had Supes like :wow: when that happened

3) Luther's assistant was fine as fukk to me:ohlawd: Why did she need to die so early?:beli:

The things I loved:

1) The fukking Batman/Bruce Wayne:wow:

Dude is fukking RUTHLESS as fukk:whoo:

Straight up breaking limbs/branding people/stabbing/catching bodies and not giving a fukk:whoo:

I know his use of guns and killing may put a lot of people off and Snyder definitely took a lot of liberties with his interpretation of Batman and I can respect that but I think I like it mainly because I have always struggled to believe how Batman can be so feared by criminals when everybody knows he doesn't kill......but in this, dude was the stuff nightmares are made of.:sadcam:

I hope he doesn't change and if he is this bad, imagine what the Joker will be like:wow:

2) The fight between Batman and Superman

I admit, this might be because I am a bit of a Batman stan:lolbron: but was nice to see him making good use of that prep time ( that training/prep montage was intense:whoo:).

When he started putting the beats on Superman:steviej:

Anybody else see the quick :whoa: moment from batman when the first Kryptonite bomb wore off though ?:mjlol: Lasted about a second but Bats definitely looked a bit scared there:mjlol:

3) Wonder Woman:banderas:

The chemistry between her and Bruce has so much potential:banderas:

She killed it in that Doomsday fight too. She really made that scene for me:whoo:

Questions I have:

Okay, it's obvious Superman won't stay dead and will come back but how will they explain Clark Kent coming back? How was it done in the Comics?

Was Lex talking about Darkseid at the end?

Do you think they'll expand on that first Flash cameo where he warns Batman about Superman?

When are we supposed to get that solo Batman film? I'm already tweaking for more:wtf:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
He hears what we hear but amplified. I don't know, it makes sense to me :yeshrug:

I know Superman's powers but in the comics they've changed them up along the years so I'm just not sure how extensive his powers are in this movie. I mean, the only time we even see him use his super hearing is when he eavesdrops on Bruce's convo with Alfred, but again, that doesn't really give us any idea how far that goes.