You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And then Lex had his little line about how a man's "special lady" is always their mother, so why the fukk isn't he always tracking her as well? If your excuse is that unlike dumb-ass Lois Lane she isn't constantly putting herself in situations where she's bound to die, then :mjlol:.
Probably not tracking his mom since she is just sitting on a farm in Kansas knitting sweaters and baking pies all day...what kind of trouble is she going to get into?
His girlfriend on the other hand is an investigative reporter who puts herself into dangerous situations on the regular so she needs monitoring.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Second watch, I think a key line from Kal is after the senate bombing :

"I didn't see it because I wasn't looking Lois"

MOS established that he either hears a buttload or he focuses on particular things (like the flashbacks or Zod mastering his senses). He didn't notice the bomb because he wasn't expecting a bombing, and he wasn't paying attention to Smallville because he didn't expect anyone to go after his mom.

After they gag his mom I don't see how he would find her, which is why he's trying to get Batman to help - the movie established that Clark knows Batman is getting outside help and lo and behold, it's Alfred who finds Martha.

So Superman's reaction to go to Bruce for help....was spot on and worked.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I wasn't really bothered by the editing (actually though it was edited/paced better than MOS) and amazingly I thought Lois had more agency in this movie. Also found the Lois/Clark relationship to be less of a problem than I anticipated. And I enjoyed the hell out of Larry Fishburne as Perry White.
Removing all of that stuff would have basically made this movie Batman guest starring Superman and Wonder Woman.

I don't remember how it was is MoS but Lois in BvS was only there to be saved. Its a kind of part of the Superman history but Superman saved her 3 times, gun, falling and drowning and that was too much imo. I enjoyed Perry White but he was poorly used, he could've agreed with Batman way of doing shyt or something that would upset Clark. We got 2-3 scens with Clark going "I wanna write about Batman" and Perry White saying "No" and I felt it would've been a great time to put some exposition about something relating to the story. After we had a scene with him saying "Where is Clark?", another scene with him saying "Is Clark still missing?", scene with him saying to Lois "Yes, the Daily Planet will pay for your flight", a scene of him reacting to a power outage and scene of time picking up a newspaper and reading it. Dude was just kinda there. Of course taking him out would've made the world less lived in but if you are going have those scenes in 2h31m Batman vs. Superman movie they have to matter in a story context.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How did Lois know to get the spear?

There was no fukking way she knew that was the weapon to hurt Doomsday

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
How did Lois know to get the spear?

There was no fukking way she knew that was the weapon to hurt Doomsday
Well she figured Doomday was Kryptonian because it had come from Zod's crashed ship and Supes was about to take the death blow from Bruce with it. That's why she got rid of it because it could hurt Clark. When she realized they could use it to kill Doomsday, she went back for it...

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
So are we going to get this Superman for a while. This picture immediately popped in my mind when they showed the Superman casket

o3kcti8xx5jwq36i04rp.jpg

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Second watch, I think a key line from Kal is after the senate bombing :

"I didn't see it because I wasn't looking Lois"

MOS established that he either hears a buttload or he focuses on particular things (like the flashbacks or Zod mastering his senses). He didn't notice the bomb because he wasn't expecting a bombing, and he wasn't paying attention to Smallville because he didn't expect anyone to go after his mom.

After they gag his mom I don't see how he would find her, which is why he's trying to get Batman to help - the movie established that Clark knows Batman is getting outside help and lo and behold, it's Alfred who finds Martha.

So Superman's reaction to go to Bruce for help....was spot on and worked.
preach my dude

n*ggaz want to bad to come up with any reason to hate

it's painfully obvious why he didn't hear ma kent

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Well. Superman didn't know where she was and this Superman isn't gonna take the risk.

I'll begin with this. So how can he find Lois in the amount of time it takes for her to fall from a roof? Halfway around the world? Trapped under rubble in the water? Either he can or can't do this shyt but when he goes from can to can't to can in the same few hour (his time) stretch it's too much to "believe".

My main thing is: the tone was soooo wrong. Bats and Super are sooo grimdark, morose, and downright mean. I own about 12 of the animated joints and from one creative team to the next you always get that "aww shyt Superman just showed up" and it feels like the "real" Superman even though different voice actors and animation styles. This dude looked like a version of Superman, but he never taps in to that Superman "It" quality. He was like a super powered do-boy. His orders never had weight.

Batman killing dudes to steal their stuff is just wrong. Batman. Killing dudes. To steal from them. THAT IS FUKCING JOKER/LEX/PENGUIN/BRAINIAC shyt. IT'S WHAT JOE CHILL DID TO HIS PARENTS. IT IS THE "REAL" BATMAN'S CORE MISSION IN LIFE TO ***STOP*** PEOPLE FROM DOING shyt LIKE THAT. So to me it just wasn't Batman.

I was sitting there not liking the movie. It has some cool fights but I never rooted for either one. Batman cause he was trying assassinate Super - and even in the comic Bats never tried to kill Super, just show him - and Super for just being an idiot and getting beat by a guy who is basically an insect to him. Like a tiny ass fruit fly.

It occured to me that this Batman and Superman might turn around and develop their morals because of all this grimdarkery. In the comics Bats and Super were straight up murdering for the first several years at least, then they developed into "boyscouts" that made me feel a bit better.. but.. me making up my own sequels in my head doesn't count for them making a good movie. I was sitting there bored and cringing at too much of it.

I give it three mics but two for the fights alone.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
:shaq2:

If you have seen the trailer. You have seen the best parts from the film

No suprise. No nothing.

Batman was like a 6th man during the Doomsday battle.
:mjlol:

Hans Zimmer killed the music was epic.

Overall was left underwhelmed.

StraxStrax

Daps
I'll begin with this. So how can he find Lois in the amount of time it takes for her to fall from a roof? Halfway around the world? Trapped under rubble in the water? Either he can or can't do this shyt but when he goes from can to can't to can in the same few hour (his time) stretch it's too much to "believe".

Like I've said Superman hearing a person he loves screaming in the same city isn't anything abnormal, for Superman not hear Lois drowning across the length of 2-3 football fields would've been like a cat owner not hearing his cat meow while in the owners lap. The Africa saving is me assuming Superman was shadowing her and I don't think that a Superhero making sure a loved one is safe when going to meet an alleged terrorist is a big reach. I didn't need to see a scene with them talking about him wanting to be close by when she meets the dude for the same reason I don't need to see a family cooking a meal before they eat because we can assume they cooked it.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Like I've said Superman hearing a person he loves screaming in the same city isn't anything abnormal, for Superman not hear Lois drowning across the length of 2-3 football fields would've been like a cat owner not hearing his cat meow while in the owners lap. The Africa saving is me assuming Superman was shadowing her and I don't think that a Superhero making sure a loved one is safe when going to meet an alleged terrorist is a big reach. I didn't need to see a scene with them talking about him wanting to be close by when she meets the dude for the same reason I don't need to see a family cooking a meal before they eat because we can assume they cooked it.

The "real" Superman would have been on that roof with Martha in his arms 5 seconds after Alexander said that shyt to him. Less than one second to find her and KO all the bad guys and 4 seconds to fly back cause he would need to make sure he didn't hurt her by moving too too fast.

Now if this is Earth 23 Superman who don't got it like the OG then maybe.

But I want Superman. Not Do-Boy-Roy Superman. Not Emo Superman.

Some kind of tidbit demonstrating what the diff was supposed to be would help.

StraxStrax

Daps
The "real" Superman would have been on that roof with Martha in his arms 5 seconds after Alexander said that shyt to him. Less than one second to find her and KO all the bad guys and 4 seconds to fly back cause he would need to make sure he didn't hurt her by moving too too fast.

Now if this is Earth 23 Superman who don't got it like the OG then maybe.

But I want Superman. Not Do-Boy-Roy Superman. Not Emo Superman.

Some kind of tidbit demonstrating what the diff was supposed to be would help.

I get what you are saying but unless you didn't see MoS there was no reason to expect the "real" Superman