You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Wow, I loved it on first viewing and will see it again before the weekend is over hopefully:whoo:

Firstly, I think the reviews are way too harsh and I feel like people (mostly casuals) are going to go into this expecting a Marvel-type film (Fight after fight broken up by 3 minutes of talking and a bunch of comedic moments) and if they do, they will leave dissapointed. This is NOT that kind of film.

The things I did not like:

1)Lois fukking Lane is waaaaay too prominent in this film, both in terms of plot and screen time:why:. Why does such a useless character get so much attention? I hope she stays the fukk out of the solo Batman film:scust:

2) Lex Luther knew waaaay tooo fukking much without anything being explained:comeon: Dude knew Kryptonians were vulnerable to kryptonite before he got the knowledge from the ships archive:martin:

Dude knew who Superman was:martin:

Dude knew who Batman was:martin:

Dude was out there pulling strings like a fukking puppet-master all film:martin:

Only thing I liked about him was how he set up that explosion with the wheelchair:whoo: , had Supes like :wow: when that happened

3) Luther's assistant was fine as fukk to me:ohlawd: Why did she need to die so early?:beli:

The things I loved:

1) The fukking Batman/Bruce Wayne:wow:

Dude is fukking RUTHLESS as fukk:whoo:

Straight up breaking limbs/branding people/stabbing/catching bodies and not giving a fukk:whoo:

I know his use of guns and killing may put a lot of people off and Snyder definitely took a lot of liberties with his interpretation of Batman and I can respect that but I think I like it mainly because I have always struggled to believe how Batman can be so feared by criminals when everybody knows he doesn't kill......but in this, dude was the stuff nightmares are made of.:sadcam:

I hope he doesn't change and if he is this bad, imagine what the Joker will be like:wow:

2) The fight between Batman and Superman

I admit, this might be because I am a bit of a Batman stan:lolbron: but was nice to see him making good use of that prep time ( that training/prep montage was intense:whoo:).

When he started putting the beats on Superman:steviej:

Anybody else see the quick :whoa: moment from batman when the first Kryptonite bomb wore off though ?:mjlol: Lasted about a second but Bats definitely looked a bit scared there:mjlol:

3) Wonder Woman:banderas:

The chemistry between her and Bruce has so much potential:banderas:

She killed it in that Doomsday fight too. She really made that scene for me:whoo:

Questions I have:

Okay, it's obvious Superman won't stay dead and will come back but how will they explain Clark Kent coming back? How was it done in the Comics?

Was Lex talking about Darkseid at the end?

Do you think they'll expand on that first Flash cameo where he warns Batman about Superman?

When are we supposed to get that solo Batman film? I'm already tweaking for more:wtf:
I have no idea how they'll do the Superman/Clark resurrection

Yeah, although it wasn't explained well, he was talking about Darkseid

I really REALLY hope so

2018 I think

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I know Superman's powers but in the comics they've changed them up along the years so I'm just not sure how extensive his powers are in this movie. I mean, the only time we even see him use his super hearing is when he eavesdrops on Bruce's convo with Alfred, but again, that doesn't really give us any idea how far that goes.
True :ehh:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I know Superman's powers but in the comics they've changed them up along the years so I'm just not sure how extensive his powers are in this movie. I mean, the only time we even see him use his super hearing is when he eavesdrops on Bruce's convo with Alfred, but again, that doesn't really give us any idea how far that goes.

He also used it hear Louis Lane when she was about to drown.

The dumb bytch:comeon:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Superman stays taking L's in his own damn universe jesus

Bout to start calling him Henry CaviLL

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its bloated, has strange pacing/editing and Lois Lane could be written out without missing much and same goes for the Daily Planet. Every Superhero casting is great but Eisenberg steals the show, fight scenes are really good and the music would be called iconic if it were in a better movie.

Solid 6 out of 10.
I wasn't really bothered by the editing (actually though it was edited/paced better than MOS) and amazingly I thought Lois had more agency in this movie. Also found the Lois/Clark relationship to be less of a problem than I anticipated. And I enjoyed the hell out of Larry Fishburne as Perry White.
Removing all of that stuff would have basically made this movie Batman guest starring Superman and Wonder Woman.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw it last night and here are my thoughts:
The Good:
I liked the script; you could see that Terrio was trying to say something about the realities of how the real world would react to having superheroes dropped in the middle of it. Most of the public's reactins rang true to me.

The movie looked amazing and the action was cool. This really did look like a graphic novel come to life in the big action set pieces.

The way Snyder fit in all of the other Justice League members was unobtrusive and had me nerding out. Was also pleasantly surprised that Joe Morton was cast as Cyborg's dad. All the fears about there being too many characters were unfounded.

The casting was a lesson in defying kneejerk low expectations. Gal Gadot was great and shined in all of her scenes which has me excited for her solo movie.
Eisenberg was giving extra "Eisenberginess" and while he wasn't my idea of what the perfect Lex Luthor would be he was good in the role especially as he got more and more deranged.
Ben Affleck was awesome and delivered a perfectly fine Bruce Wayne which I had no doubts about since most of the past actors cast in the role were also able to embody Wayne very well. It was as Batman that I think Affleck really worked for me. Most of the past movie Batmen were not very distinctive once they put on the cape and cowl and always felt like they were Bruce Wayne in disguise. Affleck was Batman first and Wayne was the real secret identity which is always how I prefer my Batman.

And amazingly I actually saw romantic chemistry between Lois and Clark which was not the best crafted relationship in MOS.

And the score was :blessed:...the WW/Doomsday theme especially had me ready to pick a fight in the movie theater it was so hyped.

The Bad:
I am kinda sick of mopey, self-doubting Superman. That character trait should have been left in MOS.

There was an awful lot of dream sequences/visions for one movie.

Wasn't a big fan of Doomsday...not his creation or his insertion into the movie. The Trinity vs Doomsday fight was fun but I am pretty :beli: on Doomsday the character.

As a longtime comic book/super-hero nerd I picked up on all of the stuff that we got in Batman's vision of the totalitarian future and I geeked out at the sight of that giant Omega symbol emblazoned on the ground, parademons flying all over the place and The Flash from the future showing up. But if you aren't a comic head that stuff went right over your head and probably confused the fukk out of you. A little bit more foreshadowing of Darkseid would have helped.
In the same vein, Luthor's ranting from his prison cell would have worked better if we had been shown him finding out about intergalactic threats like Apokolips and Brainiac while he had control of the Kryptonian ship. Because it felt like Lex knew a lot of really important details that weren't shared with the class.

Superman "dying" at the end was a clunky and unnecessary decision. We all know he isn't dead and all it does is create a situation where time will have to be wasted explaining his resurrection. And it effectively kills Clark Kent as a character which is not a smart move either because you can't have him just crawl out of his grave like it nothing after the funeral and open casket.

Final Verdict: an ambitious movie that I credit for its ambition even if it didn't reach its goals 100% of the time because the parts that were good were really, really good and for someone who has imagined seeing these characters on the big screen together for a very long time I found it to be a really enjoyable flick that sets up the next phase (the forming of the Justice League) pretty well.

Grade: B+