1 in 8 divorces is caused by student loans

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Correct me if im wrong but if you marry someone cause you love them, Like truly love them, i don't understand how debt can ever be a factor?
That is sad af and pathetic.

You can't love someone and dip over that. Truly pathetic. You got people who can't even feed themselves nor they kids still in love and fighting.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE STUDENT LOANS

IT WAS BECAUSE THEY KNEW THEY HAVE STUDENT LOANS, BUT PROBABLY CONTINUE TO LIVE OUTSIDE THEIR MEANS

That and student loans is the universal whipping boy of debt nowadays, and rightly so.

No matter how much money you make, damn near everyone has it and can relate :yeshrug:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
All debt isn't equal...so in my eyes marrying someone with heavy student debt is fine as long as there is a tangible plan. In the long run, they usually catch up pretty fast and end up doing well. As long as they keep making moves career wise...I'm cool with it. I know how the game is played.

Now heavy credit card debt is something altogether different

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Student loan debt can't be discharged with a bankrupcy. If you default on your loans it messes up your ability to buy with credit or get loans including car loans and mortgages.

And if you love someone why does any of that matter. For me so what if we cant get a car loan? or its difficult to get a mortgage? What happened to ride or die?

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then love them don't marry them.

Na that doesn't work for me either. Because if your suggesting not to marry them to avoid potential issues like these then i doubt you actually love them at all, id go as far as saying you dont love them. Your treating it more like a business arrangement if you have these things in the back of your mind

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Na that doesn't work for me either. Because if your suggesting not to marry them to avoid potential issues like these then i doubt you actually love them at all, id go as far as saying you dont love them. Your treating it more like a business arrangement if you have these things in the back of your mind
Facts. Ole what can we do for each other ass people.

Get your own fukking money and you aint got to marry that man or that woman:mjlol:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I forced my girl to pay off her student debt loan fast. Went over her finances and how she can get rid of that burden in under a 1 year and half. Never think it's your job to handle someone else's debt that wasn't created together, any moral person should feel guilty even putting you in that kind of position :francis:
If u ain't got debt before marriage... You'll probably run into it during marriage.... There's always gonna be something... That's just life... :manny:

What do you mean? Talking about mortgage? :patrice:

Last edited:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
And if you love someone why does any of that matter. For me so what if we cant get a car loan? or its difficult to get a mortgage? What happened to ride or die?

You must be joking? I feel you breh but that's not how life works.

What if you work remote, your car breaks down and that's your only reliable source of transportation? The brehette your dating is in heavy cc debt, and your ass still pay 400+ in student loans.

Plus your girl already pissed because y'all can't afford to have the children she been bothering you about since yeah was dating. Now you gon tell her that liberal arts degree ain't worth shyt but the 60k in debt it put u in :mjcry:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you get married you should live within your means and work off to pay the loans together. I thought that was one of the points of marriage, working together?

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I understand that, i dont care how much i love someone i'd never put up with things such as cheating etc. love can't cure blatant disrespect for me. But if i loved a women i would marry her regardless of whether she was 100,000 dollars or pounds in debt. If i loved someone money would never ever be make or break for me. I dont understand how people can be like ' I love you but the money just aint enough, we gonna have to wrap this shyt up...'

I take it you’ve never been married or ever been close to marriage

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is why you pull credit reports on both of you. So you know what you’re getting into. All that love talk is naivety and many of people who have been victims of suckarism will attest. How about love yourself and look out for your well being before you get played and end up miserable.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

:dahell: Do you live in a fukking fantasy world and shyt man??? Why do you keep mentioning this love shyt??? :mjlol: Love don't pay the fukking bills man... Debt is a heavy fukking burden... once you o-mingle accounts in the eyes of the law you responsible for it. shyt fukks up your credit, you gotta pay the bills heavily... Why the fukk you keep mentioning love for??? if she lying abut debt, who's to say she aint lying about something else?