1 in 8 divorces is caused by student loans

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Stop owing house payment amounts on student loans lol. I really hate how it’s easier to take out over a hundred thousand in student loans but you have to go through hell to get money for a home or a business. If you don’t think I can pay off a house shouldn’t you think the same about a student loan?

djkumbaya

Pro
Daps
student loan debt is a bad idea if youre not gonna be in a career making over 80K point blank

a lot of these people are stuggling cause they have private (non-subsidized) $50k loans with $500/month payments and only making 50k a year. factor in other bills, perhaps and car + insurance and you are DONE

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Stop owing house payment amounts on student loans lol. I really hate how it’s easier to take out over a hundred thousand in student loans but you have to go through hell to get money for a home or a business. If you don’t think I can pay off a house shouldn’t you think the same about a student loan?

Well most 18 year olds don't breh :francis:

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must be joking? I feel you breh but that's not how life works.

What if you work remote, your car breaks down and that's your only reliable source of transportation? The brehette your dating is in heavy cc debt, and your ass still pay 400+ in student loans.

Plus your girl already pissed because y'all can't afford to have the children she been bothering you about since yeah was dating. Now you gon tell her that liberal arts degree ain't worth shyt but the 60k in debt it put u in :mjcry:

None of that matters to me, i aint afraid of the struggle nikka. If a girl doesn't understand that and doesn't have the same attitude as me on this topic then believe she wont be my girl.......

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
None of that matters to me, i aint afraid of the struggle nikka. If a girl doesn't understand that and doesn't have the same attitude as me on this topic then believe she wont be my girl.......

For the record I actually agree with you. My wife and I have/are/will go through the struggle :manny:

But that doesn't mean most people will. It's just the way life is.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
All debt isn't equal...so in my eyes marrying someone with heavy student debt is fine as long as there is a tangible plan. In the long run, they usually catch up pretty fast and end up doing well. As long as they keep making moves career wise...I'm cool with it. I know how the game is played.

Now heavy credit card debt is something altogether different
Free college:umad:

I can't relate:wow:

Nvm. I quoted the wrong person:snoop:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake
That and student loans is the universal whipping boy of debt nowadays, and rightly so.

No matter how much money you make, damn near everyone has it and can relate :yeshrug:

TRUE...

i'm thinking these people never sat down and thought about how to eliminate their other debt first and only debt they would have to worried about was they student loans

problem is.... people have student loans, then go add on a mortgage that's probably expensive each month, other utilities, car payments and additional add on's to the house, trips, etc, etc

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
We don't need govt, Brehs: Cheedoh Adminstration set to cut $13 Billion from Student Loan Relief

Newman advises couples to consider a prenuptial agreement specifying that any money put toward that debt during a marriage would be credited back off the top of the marital assets.

(Prenups, which typically safeguard individual assets such as retirement accounts, real estate and investments, can also cover one partner's student loan or credit-card debt.)

That way, the person who is helping pay down the other person's debt would be reimbursed in the case of a split.

Women bout to hold marriage as collateral for them loans

Take a loan

Get married

Get divorce

Get the loan "discharged" on him :mjlol:

What usually happens is one of the people in the relationship hides the fact they have a huge debt or significantly low ball the amount.
Demand proof.

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: Do you live in a fukking fantasy world and shyt man??? Why do you keep mentioning this love shyt??? :mjlol: Love don't pay the fukking bills man... Debt is a heavy fukking burden... once you o-mingle accounts in the eyes of the law you responsible for it. shyt fukks up your credit, you gotta pay the bills heavily... Why the fukk you keep mentioning love for??? if she lying abut debt, who's to say she aint lying about something else?

Fam, no where in my comment did i say anything about a women who lied about debt. Im not talking about women who lie, I simply said money wouldn't be a factor FOR ME. Why you getting all crazy over my subjective opinion? This is how i feel fam. There is always gonna be bills to pay cuz, i'd rather be paying bills with a woman i love and who loves me regardless of our situation rather than be living a more comfortable life with a woman i love less, all the while knowing that if shyt went south for any reason she is gonna walk out on me most probably.

Last edited:

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's more to marriage than love. Marriage is a choice.

Yea i know that already, read my posts i never once said love is all that is to do with marriage, I just don't understand how if you truly loved someone, you'd let debt and money get in the way of that. Ride or die is a lie then? Why the hell do we say till death do us part? Rather its till death or financial instability do us part.

You choose the reasons you get married and you also choose the reasons why you would end a marriage. I choose to never make money a factor in either of those decisions.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
well i am marrying a woman who is in medical school and has about 180 thousand in debt right now but she will be a family practitioner and will have no problem paying it off so i'm still winning and styling on ya'll dudes as usual lol.