14 year old black child shot at for asking directions *He is alive* Attacker found GUILTY

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Update :

Post Nation
The man who shot at a teenager who’d knocked on his door for directions is found guilty

Alex Horton and
Eli Rosenberg
October 12 at 4:54 PM

Brennan Walker didn’t make the morning bus to school. He didn’t have his phone. And he wasn’t sure how to get to his high school.

Brennan needed help finding his way, and the home of Jeffrey Zeigler appeared to be just as good as any to seek neighborly guidance.

Zeigler answered with a shotgun blast.

Jurors on Tuesday watched video of the incident during Zeigler’s trial, which showed how close Brennan, then 14, may have come to a violent death on April 12 in Rochester Hills, Mich. On Friday, that jury found Zieger guilty of assault with intent to do great bodily harm, and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, according to the Detroit Metro Times. Ziegler is due back in court Nov. 13 for sentencing, and could face up to 12 years of prison time.

-----------------------

Man could face life sentence for allegedly shooting at black teen seeking directions

A lost Michigan teen who had missed his morning school bus and asked a retired firefighter’s wife for directions was sent running for his life after the husband allegedly fired a shotgun toward the student, law enforcement officials said.

It was minutes after 8 a.m. Thursday when 14-year-old Brennan Walker, already tardy for the day at Rochester High School, tried walking instead.

As he ventured through an unfamiliar neighborhood in a subdivision along South Christian Hills Drive in Rochester Hills, authorities said, he knocked on at least one other resident's front door seeking directions.

The first attempt failed, so Walker tried Jeff Ziegler's home, where the teen encountered Ziegler's wife.

"I knocked on her door a few times and she came down yelling at me before I could say anything and she thought I was trying to break into her house," Brennan Walker told ABC Detroit affiliate WXYZ-TV. "I was trying to explain to her that I wanted to get directions to go to my school. I told her, ‘No, I go to Rochester High; I’m just looking for directions to Rochester High.’"

A 911 call summoned Oakland County Sheriff's Office deputies to South Christian Drive in what was described as an attempted break-in.

"The caller reported that a black male was trying to break into her house and her husband chased him into the yard," according to the sheriff's incident report.

Soon after the woman failed to give the freshman directions, Jeff Ziegler appeared and then allegedly responded with a shotgun blast.

"I saw it,” the teen said of Ziegler’s shotgun. “I saw him holding it like this through the window and I guess I put my hand up. I don’t really remember. And I started to run. I looked back behind me; I saw him aiming at me and I turned back. I turned back and I heard the gunshot. And I tried to run faster."

Walker was not hit.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This story happened back in April breh.

I didn't see the date my bad :yeshrug:

Dudes were saying his moms should have given him a smart phone so he could call her or get directions from it.

Maybe in hindsight, but that is a little extreme to blame her for that. Clearly, he doesn't miss the bus that often.

I had to fight my mom for a Nokia brick at 14 :russ:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Smart phone? They are 50 ..

Parents cheap as shyt....

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The homeowner feared for his families life , he will cry in court & all his friends will show up to say he's a good man . Be safe my negroes