$15.00 an hour isn't a lot of money.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I’ll ask this again for the third time and hopefully someone will respond without getting mad and actually answer the question:

in 2017, in your city, can you get food stamps and govt assistance on a 31K a year salary, or making 15 an hour?

^^^ yes or no. Is this an irrational question? I’m trying to cut through the BS and just get to the heart of the discussion

Daps
I’ll ask this again for the third time and hopefully someone will respond without getting mad and actually answer the question:

in 2017, in your city, can you get food stamps and govt assistance on a 31K a year salary, or making 15 an hour?

^^^ yes or no. Is this an irrational question? I’m trying to cut through the BS and just get to the heart of the discussion

That question has nothing to do right the discussion and has nothing to do with $31k being poor. I'm not sure why you keep asking such an irrelevant question.

Also have yet to see someone break down their monthly expenses demonstrating how you can live comfortable at $31k

Daps
With over time I was at 33k a year.

Rent was 1100.

Utilities/cable 160.

Car and insurance 600.

I was fine... still went out and everything. I used my credit card alot too tho

You added $5k to the salary. Also take a wild guess why you had to your credit card a lot. Also you left a lot stuff of that expense list.
:sas2:

Last edited:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
You added $5k to the salary. Also take a wild guess why you had to your credit card a lot
:sas2:

It was paid in full every month. There was one month I had shytty workers so my performane incentive was lacking, but that's it .

I was going on vacations and everything.

Stop tricking your money off, having kids, and smoking weed... you can do the same.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You’re so emotional that you’re not even seeing that people (myself) have said this already

31k May be fine for one person and not for the next - a dude paying child support on 2 kids in his 20’s will need more than 40k a year to be comfortable

Breh, you entered this thread talking about what 15 did for you 10 years ago. You shot yourself in the foot with your first post. Don't start all that psychoanalysis of posts because you made an idiotic statement.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
With over time and performance incentives, I was at 33k a year.

Rent was 1100.

Utilities/cable 160.

Car and insurance 600.

Phone $100

I was fine... still went out and everything. I used my credit card alot too tho

So you weren't living on $13.50 per hour. You were living on 33k and credit cards.

channelblond

Banned
Daps

Nope, you are not eligible

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Corporate America loves chasing pennies instead of stacking dimes. You pay people less, they value their job less and are less loyal and less happy. It's crazy how many companies would rather pay employees 20% less to "save money" while having to deal with a short cycle of worker turnover.

Makes a lot more sense to pay up front, keep people happy, and save on the back end

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Corporate America loves chasing pennies instead of stacking dimes. You pay people less, they value their job less and are less loyal and less happy. It's crazy how many companies would rather pay employees 20% less to "save money" while having to deal with a short cycle of worker turnaround.

Makes a lot more sense to pay up front, keep people happy, and save on the back end

My friend has a business launching in the Spring that will pay his employees twice what the national average is for their service, while still being able to undercut the competition by 33%.

If he does it right he'll end up a millionaire, I'm hating so hard for not having the idea :francis: