$15.00 an hour isn't a lot of money.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Ok, for the folks living decently off 15 an hour or less, post your rent, utilities, and how much you spend on food a month. Just those three alone.
guy, i don't even make 15 per hour, well i got two jobs which total about 30 hours per week. one is 10 and the other a little over 11 per hour. i have a car, an apartment, a washer and drier and ain't struggling for shyt. it depends on what your cost of living is where you are. i live in the south.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It was paid in full every month. There was one month I had shytty workers so my performane incentive was lacking, but that's it .

I was going on vacations and everything.

Stop tricking your money off, having kids, and smoking weed... you can do the same.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I dunoooooooooooo breh.

I did the math on this one. 33k per year is 2,750 per month. Then I take out 1100 for rent. That's $1,650 left. Minus the 600 for car/insurance payments leaves with $1,050. So then we subtract the $160 utilities/cable (I'm calling BS on this one but who knows) and we get $890 left and then we take out the $100 for your phone which leaves you $790. On average you get paid twice per month so we'll halve that and that leaves you with $395 of disposable income per check (doing the most simple calculations). Not bad. :ehh: The problem is that I did not take into account taxes or any other deductions. I based this off of your gross income of 33k. So your disposable income per check would be even less. How were you able to take care of misc expenses (gas, groceries, housekeeping etc.) and pay your credit card bills in full?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Which Income Class Are You?

The Urban Institute defined the middle class as adults with size-adjusted household incomes of between $30,000 and $100,000 for families of three.

2 MEMBERS OF A HOUSEHOLD MAKING 15/HR IS SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF MIDDLE CLASS. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE HOUSE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD AT 30K A YEAR DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

SAVINGS AND ALL THAT IS A LUXURY THAT DOES NOT DEFINE LOWER MIDDLE CLASS. LOWER MIDDLE CLASS IS NOT LUXURIOUS BY ANY MEANS. IT MEANS YOU MAKE ENOUGH TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR NECESSITIES WITH NO OUTSIDE HELP. YOU WILL BE IN A 1-2 BED 1 BATH HOME WITH A FOCUS/FIESTA AS A CAR.

3915 Harlow Ave, Allen Park, MI 48101 | MLS #217103791 | Zillow 50K HOUSE FOR SALE IN A DECENT NEIGHBORHOOD OUTSIDE OF DETROIT
A BRAND NEW FIESTA WILL RUN YOU 13K. YOU CAN GET A RELATIVELY NEW MODEL FOR 9K.

50K HOUSE = 382/MONTH ON A 15 YEAR, 4% INTEREST RATE
9K FIESTA = 197/ MONTH ON A 48MONTH, 5% INTEREST RATE

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis

I did the math on this one. 33k per year is 2,750 per month. Then I take out 1100 for rent. That's $1,650 left. Minus the 600 for car/insurance payments leaves with $1,050. So then we subtract the $160 utilities/cable (I'm calling BS on this one but who knows) and we get $890 left and then we take out the $100 for your phone which leaves you $790. On average you get paid twice per month so we'll halve that and that leaves you with $395 of disposable income per check (doing the most simple calculations). Not bad. :ehh: The problem is that I did not take into account taxes or any other deductions. I based this off of your gross income of 33k. So your disposable income per check would be even less. How were you able to take care of misc expenses (gas, groceries, housekeeping etc.) and pay your credit card bills in full?

Look man. The shyt worked, Ok.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

There is no disposable income.

Rent shouldn't take up more than 1/3 of your monthly net income.

As far as everyone in here talking about budgeting.. That's cool and all but if you work to mostly pay bills that's not living.

If you can't afford to miss 2 paychecks... That's not living.

What employers don't understand is that employees will eventually resent you if they can't take vacations and can barely survive.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Which Income Class Are You?

The Urban Institute defined the middle class as adults with size-adjusted household incomes of between $30,000 and $100,000 for families of three.

2 MEMBERS OF A HOUSEHOLD MAKING 15/HR IS SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF MIDDLE CLASS. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE HOUSE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD AT 30K A YEAR DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

SAVINGS AND ALL THAT IS A LUXURY THAT DOES NOT DEFINE LOWER MIDDLE CLASS. LOWER MIDDLE CLASS IS NOT LUXURIOUS BY ANY MEANS. IT MEANS YOU MAKE ENOUGH TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR NECESSITIES WITH NO OUTSIDE HELP. YOU WILL BE IN A 1-2 BED 1 BATH HOME WITH A FOCUS/FIESTA AS A CAR.

3915 Harlow Ave, Allen Park, MI 48101 | MLS #217103791 | Zillow 50K HOUSE FOR SALE IN A DECENT NEIGHBORHOOD OUTSIDE OF DETROIT
A BRAND NEW FIESTA WILL RUN YOU 13K. YOU CAN GET A RELATIVELY NEW MODEL FOR 9K.

50K HOUSE = 382/MONTH ON A 15 YEAR, 4% INTEREST RATE
9K FIESTA = 197/ MONTH ON A 48MONTH, 5% INTEREST RATE

30k isn't the middle class. I don't care what the Urban Institute defines it as. Middle class isn't just a wage it is a lifestyle. You can't live a middle class lifestyle on a household income of 30k. You're poor at that level. Not in poverty but poor nonetheless.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
There is no disposable income.

Rent shouldn't take up more than 1/3 of your monthly net income.

As far as everyone in here talking about budgeting.. That's cool and all but if you work to mostly pay bills that's not living.

If you can't afford to miss 2 paychecks... That's not living.

What employers don't understand is that employees will eventually resent you if they can't take vacations and can barely survive.

Large American corporations should be embarrassed and ashamed when they have large numbers of employees struggling to survive. I'm not talking about companies like Wal-Mart and McDonald's either.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
$15/hr is good money. WTF are you talking about??????

40 x 15 = $600/wk (before taxes)

600 x 52 = $31,200 (before taxes)

Avg. apartment rent = $800.mo x 12 = $9600/yr.

$31,200 - 9,600 = $21,600 (before taxes)

Avg. car payment + insurance = $400/mo. x 12 = $4800/yr.

$21,600 - 4,800 = $16,800

I'd add more things to this, but you get the general idea. At the end of each year, you'd be clearing in the neighborhood of $10,000 if you stuck to a budget.

If you're SINGLE, and making this much, then you have nothing to complain about unless you're trying to live above your means.​

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Yeah. It was pretty straight forward. Stop trying to make it more complicated than it was.

Leave me alone.

:mjlol: It wasn't straightforward. The numbers you presented to me laid out an impossible living situation. If any unforeseen expense came up you were fukked, or going to have to max out a credit card. I have to assume you received some form of assistance from family or friends to supplement during the rough times. There's nothing wrong with that. The issue is that you laid out a false narrative; that you were able to live comfortably on the income you brought in relative to your expenses. And some of that income (overtime/performance bonuses) was subject to change at anytime. You all don't have to lie to prove points.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
30k isn't the middle class. I don't care what the Urban Institute defines it as. Middle class isn't just a wage it is a lifestyle. You can't live a middle class lifestyle on a household income of 30k. You're poor at that level. Not in poverty but poor nonetheless.

MIDDLE CLASS IS BROKEN UP. THE MIDDLE CLASS YOU GUYS ARE TALKING IS ABOUT 50K+. 30K CAR WITH 150K+ HOUSE IS NOT 15/HR. INTRO MIDDLE CLASS IS YOUR FIRST JOB OUT OF COLLEGE AND YOU MAKE 15-20 BUCKS AN HOUR UNLESS YOU'RE AN ENGINEER/DOCTOR/IT PROFESSIONAL OR SOMETHING. MOST PEOPLE MAKE ABOUT 15-20 BUCKS AN HOUR OUT OF COLLEGE.

I MAKE ABOUT 33ISH A YEAR NOW. I HAVE 2 CARS, A MOTORCYCLE, 5K IN THE BANK, AND LOOKING TO BUY A HOUSE. NOBODY LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS I'M POOR. ANYBODY WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS I'M CHEAP AS fukk BUT I AIN'T POOR. I EVEN GET 1-2 VACATIONS A YEAR AS WORK ALLOWS.