$15.00 an hour isn't a lot of money.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
I've made this point repeatedly in here; 31K for a single dude in his early 20's is lovely.

but everybody's situations is different...31K and you have child support payments or some other bizarre expense for your age, it won't cut it.

there's a bunch of weirdos on this site man.

i thought it was common knowledge that 30k - 40K was the standard for middle class entry level salaries, that's been the rule since I've been alive - even in 2007 :pachaha:

the average american adult made 44K a year in 2016...but let the coli tell it, making less than 50K in 2017 is crazy talk. may as well kill yourself :jbhmm:

How Much Is the Average Salary for US Workers?

Buying p*ssy and rapper shyt. That's why they don't know how to manage their money. Tryna use that as a standard to gauge other folks living situation.

:francis:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
street heat said:
so we should you tell everyone whats poor and whats not instead of people who actually research and gather data ? hmm ok

thecoli.com

I mean, it's not like I didn't have access to the entire family's income records before I was allowed to inspect their homes or anything. Or, that I didn't have to submit reports every month to the Department of Community Affairs detailing how many families I'd serviced and what their income level was. Or, that my agency wasn't overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services for economic compliance EVERY week due to Federal Funding guidelines.

Nah, I don't know anything about what it means to be 'poor'.

:manny:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You've got to be kidding.....

I'm being generous with this, but a single person making $15 dollars after taxes would bring home roughly 540 a week, not including deduction for insurance or if they have 401k, which likely brings your check down to 500 a week.

:what: what!?!?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Buying p*ssy and rapper shyt. That's why they don't know how to manage their money. Tryna use that as a standard to gauge other folks living situation.

:francis:

Breh, I broke down the numbers you provided and you don't even know how your situation worked. You don't know how you were able to do it. How are you going to talk down on someone else's money management skills when you don't even know how you were able to survive on the income to expense ratio you provided? :mjlol:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
nikkas can't even afford doctor's visits without having to save from two checks but saying they were living good because of outdated government data. You all let white men with millions and billions of dollars fund studies that tell you that living off of 30k in pre tax income is okay. And you all accept it.

IF YOU WORKING A 30K A YEAR JOB WITH NO INSURANCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU. MY DOCTOR VISIT IS 20 BUCKS AND THAT'S ONLY IF HE HAS TO DO ANY EXAMS.

YA'LL GOT SOME REALLY SKEWED PERCEPTIONS ON WHAT POOR IS. I'VE BEEN POOR BEFORE. 30K A YEAR AIN'T IT. I WALK AROUND WITH 3K DOLLARS WORTH OF ELECTRONICS ON ME DAILY. :laff:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Taxes and insurance are real deductions.

:mjlol: no fam. I haven't taken home a pay check that wasn't 4 digits since forever

I get what you're saying, but they don't deduct that much out at once from your pay checks.

nobody can live off of 500 dollar checks man, wtf?

even when I worked my other job making 9.25 an hour my checks were 700 or so dollars.

EDIT: I misread what you said, you are talking about 500 PER WEEK. @knickscity
0mXqo_s-200x150.gif

but I still haven't seen a pay check be less than 1100 dollars in years man.

that's adequate to live off of in about 90% of U.S. cities.

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
i thought it was common knowledge that 30k - 40K was the standard for middle class entry level salaries, that's been the rule since I've been alive

You stay shooting yourself in the foot. :wow:
the average american adult made 44K a year in 2016...but let the coli tell it, making less than 50K in 2017 is crazy talk. may as well kill yourself :jbhmm:

How Much Is the Average Salary for US Workers?

44k is really nothing to be proud of to be real. But who said making less than 50k is crazy? Who said might as well kill yourself? The point of the thread is that $15 an hour is not a lot of money. $15 an hour does not equal 50k, or even 44k. It's well below the average wage you posted. It's a below average wage. Would you take a job that had a below average wage?