$15.00 an hour isn't a lot of money.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
:mjlol: no fam. I haven't taken home a pay check that wasn't 4 digits since forever

I get what you're saying, but they don't deduct that much out at once from your pay checks.

nobody can live off of 500 dollar checks man, wtf?

even when I worked my other job making 9.25 an hour my checks were 700 or so dollars.
That wasn't 40 hours to get 700.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:mjlol: no fam. I haven't taken home a pay check that wasn't 4 digits since forever

I get what you're saying, but they don't deduct that much out at once from your pay checks.

even when I worked my other job making 9.25 an hour my checks were 700 or so dollars.

If you were getting a full 80 hours at that rate your pre tax amount would be $740. You were only getting $40 deducted in taxes? Were you filing exempt? :usure:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES

11 BUCKS SHOULD PUT YOU IN THE 350-380 RANGE IIRC. BEEN A MINUTE.

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: Where do you live?
Richmond VA in a nice area
Your bills equal $1500

14.24*80= 1140. After taxes/medical you net around $900 BW $1800ish monthly???

That doesn't leave any wiggle room for 401k or savings, or have extra money in your pocket. One flat tire or traffic ticket and that's it. Plus I also don't believe you're only paying $90 for both gas and the electric bill. And $675 is on the lowest of the lowest end of rent, pretty much a dump.
Have 5k in my 401k...you're forgetting I can do overtime,I have credit cards for emergencies,I have spending money but I rarely splurge.Ok after all my bills this month I had $600 in my checking.Thats plenty for me and my savings is pretty good too and my place is far from a dump.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
knickscity said:
You've got to be kidding.....

I'm being generous with this, but a single person making $15 dollars after taxes would bring home roughly 540 a week, not including deduction for insurance or if they have 401k, which likely brings your check down to 500 a week.

$500/wk = $26,000/yr.​

knickscity said:
Based on your example your 800 dollar rent takes nearly two checks to pay off, add your light gas and water and that definitely equals two full checks.

$800 INCLUDES gas/water. If it takes 2 checks to pay it, pay it and KIM, I still have 2 more checks to spend for the month.​

knickscity said:
Car note and insurance ( assuming this is an older car & full coverage) + 20 bucks a week for gas, which isn't likely filling up your car each week. is 480, so you have 20 bucks left out of your third check.

I guess you forgot you get paid WEEKLY, so 2 checks go to rent, but, YOU STILL HAVE ANOTHER 2 CHECKS TOTALING $800 FOR THE MONTH!!!!! The point you're trying to make here is invalid.
knickscity said:
Do you eat? I'd say that is probably 250-300 a month if you don't eat out ever.

Well, considering I have another 2 checks to spend for the month, that's not a problem now, is it?​

knickscity said:
That's not including a phone bill, or cable.

ISP Triple play = $100./mo. I have about $300 left to spend EACH MONTH after rent, car + insurance and food and 2 more paychecks.
knickscity said:
No way you bank 10K

$300 x 12 = $3,600/yr. No way you're poor. Thanks for proving my point.

:snooze:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Asicz said:

At least they broke the numbers down by family size, but those numbers are pretty decent averages. I'm more used to those living at or below the poverty level. it's only been in the past few years since I've gone into the private sector that I've encountered 'middle-class/upper middle-class' people and the numbers posted in that article actually coincide with what I've seen with my own eyes. Notice that all the numbers are ranges with a lot of room between the upper and lower bounds.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
He's not lying

It was a good estimate. I make $16.43 at one of my jobs. 40 hours brings me $504 a week after taxes, health/vision/dental care($34 a month)
I was using most southern locations since they usually don't pay state taxes. If they did those checks would be even less.

I really don't know if these folks really have jobs. A single person with no dependents get slapped hard in taxes. and health care aint no joke.