20 years ago this month, Malcolm X (the movie) dropped in theaters

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
For those who were around during that time, what impact (if any) did the movie have on you? I remember when the movie dropped, the whole family went together to see it. Being a Muslim and growing up in a Muslim household, I already knew about Malcolm. And I even read the Alex Haley book a year or 2 prior to seeing the flick. But seeing it on the big screen, all laid out, defiantly left a lasting impression on me as a young dude coming up.

iUsedToLurk

5 rings since 2000
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
For those who were around during that time, what impact (if any) did the movie have on you? I remember when the movie dropped, the whole family went together to see it. Being a Muslim and growing up in a Muslim household, I already knew about Malcolm. And I even read the Alex Haley book a year or 2 prior to seeing the flick. But seeing it on the big screen, all laid out, defiantly left a lasting impression on me as a young dude coming up.

My gf friend was moving and we got this book. I'm not much of a reader but is it worth reading if I saw the movie?

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Is this still on Netflix ?

Dope movie see most of the movie when I was younger still need to sit down and watch the whole movie with my mind more mature to take it all in

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The movie changed the way I looked at life as a youngin.... I was like :ohhh: @ the transformation of the pawg chasing Malcolm Little to the man that returned back from Mecca...

mysmilie_1242.gif

szfk1g.png
Excellence

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My gf friend was moving and we got this book. I'm not much of a reader but is it worth reading if I saw the movie?

nicca hell yeah its one of the best books of all time. essential reading for any black man in america. ive read the shyt like 2 or 3 times. haha yo that nicca malcolm was wild as hell coming up as a youth in harlem. i mean a THUG nicca.

but yo the one scene from the movie that sticks in my mind the most is the assassination scene in the auditorium. just a beautifully directed 10 or so min there... with "A change gonna come" playing.... :ohlawd:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Amazing film.

For some reason I thought it came out in 91 or earlier in 92 though, didnt realize it was in December of that year.