2007-2016 was the best era of the NBA

2legit

All Star
Daps
We truly witnessed the Golden Age of the NBA during the 2007-2016 decade. The game was perfectly balanced between Bigs vs. perimeter players. Teams took the right amount of 3 pointers. Each team had their own unique style.

Lakers vs. Celtics rivalry

LeBron carrying the Cavaliers

The Miami Heatles

Dirk winning the championship vs. the Heat

D-Rose Chicago Bulls

Baby Thunder with KD, Westbrook, and Harden

Lob City Clippers

Euro Ball Spurs who were fun for once

Ray Allen 3 Pointer in Game 6

LeBron coming back to the Cavs

73-9 Steph Warriors

LeBron coming back from down 3-1

The NBA was fine until KD went to the Warriors and ruined the game. That was also the time when the 3 point shot exploded making the games less fun.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Nice try. :mjgrin:

I will say this. A lot of great historic finals in that period. But then again, I was told the only thing the nba is misssing is parity. But this modern 3point shooting era and over reliance on amassing the largest collection of perimeter shooters and defenders has equalized the game, and made it so that many different teams can play musical chairs with the top seeds year to year.. But viewership is still at a low…:jbhmm:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
That entire era of basketball really was great. Hell the rivalry of Warriors vs OKC vs Cavs could have been all time great with all 3 playing musical chairs on who wins the finals.

Are all time classic finals.. I mean the drama, the shots, the narratives, the HOF players. Idk the finals since then haven't come close... Maybe the Bucks vs Suns but I feel like that one has already came and went, people don't talk about it like that

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
We didn't appreciate it at the moment that we were living in a golden age of basketball.

shyt I did :yeshrug: I was locked in during that time and was excited about the game during that whole time period you outlined. Around the time Kobe hurt his achilles I could see the writing on the wall, but then the Dubs and Cavs kept it interested for some years but yeah when KD joined the Dubs things started falling off