2010 was an aberration and TT won't sign free agents: Official 2016 GB Packers Offseason Thread

Will TT do anything but draft?

• Yes, he'll sign a FA or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will just draft and sign UDFAs

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • He will retire and Elliot Wolf becomes GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I'm going to be a negative nancy all off season, I'm sorry.

So essentially, we're back to square 1? I WANT A GOD DAMN STARTING LINEBACKER. A real one. Not some hybrid DE that is out of position. Not some hybrid safety that is out of position. I want a 4 down linebacker.

I'm all about being a negative Nancy since if I'm wrong I can be like oh well the Pack are cooking. And if I'm right I can play the I TOLD YOU SO:sas2:

So let me be the first to say Kenny Clark is a BUST! Fire TT and MM

:troll:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Spriggs was a fantastic pick. No more Barclay killing #12 and we finally have insurance for Bakhtiari and Bulaga

Fackrell is an older rookie and had an ACL two years ago. But he can cover at OLB

I guess Ted really isn't going to get an ILB who can run :francis:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Spriggs was a fantastic pick. No more Barclay killing #12 and we finally have insurance for Bakhtiari and Bulaga

Fackrell is an older rookie and had an ACL two years ago. But he can cover at OLB

I guess Ted really isn't going to get an ILB who can run :francis:

It's a good pick, if you're active in free agency.

We have serious holes throughout our front 7. As it stands right now, our ilb corp is an overrated 4th rounder who doesn't get drafted if he isn't playing in the big 10, and a 7th rounder who can't play all 4 downs.

TT is killing me joe. All he had to do was sign a MLB this off season, and I'd be talking super bowl. I really don't know if we're more than a 9-7 team. If we're not better than Arizona, why lace up this year?

We have to beat carolina, arizona, and seattle to be considered a top team. The road to the super bowl goes through them.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It's a good pick, if you're active in free agency.

We have serious holes throughout our front 7. As it stands right now, our ilb corp is an overrated 4th rounder who doesn't get drafted if he isn't playing in the big 10, and a 7th rounder who can't play all 4 downs.

TT is killing me joe. All he had to do was sign a MLB this off season, and I'd be talking super bowl. I really don't know if we're more than a 9-7 team. If we're not better than Arizona, why lace up this year?

We have to beat carolina, arizona, and seattle to be considered a top team. The road to the super bowl goes through them.

Yup. Even if Clay is staying at ILB, you need another guy who can run and cover.

The LB they took today can cover and he's tall. But he can't play the middle.

I just don't understand it.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I'm not mad at the draft. I really wanted us to take Jack, so that Clark pick will be telling. Hopefully we're not cursing TT down the line about passing on Jack. I know damn near everyone passed on him once, but I think it was worth the risk. Of course, it's not my job to make that decision, and it's not like we're privy to all the information that they are, so there's that. Clark should plug right in though, and fits our scheme perfectly. Man I wanted Jack.

Spriggs and Murphy are good. One guy goes down and our OLine was in shambles, so to have two guys that can step in and play will be huge. That kid from Utah St. is intriguing too. He's BIG, and looks comfortable in coverage. Makes me think that Clay's move back outside will end up being part time, and he'll still get time inside. Maybe that was the plan all along, who knows. Sucks that this likely means Mike Neal is gone (I liked him), but it was always strange seeing him standing up outside as opposed to his natural DE. Fackrell gonna be one to keep an eye on.

All that said, I think we're in a good place. Seen @tru_m.a.c say we have to beat CAR, SEA and ARI to be considered a top team. Uhhhh, we beat Seattle last year, and could've/should've beaten both Carolina and Arizona (in the playoffs), and the latter 2 were with our team being a damn mess. None of those teams scare me. All the injuries sucked, but that's just not something that you can foresee. Our offense was the main problem (God, it's weird to type that out), and we have Jordy and Montgomery coming back, and Cook coming in. Now (hopefully) having stability on the OLine, and a pissed off Eddie Lacy, with those other 3 joining/re-joining the fray, I can't help but feel another Rodgers MVP-type season coming up.

I tend to always be optimistic before the season, and that's no different after the draft. Hopefully we can avoid the injury bug, but I'm feeling good right now.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

@FloorGeneral remember this: Clay and Fackrell are the only OLBs we have who played there in college. The rest are DEs

I hope Martinez is as good as PFF has him. They rated him the top coverage ILB in the draft.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Undrafted free agents:

Beniquez Brown, ILB, Mississippi State: 6-01/2, 234, 4.70. Started 28 of 39 games on the strong side. Posted 200 tackles (22½ for loss), six sacks, two blocked kicks and three interceptions. Didn't work out well.

Brandon Burns, RB, Troy: 5-8½, 208, 4.55. Three-year player. Carried 431 times for 2,264 yards (5.3) and 12 TDs. Also caught 88 passes for 673 and three TDs.

Brandon Gatewood, CB, Alcorn State: 5-11½, 188, 4.51. Vertical jump was 36½.

Brian Price, NT, Texas-San Antonio: 6-2½, 322, 5.15. Just 21 reps on the bench.

David Grinnage, TE, North Carolina State: 6-5½, 252, 4.86. Junior. Caught 67 passes for 798 (11.9) and nine TDs.

Devonte Robinson, WR, Utah State: 6-1, 188, 4.32. One of the fastest players in the draft. Had 44 receptions for 552 (12.6) and four TDs.

Don Jackson, RB, Nevada: 5-9½, 205, 4.49. Rushed 529 times for 2,370 yards (4.5) and 19 TDs. Also caught 23 passes for 269 and two TDs.

Geronimo Allison, WR Illinois: 6-3, 202, 4.6. Former junior-college player started two seasons for the Illini, catching 106 passes for 1,480 yards (14.0) and eight TDs.

Joe Callahan, QB, Wesley (Mass.): 6-1, 216, 4.98. Completed 918 of 1,429 passes for 12,883 yards, 130 TDs and 38 interceptions in an NCAA Division III program. His NFL passer rating was 112.4.

Josh Hawkins, CB, East Carolina: 5-10½, 189, 4.4. Four-year player with nine interceptions. Vertical jump of 40½.

Josh James, T, Carroll (Mont.): 6-5, 315, no 40. Played in an NAIA program.

Kentrell Brice, S, Louisiana Tech: 5-11½, 200, 4.34 40 yard dash. Explosive athlete. Vertical jump of 42 and broad jump of 11-1 would have surpassed safeties at the combine.

Makinton Dorleant, CB, Northern Iowa 5-10½, 183, 4.39. 138 tackles (8½ for loss), two interceptions and 28 passes broken up.

Manoa Pikula, ILB, Brigham Young: 6-0½, 234, 4.6. Excellent athlete with a vertical jump of 36½ and 24 reps on the bench.

Peter Mortell, P, Minnesota: 5-11, 203, no 40. Played at Green Bay Notre Dame. Three-year starter with career average of 44.0, a school record.

Randall Jette, CB, Massachusetts: 5-11, 193, 4.65. Vertical jump of 37.

Reggie Gilbert, OLB, Arizona: 6-3, 261, 4.86. Started 47 of 57 games, finishing with 143 tackles (27 for loss) and 14 sacks.

Tyler Kuder, NT, Idaho State: 6-3, 307, 5.23. Had 31 reps on the bench press.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

@FloorGeneral rwmember this: Clay and Fackrell are the only OLBs we have who played there in college. The rest are DEs

I hope Martinez is as good as PFF has him. They rated him the top coverage ILB in the draft.

Stubborn is an understatement. This is the muhfukka who signed Seneca Wallace and brushed off criticism before a rod got hurt.

TT and MM are bargain basement shoppers. All the linemen are drafted and shuffled around according to need. All the d linemen don't come from 3-4 schemes. All the linebackers play out of position. Sam shields is a lucky undated player that turned out great. Micah Hyde plays all over the place. Was it rollins that was a safety in college?

This team is just a cheap ass quilt held together by Rodgers and Clay Matthews.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Stubborn is an understatement. This is the muhfukka who signed Seneca Wallace and brushed off criticism before a rod got hurt.

TT and MM are bargain basement shoppers. All the linemen are drafted and shuffled around according to need. All the d linemen don't come from 3-4 schemes. All the linebackers play out of position. Sam shields is a lucky undated player that turned out great. Micah Hyde plays all over the place. Was it rollins that was a safety in college?

This team is just a cheap ass quilt held together by Rodgers and Clay Matthews.

Randall was playing safety in school. At least he played great as a rookie.

Rollins was playing basketball and like Shields, was a college WR for most of his career.

As long as Joe Whitt is around, I have no worries about the DBs. He will coach any of them up and we'll still have a good pass defense.

TT hasn't neglected the position outside of the disasterous 2013 at safety.

But ILB being neglected for 10 years is just mind blowing.

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All that said, I think we're in a good place. Seen @tru_m.a.c say we have to beat CAR, SEA and ARI to be considered a top team. Uhhhh, we beat Seattle last year, and could've/should've beaten both Carolina and Arizona (in the playoffs), and the latter 2 were with our team being a damn mess. None of those teams scare me. All the injuries sucked, but that's just not something that you can foresee. Our offense was the main problem (God, it's weird to type that out), and we have Jordy and Montgomery coming back, and Cook coming in. Now (hopefully) having stability on the OLine, and a pissed off Eddie Lacy, with those other 3 joining/re-joining the fray, I can't help but feel another Rodgers MVP-type season coming up.

I tend to always be optimistic before the season, and that's no different after the draft. Hopefully we can avoid the injury bug, but I'm feeling good right now.

I feel you, but injuries are a part of the game. And those 3 teams are the nfc gatekeepers again.

Besides, we all know without rodgers this team is no better than the Browns. So imagine what happens when clay goes down with

I keep saying this, but once clay goes down with a knee sprain, the implosion will be so real.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nick was ready to go Brian Dawkins for the squad :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

fukk that fluke ass butt tackle bullshyt :damn:

I'm just glad he got us that super bowl win....muhfukka went complete :cape: on that interception

at least we know had he intercepted russell in the NFC championship game, we'd be facing the patriots in the super bowl :shaq2:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Nick was ready to go Brian Dawkins for the squad :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

fukk that fluke ass butt tackle bullshyt :damn:

I'm just glad he got us that super bowl win....muhfukka went complete :cape: on that interception

at least we know had he intercepted russell in the NFC championship game, we'd be facing the patriots in the super bowl :shaq2:

I think you gotta make the season thread breh :mjpls:

Me and @FloorGeneral caught Ls