Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Warren Moon

Medicare advantage is a boon for insurance companies.

No doubt. They still offer more than Medicare tho.

if a private plan can make money by offerIng more services at cheaper prices. That says a lot about our current public system. It’s cause for concern

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We’ve been working on this for about a year. We finally got him to publicly state it.

This shyt is hitting hard right now.:to: I can’t believe our plan is actually working.
Joe Biden floats Stacey Abrams, Sally Yates as potential vice president

WINTERSET, Iowa — Former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday night identified several prominent Democratic women who he said could serve as his vice president if he is elected president.

At a town hall, Biden was asked who his vice presidential pick would be if he wins the Democratic nomination.

"You. Are you available?" Biden joked to the questioner, before giving a serious answer.

Biden didn't name anyone specifically but said there are a number of people who are qualified.

"I could start naming people but the press will think that’s who I picked," he said, before obliquely referring to several potential candidates.

His list included "the former assistant attorney general who got fired," referring to Sally Yates; "the woman who should have been the governor of Georgia," referring to Stacey Abrams; and "the two senators from the state of New Hampshire," referring to U.S. Sens. Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie

We gotta beat the white women contingent that has somehow convinced our brethren to vote for Warren via their media campaigns. And then will try to convince them to ultimately support a white woman vp, When warren gets beat.
But y’all will see the light soon. :jawalrus: We got y’all backs anyway :myman:

Nothing besides us being in the White House will be good enough. #blackprogressives

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Medicare advantage is not perfect. But it covers way more than Medicare, bc they have to compete. It’s not even close Do Medicare Advantage Plans Have Extra Benefits?

if your mom goes to just medicare and only has one option. If something isn’t covered u have no other options. U can’t do shyt and it’ll still cost her the same that she’s paying now. Universal healthcare in other nations cover primary care and Medicare does as well. But in other nations of the drug costs a lot they simply don’t get it or pay for it. That’s why thousands of kids with cystic fibrosis died early bc the drug costs so much It took the cystic fibrosis community years to win this lifesaving drug. It can’t be taken away | Isabelle Jani-Friend

it’s a math equation in universal healthcare. If not enough ppl don’t have the disease they don’t pay for. WHICH IS TERRIFYING FOR BLACK PEOPLE. We will be at the bottom of the totem pole in a decade. The hierarchy will be white diseases, Mexican diseases then black ones. If 5% of black ppl have a condition, that shyt is not getting paid for and you have no recourse.

I Don’t understand why ppl don’t think Biden is the bridge to M4all. I get u think he’ll compromise, but that’s why he has secondary initiatives for that process. I fully believe his core plan of having a public option will get through.
I agree straight Medicare doesn’t cover enough. That is why both Jayapal, and Sanders plans include vision, hearing, dental, and specialty care. Their plans do not just extend Medicare. It also improves it. Also under Jayapal Bill the Health and Human Services Secretary have an extreme amount of power to dictate the direction of M4A policy. So that position would become one of the most important cabinet positions. I will admit it could be a major problem if a republican would get back in office with the amount of power the HHS Secretary have. That is one part of the bill that may need to be Re-examined.

As for as the article you linked I don’t think that would happen under M4A. The NHS is more than just a single payer system. NHS is complete socialize health care which have it advantages and disadvantages. We have similar horror stories with pharmaceuticals in our current system. I work in healthcare I can personally tell you how difficult it is for people to get the medications they need with both private and government insurance.

Example: In New York State Medicaid, we have something called MCOs which are Managed Care Organization. It functions similar to Medicare Advantage. It is private insurance companies contracted for Medicaid services. So Medicaid contract them, then the MCO usually contract another private insurance company to take care of the pharmaceutical part. It is an absolute nightmare trying to get medications people. I’m not even going to get into the mess which is Medicare Part D, or the deductibles with private insurance. Both Jayapal, and Sanders Support given the government power to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies, and to allow imports from Canada to lower the cost of medications. I actually think it will be easier to get needed medications under M4A.

Your point about Black People being placed at the bottom is a valid concern. We have countless examples of both private and government programs discriminating against Black people. But I don’t see that specific NHS example happening.

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree straight Medicare doesn’t cover enough. That is why both Jayapal, and Sanders plans include vision, hearing, dental, and specialty care. Their plans do not just extend Medicare. It also improves it. Also under Jayapal Bill the Health and Human Services Secretary have an extreme amount of power to dictate the direction of M4A policy. So that position would become one of the most important cabinet positions. I will admit it could be a major problem if a republican would get back in office with the amount of power the HHS Secretary have. That is one part of the bill that may need to be Re-examined.

As for as the article you linked I don’t think that would happen under M4A. The NHS is more than just a single payer system. NHS is complete socialize health care which have it advantages and disadvantages. We have similar stories horror stories with pharmaceuticals in our current system. I work in healthcare I can personally tell you how difficult it is for people to get the medications they need with both private and government insurance.

Example: In New York State Medicaid, we have something called MCOs which are Managed Care Organization. It functions similar to Medicare Advantage. It is private insurance companies contracted for Medicaid services. So Medicaid contract them, then the MCO usually contract another private insurance company to take care of the pharmaceutical part. It is an absolute nightmare trying to get medications people. I’m not even going to get into the mess which is Medicare Part D, or the deductibles with private insurance. Both Jayapal, and Sanders Support given the government power to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies, and to allow imports from Canada to lower the cost of medications. I actually think it will be easier to get needed medications under M4A.

Your point about Black People being placed at the bottom is a valid concern. We have countless examples of both private and government programs discriminating against Black people. But I don’t see that specific NHS example happening.

I get that but both plans also embrace a racist rhetoric. They already have within the bill the term "medical necessity" a catch all term that essentially states services that fall outside of the upper limits and lower limits of a population will not be paid for. This is how republican govenors don't pay for services that poor blacks need for Medicaid. Bernie and Jaypal have already given in with this point. There were ZERO black ppl helping them create the bills. We have already convinced Biden to remove it with the public option.

Here's a Kaiser article that gives more info about what it means. CBO’s Report On Single-Payer Health Care Holds More Questions Than Answers

Medicare-for-all backers say the program would cover all medically necessary services. But what does that truly mean?

What may seem obvious — the notion of medical necessity — isn’t so easy to distill into policy rules. And different single-payer systems around the world handle the benefits question differently, the CBO noted.

For instance, Canada doesn’t cover prescription drugs, but the United Kingdom and Sweden do. Of those three, only Sweden fully covers long-term support services, according to the report.

There are two questions at the heart of it, said Robert Berenson, a health policy analyst at the Urban Institute, a left-leaning think tank.
What benefits would be covered? Would it include dental care or prescription drugs or vision, as Sanders’ bill would? And, how does one determine the discrete services included within those benefits categories?

Single-payer architects could look at existing standards, such as the so-called essential health benefits that govern Obamacare health plans, to determine what’s covered. They could be more generous by including long-term care, which isn’t currently covered by Medicare or most private insurance plans.

Even the two “Medicare-for-all” bills in Congress have slightly different takes. Though both provide for long-term support and services, they diverge on how to pay for it. Sanders’ bill covers only at-home long-term care and keeps Medicaid intact for services provided in institutions. The House bill by Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) covers both.

And there are questions about new medical treatments, and how to determine whether they provide added value. The CBO report suggested some kind of “cost-effectiveness criterion” could determine what the government is willing to cover. In practice, though, that standard could be difficult to develop and fall victim to political lobbying or trigger contentious debate.
Separately from the CBO report, McDonough noted, controversial medical services could bring up different kinds of political baggage — whether this plan would cover abortion, for instance, likely would change the single-payer debate.

Bernie, Jaypal and Warren have already been broken and agreed with racist rhetoric behind the scenes, thats because most of their constituency wouldn't have to worry about this. Black people do.

Bernie took it out for his final plan: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20190302.150578/full/

The bill further clarifies that items or services would be covered if they have been provided pursuant to a national practice guideline that has been recognized by HHS. Even when an item or service is not provided in accordance with a national practice guideline, it would be treated this way if the provider exercised professional judgment and acted in the patient’s best interest consistent with their wishes. Providers would also be allowed to override practice guidelines or standards if the override is a medical necessity and appropriate, in the patient’s best interest, and consistent with the individual’s wishes. This override option was not included in the Sanders bill.

I'm anti M4all presented by northwestern and northeastern liberal elites. They don't give a shyt about black ppl. Bernie "wrote the damn bill", he's letting you know what he cares about upfront. The news sources that support Warren and Bernie, WILL NEVER EXPOSE THIS. The black political leaders have no need to yet, but this is a huge issue that further exposes how blacks need to look at progressive policies from a black POV, not from a generic progressive white POV.

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get that but both plans also embrace a racist rhetoric. They already have within the bill the term "medical necessity" a catch all term that essentially states services that fall outside of the upper limits and lower limits of a population will not be paid for. This is how republican govenors don't pay for services that poor blacks need for Medicaid. Biden and Jaypal have already given in with this point. There were ZERO black ppl helping them create the bills. We have already convinced Biden to remove it with the public option.

Here's a Kaiser article that gives more info about what it means. CBO’s Report On Single-Payer Health Care Holds More Questions Than Answers

Medicare-for-all backers say the program would cover all medically necessary services. But what does that truly mean?

What may seem obvious — the notion of medical necessity — isn’t so easy to distill into policy rules. And different single-payer systems around the world handle the benefits question differently, the CBO noted.

For instance, Canada doesn’t cover prescription drugs, but the United Kingdom and Sweden do. Of those three, only Sweden fully covers long-term support services, according to the report.

There are two questions at the heart of it, said Robert Berenson, a health policy analyst at the Urban Institute, a left-leaning think tank.
What benefits would be covered? Would it include dental care or prescription drugs or vision, as Sanders’ bill would? And, how does one determine the discrete services included within those benefits categories?

Single-payer architects could look at existing standards, such as the so-called essential health benefits that govern Obamacare health plans, to determine what’s covered. They could be more generous by including long-term care, which isn’t currently covered by Medicare or most private insurance plans.

Even the two “Medicare-for-all” bills in Congress have slightly different takes. Though both provide for long-term support and services, they diverge on how to pay for it. Sanders’ bill covers only at-home long-term care and keeps Medicaid intact for services provided in institutions. The House bill by Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) covers both.

And there are questions about new medical treatments, and how to determine whether they provide added value. The CBO report suggested some kind of “cost-effectiveness criterion” could determine what the government is willing to cover. In practice, though, that standard could be difficult to develop and fall victim to political lobbying or trigger contentious debate.
Separately from the CBO report, McDonough noted, controversial medical services could bring up different kinds of political baggage — whether this plan would cover abortion, for instance, likely would change the single-payer debate.

Bernie, Jaypal and Warren have already been broken and agreed with racist rhetoric behind the scenes, thats because most of their constituency wouldn't have to worry about this. Black people do.

Bernie took it out for his final plan: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20190302.150578/full/

The bill further clarifies that items or services would be covered if they have been provided pursuant to a national practice guideline that has been recognized by HHS. Even when an item or service is not provided in accordance with a national practice guideline, it would be treated this way if the provider exercised professional judgment and acted in the patient’s best interest consistent with their wishes. Providers would also be allowed to override practice guidelines or standards if the override is a medical necessity and appropriate, in the patient’s best interest, and consistent with the individual’s wishes. This override option was not included in the Sanders bill.

I'm anti M4all presented by northwestern and northeastern liberal elites. They don't give a shyt about black ppl. Bernie "wrote the damn bill", he's letting you know what he cares about upfront. The news sources that support Warren and Bernie, WILL NEVER EXPOSE THIS. The black political leaders have no need to yet, but this is a huge issue that further exposes how blacks need to look at progressive policies from a black POV, not from a generic progressive white POV.
I don’t disagree with all of your points, and I also share your concern about the specific language used, especially in Bernie Bill. Although I think Bernie is better than Warren on Healthcare, I think warren is more responsive to Black issues, even if you think it is pandering. I think even most Bernie supporters would admit that Jayapal Bill is better and covers more.

I agree that Medically Necessary is too vague and needs to be fleshed out more. I don’t have a problem with it as long as it is left up to the provider what is necessary and what is not. There is still going to be supplemental private insurance for everything M4A wouldn’t cover. However, not everyone would be able to afford this need to cover mostly everything. And I think Jayapal bill does for the most part. Question... would you support M4A if the override option is made explicitly clear?

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t disagree with all of your points, and I also share your concern about the specific language used, especially in Bernie Bill. Although I think Bernie is better than Warren on Healthcare, I think warren is more responsive to Black issues, even if you think it is pandering. I think even most Bernie supporters would admit that Jayapal Bill is better and covers more.

I agree that Medically Necessary is too vague and needs to be fleshed out more. I don’t have a problem with it as long as it is left up to the provider what is necessary and what is not. There is still going to be supplemental private insurance for everything M4A wouldn’t cover. However, not everyone would be able to afford this need to cover mostly everything. And I think Jayapal bill does for the most part. Question... would you support M4A if the override option is made explicitly clear?

the over ride option is a workaround. It needs to be removed entirely or dictate who determines “medical necessity” And black ppl need to be heavily represented on whatever board or committee that is. Even if we were included on the committee the problem Is at some point repubs will take over and we will have zero say.

It’s a dirty trick liberal white ppl pull in the the hopes black ppl won’t read it and look over it. Unfortunately that is the case currently for blacks who support m4all :snoop: It gives them the ability to go to republicans and say “hey we’re limiting the options given to ppl who don’t take care of themselves” Or need other services not related to healthcare like wheel chair ramps, air conditioners etc or other services that impact their healthcare but isn’t healthcare. ie blacks (Mexicans and natives too).

It needs to be gone! We have to actually be apart of writing the bill. That’s why I’m for Biden. We need to start from a point in which it’s not included. We need to normalize that, not the other way around.