Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
If we talk about black issues and it always gets condensed down to prison reform and welfare then we're really not be serious about the plight African Americans deal with in this country.
If we want to condense our ask to those two we might as well stick with trump

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Warrens policy wise is diet sanders

If she finishes 4th and below again in NH and stays in single digits, its time to pack it up and end this farce. The people want a real progressive that they actually trust to fight for change, not this half assed shyt.
Warren finished 4th and below in Iowa ?!:ohhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So this is what we have come to, asking for more trickle down policies that are for everyone and will only benefit an handful of black people. :hhh: be ok with benign neglect brehs

There's absolutely nothing "trickle down" about what Bernie proposes which was the point of the post you quoted.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:patrice:

When he said that in 2016?
How long you been a Bernie supporter? :wtb:

His entire stance on "identity politics" is framed on the idea that a great deal of Trump voters are disenfranchised whites who feel slighted by what they see as being left out in the cold while the party focuses on minorities and gays. That entire narrative played out in several articles, pundits and experts after Trump won in 2016 as some way to explain what everyone thought was impossible. Bernard from primary to stomping for Hillary held on to that talking point.

Bernie Sanders — and many Democrats — keep confusing identity politics with tokenism

Sen. Bernie Sanders chose to frame that debate this way: “One of the struggles that you’re going to be seeing in the Democratic Party is whether we go beyond identity politics,” Sanders said in Boston on Sunday

The quoted article looks at both sides, the side who saw his stance for what it was - "hey what about those white people who use to be the core of the Democratic party?..." as well as the other side of that coin who feel he amply addresses race and gender issues.

My biggest problem then and now with his stance on that topic is its a lose/lose for people of color/minorities. Because lets say he becomes president, in order to not lose both chambers of congress in the next congressional elections to the same disenfranchised whites, he's going to have to deliver to that voter block, effectively killing his minority support. Vice versa if he doesn't deliver, then he's back at square one. Its an untenable situation that causes the same type of divisiveness he claims to be pointing out in "identity politics". A presidential candidate has to have more foresight, now more than ever, on maintaining a split or majority in congress - not just a bunch of rhetoric to garner the most votes.

And I say all of this as someone who was a supporter of Sanders in 2015. I obviously did not agree with all of his platform but I was definitely in the camp of the party needing a shift in a more progressive direction and I felt that several of his progressive policies where more ideal that Hilary's. I still feel the same way about progressive policies which is why I support Warren who in my opinion does Bernie better than Bernie and is attacking the heart of the issues.

He said:

“It is not good enough for someone to say, 'I'm a woman! Vote for me!’ No, that's not good enough,” Sanders said. “What we need is a woman who has the guts to stand up to Wall Street, to the insurance companies, to the drug companies.”

And I agree.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@OfTheCross

Leveling the playing field for entrepreneurs of color-
Every American should have a fair shot at starting a small business. The only things that should determine whether a new business succeeds are the strength of the idea and the hard work of the owners and employees.

But today, the playing field is tilted against entrepreneurs of color. On average, Black, Latinx, Native American, and other minority households have a lot less wealth than white households. That means they have less of their own money to put into their business and less collateral to attract outside credit. The typical Black entrepreneur starts a business with $35,000 in capital — a third of the startup capital for the typical white entrepreneur — and other entrepreneurs of color face similar challenges.

biggest reason that promising Black-owned businesses on average are less profitable and bring on fewer employees than white-owned businesses. It’s part of why entrepreneurs of color own less than 20% of businesses with paid employees despite making up almost 40% of the population. And it’s helping create a small business gap that costs us millions of jobs and billions in economic growth.

The small business gap is another example of how the racial wealth gap in America holds back our economy and hurts Black, Latinx, Native American, and other minority families and communities. And because the government helped create that wealth gap with decades of sanctioned discrimination, the government has an obligation to address it head on — with bold policies that go right at the heart of the problem.

A First Step to Addressing the Black-White Wealth Gap

For decades, the federal government discriminated against Black families by denying them access to the same kind of federal housing subsidies that white families received to purchase a home — a practice known as “redlining.” The federal government officially ended that form of discrimination in the 1960s and passed the Fair Housing Act. Yet the gap between white homeownership rates and Black homeownership rates today is about 30% — bigger than it was in 1960 when housing discrimination was legal.

This enormous gap is a moral stain on our country. And because the government bears a big part of the blame for it, the government should take real steps to fix it.

My housing bill takes a first step by creating a first-of-its-kind down-payment assistance program. The people eligible for assistance must be first-time homebuyers who live in a formerly redlined neighborhoods or communities that were segregated by law and are still currently low-income If they qualify, they are entitled to a substantial grant they can put towards a down payment on a home anywhere in the country. The program will provide thousands of families with a real chance to buy a home — the same opportunities the government denied to previous generations of residents of the area.

Professors Mehrsa Baradaran and Darrick Hamilton have said this proposal is the “first since the Fair Housing Act with the explicit intent of redressing the iterative effects of our nation’s sordid history of housing discrimination,” and that it “has the potential to make a substantive dent in closing our enormous and persistent racial wealth gap.”

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So this is what we have come to, asking for more trickle down policies that are for everyone and will only benefit an handful of black people. :hhh: be ok with benign neglect brehs

Throw out a bunch of buzzwords you don't understand brehs. :heh:

I don't know which country you nikkas think we are living in, but no one will be elected to office by proposing economic policies that only benefit black people and explicitly exclude other groups.

What type of drugs are you nikkas on? Ya'll don't understand finesse?

You may poo poo a $15 minimum wage, but that could move a person or family of wage earners from poverty to working class. Canceling student debt could help a black middle class buy a home or invest in the market to build wealth. Universal healthcare can ease the cost of healthcare for black families.

If it is reparations or bust for ya'll, then just say so and stop wasting our time.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Referring to NH polling.

Biden and klobuchar have pulled ahead last couple of polls.
:russ: Biden was polling 1st and 2nd all year in Iowa and ended up in forth place. I wipe my ass with these polls. If you really think booty judge and klobuchar will end up higher than warren in NH then I have a bridge to sell you breh.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, the amount of unprecedented outrage of the most trivial things should have everyone exhausted.
This isn’t a good argument though. You can simply have someone from the state party who isn’t working on a campaign for any of the candidates oversee the process. Everyone will have a bias but the optics look bad. You wouldn’t be saying that if this was the general and a Republican working on Trump’s campaign was in charge of overseeing the entire process.