dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Looking at these, one of the takeaways for me - besides Joe apparently sinking like a stone - is that this is a wrap for Bennet. The guy basically ignored Iowa to put all his energy/resources into NH, and he still barely registers? He himself said he'd need a T4 finish to stay viable. Probably bows out Wednesday.
Bennett entered the race too late. He could have been in Klobuchar's spot right now. Carville was on MSNBC yesterday going hard for him.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps

EDUo6GyUUAIFoW-.jpg

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Their student debt cancellation plan is a great example of this too. Bernie's is more expansive because he designed it to be universal. Liz's means-tested hers to maximize the reduction of the black-white wealth gap. Very interesting debate and insight into how the two view progressive politics. Bernie has a "rising tide lifts all ships" mentality whereas Liz believes unique harms need specific solutions.
I don’t agree with this. Bernie believes that means-testing policies makes them harder to pass and subject to undermining. This is what Republicans have done to them forever. You’re framing things in a way to make her seem more “woke” but it also shows a lack of political acumen. Look at the most enduring policies in the United States and look at how they are framed. Moreover, what Warren is saying ignores the fact that well off white kids don’t have debt at all. So basically you have like 5 percent of black people who make over 200k - the people in the best position to invest in the black community and you tel them that you’re not forgiving their loans. It’s stupid because the white person in that position has a whole host of other resources.

And all due respect to @the kid you just exposed that like I clearly said, and what @Robbie3000 said, you’re buying into “words” and don’t actually understand how any of that gets implemented. All due respect but I think Warren supporters who aren’t white liberals have a complex and think that they’re smarter than others but when pressed rarely can actually explain her policies or how they different from other people on the left besides “terminology.” What you’re all doing here is an example. What Warren wrote is basically a mission statement but it’s not going to be passed as a policy specifically designed for Black people. She said it will target redlined neighborhoods - that’s exactly how Bernie’s policy would work as well (but hers less effectively). What you’re saying is she makes you feel better in how she sells it. And quite frankly, that’s why I initially supported her because I felt she could appeal to your types and bring the party together. She would seem “woke” enough while repackaging the same thing:

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Go ahead and break down their role. And why you know more than political veteran of Senate Majority Reid’s start Faiz who had to go get confirmation :come on:. A lot of you guys are sacrificing intellectual integrity for the sake of seeming “impartial” or “above the fray” and you don’t make sense to anyone outside of a circle of like 6 people.
The job description and requirements for this role are easy to find via Google. Job Openings - NVDems

The job handles data analytics, managing and engaging volunteers. What impact on votes and voter counts does this person have? And tell me in what caucus or primary does 1 person have the power to influence a vote? The process involves multiple people for that very reason.

And Faiz didn't HAVE to do anything, that statement was to calm the irrational fear and conspiracies being shared among Bernie supporters. I'm starting to feel like a lot of you really just started following politics because campaign staffers and volunteers routinely to bounce within the party between campaigns and state jobs to move up in the ranks. I bet if you look hard enough you'll find ex-staffers and volunteers from other campaigns as well.

There is enough incompetence and strange things taking place, yet it seems everyone is looking for a conspiracy everywhere.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The job description and requirements for this role are easy to find via Google. Job Openings - NVDems

The job handles data analytics, managing and engaging volunteers. What impact on votes and voter counts does this person have? And tell me in what caucus or primary does 1 person have the power to influence a vote? The process involves multiple people for that very reason.

And Faiz didn't HAVE to do anything, that statement was to calm the irrational fear and conspiracies being shared among Bernie supporters. I'm starting to feel like a lot of you really just started following politics because campaign staffers and volunteers routinely to bounce within the party between campaigns and state jobs to move up in the ranks. I bet if you look hard enough you'll find ex-staffers and volunteers from other campaigns as well.

There is enough incompetence and strange things taking place, yet it seems everyone is looking for a conspiracy everywhere.

Its the trauma of the 2016 election, the Wikileaks emails, all of that shid.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The use of redlining focus in Warrens plan vs the general housing assistance plan in Bernie’s is essentially the difference in how the two approach the black community. Bernie believes that his plans will help low income black people as it helps other poor communities while Warren’s plan is more explicitly focused on the issue.
@NY's #1 Draft Pick @NY's #1 Draft Pick @NY's #1 Draft Pick

To be clear, my position is that Bernie and Liz have similar plans.

Although it may seem like Liz is focusing on helping Black people, it's just the framing of her generic platform.

Both Bernie and Liz have platforms that will help us, but Bernie doesn't frame if it's tailored to Blacks like she does.

For example...Liz supporters pretend that her redlining plan is specifically for Blacks, but it isn't

The down payment assistance isn't "Black only".

Additionally, those formerly redlined areas aren't even Black areas like that.

Examination of the maps, numbering over 200, reveals that approximately 11 million Americans (10,852,727) live in once-redlined areas, according to the latest population data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey (2017). This population is majority-minority but not majority-Black, and, contrary to conventional perceptions, Black residents also do not form a plurality in these areas overall. The Black population share is approximately 28%, ranking third among the racial groups who live in formerly redlined areas, behind white and Latino or Hispanic residents.

America’s formerly redlined neighborhoods have changed, and so must solutions to rectify them
See, I got nothing against Liz and will vote for her if she gets the nomination. But I'm also not falling for her pandering.

That's why I said that I liked Bernie earlier. He's not going to tell you what you want to hear and doesn't care about giving an unpopular opinion to your face. He's honest like that.

He did it in the NAACP forum video posted earlier and he did it recently in the debate when he shytted on the NH senators for voting for USMCA and got "booed"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Neither Bernard or his supporters can rightfully argue he is going to do anything for blacks or other minorities during his term when he is the same person who feels the white working (poor, lower middle class) has been disenfranchised by the minority loving Democratic party. He wants all those good disenfranchised white people to come back home :rudy:.

His abysmal numbers with minorities in 2016 taught him to keep that bullsh*t to himself. I don't believe the man is racist or has the type of sh*tty record with black folks that Buttigieg has, but I am also not delusional in thinking that he believes any different in 2020 than what he believed in 2016.
I've been pointing this out for a few years but theres a segment of the Left that hates "identity politics" and has lately been targeting against "woke PC" language

Theres a lot of dogwhistles out there that all amount to being anti-black at the end of the day.

Its the same thing where people try to call out Sanders class reductionism and push back by saying you're an "essentialist"

They think we don't follow these movements, but we're RIGHT on their asses.

For example, peep how a lot of black progressives have lowkey been supporting Warren over Sanders, especially black women.

@wire28 @Th3G3ntleman @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Darth Nubian @Dameon Farrow @Piff Perkins @BigMoneyGrip @Pressure @johnedwarduado @Armchair Militant @panopticon @88m3 @Tres Leches @ADevilYouKhow @dtownreppin214 @A.R.$

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Exactly. His argument is quite literally Warren specifically states how this will help black people at all times instead of only when she is in front of Black people. If you look at what I just posted - Bernie and Warren quite literally have the same policy regarding redressing homeownership inequality through helping first time home owners. Warren just goes through a story of how it has effected black people historically. Now, that might make you feel better - but ultimately it’s the same policy as Sanders’ HUD policy.

The pandering that black folk are accustomed to from democrats is comforting. We went from being hopeful for Joe Biden (or democrats in general really) to be beholden to "the black vote" as if black folk aren't going to give them 90% of their vote anyway, to being more impressed with identical policies because the candidate with the least history/record actually doing anything with or for any civil rights movements decided to throw in an identity appeal.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What do Cory Booker have to do with anything? I didn’t support Cory Booker campaign. Nobody stated that just a cash payment will solve all of the systematic problems of racism Black people face. However, it could be part of the solution. Again, I will ask you the question. What if the committee recommend monetary payments as part of the solution?
a lot of people supported his baby bonds plan