23.5 Million Women Live Alone In America

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it happens. I have a friend who actually cried about this a couple of months ago. She has an 11 year old boy, and she’s been having a hard time with him. And she really wants a man to lift some of that burden off her because the father is not involved at all. Her son has been having discipline issues, dealing with bullies at school, failing classes despite getting him a tutor. And she’s heard him crying at night. It’s a rough situation because she knows he wishes his dad was in his life. Resources can’t replace that, therapy won’t replace his desire to have a father either. I saw it myself with my brother’s son because my brother is deadbeat. Boys will start acting up right at the start of puberty and through their teenage years. Of course girls will too. But she recognizes that her son needs a father.

And she has a couple of good dudes she could be with but she’s not attracted to them. The men that she wants to be with don’t want to commit to her. It’s definitely her fault based on what know about her, but that’s another discussion.

It’s a big frustration for a lot of women I know—they don’t necessarily want to be single but would rather be single than to date men they don’t want to be with.
:yeshrug: Thats the life she choose.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
It sounds like mentor ship will be a good option. A program like big brothers and sisters or even sports or martial arts. I don't think the goal is to replace the feeling of not having a father, but manage the feelings and the reactions to them. There is nothing wrong with being angry, frustrated, upset, confused or any other negative emotion, but it's not ok to punch something, yell at someone, be mean or whatever else. Him learning to control his emotions at a young age is going to carry him well into adulthood.
She’s been looking into it.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who tells women to clean up behind some man? Most women especially unmarried ones just do it. I really really really think men are ok with just dating and leaving it at that.

I agree that it's kinda foul to expect a woman to work then come home an clean up, But women generally accept gender roles, They don't do yardwork and take out the trash.

And even if we accepted that that's a catalyst for divorce? Why not tell that nikka to was the dishes everyonce in a while?
Yall call it nagging. But if you're eating on dishes every day and steady using them, why does someone have to tell you to wash them?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She’s been looking into it.

I wish her luck. I know it's difficult and little boys are especially impacted. My brother's father died from an aneurysm when my brother was 7 and he's still struggling with it. I've made peace with whatever my father did or didn't do and I speak with my daughter about it as well. I basically let her know, there isn't a family dynamic that will stop her succeeding in life if she chooses to. There are people with great fathers who are fukked up, so at some point the responsibility lands on you to pull your shyt together.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
The only problem is that literally doesn't make sense. I get it you're on a heavily dude message board but literally on every women focused platform especially the Black ones the main point of contention is the long term non committal boyfriend.

You think if a man could literally only be on the hook for dates and the occasional gift that most men wouldn't take that deal? As it stands most women will come through and clean up and cook for her dude anyway. It's usually the women that are trying to stay over then hit you with the "lets move in together" shyt.

I think with the recession that coming there's gonna be a ton of divorces and way more marriages that never happen, Where living in a post marriage society as it is.
Are you sure you're not talking about you're personal beliefs about marriage or do you really think chicks ain't trying to get hitched like that. If you think the benefits are negilible for women what do you think it is for men?
Hell I WAS one of those chicks b/c that’s just the way I was raised. In my family, if you are with a man, that home is a reflection of YOU as a female. So being in a relationship and I’m doing EVERYTHING cooking/cleaning. I can’t even imagine adding kids to the mix. And even tho these magic Coli dudes are 100% progressive and allegedly share household chores 50/50:youngsabo:most men aren’t on that steez. So yeah if she’s a woman worth a damn, she isn’t going to fukk a dude in a nasty ass crib or eat out everyday of the week. She’ll be holding all of that down. And if kids are apart of the equation it’s even worse. All of this contributes to stress a lot of chicks experience in marriage. But society grooms and pushes and shames women until they think they gotta do it by any means necessary. So they transfer that pressure to dudes.

As for my personal beliefs, me being honest about how fun the single life can be, doesn’t mean I hate marriage. For instance, in my personal beliefs, I think a great marriage is the pinnacle of happiness for both men and women.

In my head the hierarchy of relationships goes

1.) Good respectful marriage
2.) Good healthy single lifestyle with solid support system
3.) Okay marriage
4.) Unhealthy single lifestyle
5.) Horrible emotionally abusive co-dependent relationship.

What all of the studies and my own experiences indicate is that a bad relationship is more harmful than just being by urself. Moreover, women can totally enjoy being single b/c they have large emotional support groups and being single doesn’t equal being by urself.
Women totally want number 1. They want great, healthy relationships, partnerships. But they don’t want the real and unnecessary stress that came with a lot of traditional relationships b/c it literally endangers our health and lives. So women will continue to assert their desire for relationships, but also convey the concept that this desire for relationships precludes dealing with a lot of nonsense that used to come with them.

What’s trickier about this conversation is the role many women THEMSELVES play in the stressful quality of the relationships they get into. That’s PRECISELY why I reject the shaming tactics and fear mongering pressure placed on women to get married b/c they need to stop and think instead of anxiously jumping into something just to avoid the ridiculous stigma associated with being single.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it happens. I have a friend who actually cried about this a couple of months ago. She has an 11 year old boy, and she’s been having a hard time with him. And she really wants a man to lift some of that burden off her because the father is not involved at all. Her son has been having discipline issues, dealing with bullies at school, failing classes despite getting him a tutor. And she’s heard him crying at night. It’s a rough situation because she knows he wishes his dad was in his life. Resources can’t replace that, therapy won’t replace his desire to have a father either. I saw it myself with my brother’s son because my brother is deadbeat. Boys will start acting up right at the start of puberty and through their teenage years. Of course girls will too. But she recognizes that her son needs a father.

And she has a couple of good dudes she could be with but she’s not attracted to them. The men that she wants to be with don’t want to commit to her. It’s definitely her fault based on what know about her, but that’s another discussion.

It’s a big frustration for a lot of women I know—they don’t necessarily want to be single but would rather be single than to date men they don’t want to be with.
Kid is gonna grow up to be a statistic because of his mother's poor choices. Doesn't she have men in her family that can mentor him? I don't get women thinking they can raise a Boy to be a Man by themselves. The time to get this young man some mentoring should've been years earlier before it even got to this point.
4aebbc60-9adf-0133-b31d-0e438b3b98d1.gif

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Kid is gonna grow up to be a statistic because of his mother's poor choices. Doesn't she have men in her family that can mentor him? I don't get women thinking they can raise a Boy to be a Man by themselves. The time to get this young man some mentoring should've been years earlier before it even got to this point.
Never mind I read caramel Barbie and she was a bad picker.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
:yeshrug: Thats the life she choose.
Obviously. I’m just presenting a case of a parent that is miserable and wants a man.
Her own father wasn’t involved in her life. Her mom died of cancer when she was young. Her brother killed him self when she was a teenager. It’s just her and her sister and her grandma who raised them, she does have a male friend, her best friend that was helping out but he’s in the military and isn’t always around. No other males. And yeah she knows that he needs a father, and feels like shyt about it.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Women on here came in fast and furious talking bout "So, we enjoy being alone, we like this." No you don't. I'm about to say some incel. Ya'll done rode the cock carousel through your 20s, and now you're alone. You passed up a lot of good guys along the way, ya'll preferred to be a side chicks to guys with status, and now you're alone.