27 year old creator of Ethereum is a billionaire

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by Black Trash!, May 4, 2021.

1. keond

keond Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    ATLANTA
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

I aint reading all that shyt. You not me said "our youth are not focused on education at alllllllll" not me.
    As if all white kids are focused and all black kids aint. I was gonna read more but I can tell by the way you phrase shyt, you a Eurocac :camby:

2. Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Amestafuu (Emeritus) PRGRSV BLK IND Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Toronto
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

say less

:pachaha:

stew in bitterness because of factual statements brehs

now i'm a eurocac :bryan:

BLACK YOUTH DON'T CARE ABOUT EDUCATION. if this offends you then you not based in reality.

BlackJesus dapped this.
  3. Khadafi1982

Khadafi1982 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Yes! This one blew my mind when Malcom Gladwell explained it in his book “Outliers”. Bill was smart and put that programming work as an adolescent , no doubt about it but he had early access to computers when 99.8% of people in the United States did not.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Monsanto dapped this.
  4. keond

keond Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    ATLANTA
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

Ahh your a Canadian, makes sense. Keep making them white supremacist blanket talking points and acting like a maniacal comic book villain. I don’t have the time or energy :hubie:

5. Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Amestafuu (Emeritus) PRGRSV BLK IND Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Toronto
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

you one of them dudes that lets his emotions reign supreme and tries to reign in Black people by questioning their Blackness when they speak on reality. all because you heard some shyt that offends you.. not because it isn't true but because it actually is. nothing supremacist here. tuck your feelings in.

BlackJesus dapped this.
  6. keond

keond Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    ATLANTA
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

Nah I’m one of those dudes who don’t go back and forth online with cacs who think they are smarter than everyone else. It’s a an exercise in futility. Enjoy your day

7. BlackJesus

BlackJesus Spread science, save with coupons Bushed

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Cosmos
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

:ufdup:

8. BlackJesus

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Cosmos
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

Ok to illustrate my very simple point to you further.

Answer this question: If you could fly, would you?

What your saying is basically like saying you could fly but you need very specific conditions, wind direction, sunlight, mental preparation etc, etc

You keep adding silly qualifications onto something that some people just get intuitively and do. These people would be successful no matter what. Bill Gates got it. You didn’t. It’s really that simple

9. BlackJesus

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Cosmos
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

That .02% is still thousands of people. None of which duplicated Microsoft. Moot point actually

10. WillyTheWow

WillyTheWow Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

shyt so motivating brehs. I'm trying to learn how to build some dapps so I can get some of this crypto money.

Trying to retire my entire family to somewhere out in Africa.

TENET, alpo and surf dapped this.
  11. <<TheStandard>>

<<TheStandard>> I Am A God

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

12. 6CertsAndAMovie

6CertsAndAMovie All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

:ohhh: wtf is this article

@Rhakim @BlackJesus @O.Red

all of us arguing in circles about a hypothetical breh

check this out

^^ this deserves a thread tbh

the bossman, arXiv, Rhakim and 1 other person dapped this.
  13. 6CertsAndAMovie

6CertsAndAMovie All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

in gates netflix doc review
    this wired journalist is not really rocking with that 10,000 + luck thing
    either thinks gates was an alien
    'Inside Bill's Brain' Calls BS on Malcolm Gladwell's 'Outliers' Theory

y'all be the judge
    @Rhakim @BlackJesus

14. GunRanger

GunRanger Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $750500.00

Eth was $737 on january 1st.

Currently over $3400.

the bossman and arXiv dapped this.
  15. Rhakim

Rhakim Veteran Poster of the Year Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Inglewood
    Coli Cash:
    $154336.00

Gates says that Gladwell was correct, and if the Wired guy thinks Gates is a genius then how can he claim he's right and Gates is wrong? :sas2:

I don't understand the journalist's argument here. It seems to be, "Bill Gates is a genius and therefore THAT has to explain why he created Microsoft." That's a poor argument, first of all because it's merely correlation (nothing in the article shows how Gates employed genius to build the company), and second of all because there's plenty of people who fit the "genius" mode depicted in the Wired article but who obviously never become Bill Gates.

And he's overrelying on Gladwell's 10,000 hour figure. Gladwell's argument wasn't that Gates got 10,000 hours of programming experience and then - boom, Microsoft happens. His argument was that Gates got 10,000 hours of programming experience at the exact right time and place and age in a way that no one else was getting at the time and had the intellect to take advantage of that. Gates was a smart guy, but there were 10,000+ people in America who were just as smart as Gates. However, there were probably less than 100 sixth-graders in the entire country in 1968 who had rich corporate parents who got him computer access at an elite private school so he could fukk around with programs almost daily from the age of 13. I'd be almost certain that there were ZERO black kids in the entire country getting that level of computer programming tutelage. fukk, I went to school in the 1990s and I didn't get the chance to do that shyt until 9th grade.

Gates's intelligence is somewhat rare, but his opportunities were much rarer.

It's ironic that Wired's big example is Gates acing the test to get into an exclusive private school that his parents were pushing him to go to. That does demonstrate that he was highly intelligent in 6th grade (which neither Gladwell nor me would ever deny), and also that he had parents who were setting him up with every opportunity possible from a young age. Doesn't even begin to disprove the notion that those opportunities were vital to starting microsoft.

I'm also annoyed at Wired's focus on Gates's charity work as an example of his supposed intellect. As I've written about a lot here, those of us who work in the international development/health/education communities have a lot of problems with Gates's work. Development experts think his development interventions are crap. Education experts think his education interventions are crap. Health experts think his health interventions are crap. I've dropped a bunch of links on why that is, and the feelings are almost universal among the people I know, and strongest among the ones I trust the most. Gates does charity like someone who is very highly embedded in technology and corporate culture, and who has a very high opinion of his own understanding, but who has never taken the time to fully understand the fields he is engaging in and thus makes massive errors that substantially reduce the positive impact of his work.

Which, to me, goes to show that as critical as his early exposure to programming was to his ability to end up dominating the computer industry, his late entrance into the health/education/development sectors and well-developed arrogance before he entered them has hamstringed his ability to truly understand those fields.

Last edited: May 6, 2021