3d Artist explains how ‘The Killmonger’ became the default black hairstyle

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That hairstyle doesn't bother me the least bit and I have seen it a few times several years ago outside of videogames. The uproar feels like forced outrage, honestly. Way better than when every black person had an afro.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
GJuFPQvWcAAGxnK
This can't be Rise of the Ronin, can it? :lupe:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In the United States black folks are 12-13% of the population. In the gaming community it's probably less than that. The average developers and publishers aren't going to put too many recourses into catering to that percentage of the audience especially when many of them will buy the product anyway. It's kinda like the whole female protagonist thing. Most of the time you're only getting a female protagonist so she can be sexualized to appeal to their mostly male audience.

Video games are dominated by white men. Whatever doesn't appeal to them isn't going to be high priority.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
In the United States black folks are 12-13% of the population. In the gaming community it's probably less than that. The average developers and publishers aren't going to put too many recourses into catering to that percentage of the audience especially when many of them will buy the product anyway. It's kinda like the whole female protagonist thing. Most of the time you're only getting a female protagonist so she can be sexualized to appeal to their mostly male audience.

Video games are dominated by white men. Whatever doesn't appeal to them isn't going to be high priority.
:usure:

US Population aside, minorities or those who would identify with these types of haircut styles is not in the low 10s. Black Americans aren’t the only ones who get these kind of haircuts. My old barber was Dominican.

We aren’t in the early 90s, black people are HEAVILY into gaming. The top twitch streamer is black. So fukk all this high priority bullshyt. Some companies get it, others keep juelzing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:usure:

US Population aside, minorities or those who would identify with these types of haircut styles is not in the low 10s. Black Americans aren’t the only ones who get these kind of haircuts. My old barber was Dominican.

We aren’t in the early 90s, black people are HEAVILY into gaming. The top twitch streamer is black. So fukk all this high priority bullshyt. Some companies get it, others keep juelzing.

You say some companies get is yeah which is why we're in the situation we are. What's going to be their return on investment of making black hair look better? Do you honestly think it's even high priority to gamers that black hair be accurate? I've never once heard anyone say they aren't buying a game because they don't like the way black hair is modeled in it. People may grumble but they still buying it and those people aren't new money.

It's like how a cell phone or cable provider will give an amazing deal to someone who isn't signed up for their service but the current customers don't get that.