7/7/96 Hulkkk Hoegan You Can Go To Hell.....Straight To Hell

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Everytime this get's brought up. You gotta bring up Bobby Heenan ruining the moment by spoiling one of the greatest wrestling twists/heel turns of all-time. If you watch the live crowed they are cheering like crazy for Hogan and then are shocked when he drops the leg on Savage. That moment was spoiled for the tv audience when he's screaming WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON. Also don't gimme that bullshyt he hated Hogan, Yes we all knew this their was many other things he could've said without spoiling the turn
In a way it actually made sense going by Heenan's history with Hogan going back to the WWF. Heenan hated (kayfabe?) hated Hogan since the WWF and it translated to WCW.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
bobby heenan knew what it was, "which side is he on?". They don't call him the brain for nothing
bobbyheenan.jpg

And it kind of solidified Heenan's hatred of Hogan as well. He tried to warn us for 15 years (at the time) that Hulk Hogan was no good, but we never listened, and kept blindly following the Hulkster.:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In a way it actually made sense going by Heenan's history with Hogan going back to the WWF. Heenan hated (kayfabe?) hated Hogan since the WWF and it translated to WCW.

Yeah i mean even as a kid i put that together. It made sense that Heenan would say that and I followed his logic as a kid and immediately said "nah he's wrong, just being typical Bobby"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:laugh: breh. I was at bible camp the following week complaining about it to anyone that would listen

Breh, I went to a summer camp at my church and when i did get it together, me and my boy who loved wrestling just couldn't believe it. I remember nitro the next night where Schavonne said millions of parents called in to WCW saying their kids were crying or that they'd thrown away their hulk hogan dolls and I firmly believe that shyt happened because I tossed mine in a closet and never looked at it again:russ: i was depressed. Like closed to tears over that shyt. I look back at it now and say:ohhh: they really had this shyt on lock and that is one of the greatest angles in the history of the business.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
greatest moment in entertainment history. Forget about just pro wrestling

if it wasnt for hulk hogan, eric bischoff would still be selling meat out of a truck in minneapolis = GOAT line :mjlol:
Heenan shoulda got the shyt slapped outta him for that "which side is he on shyt"

Thankfully that line is a footnote in the nWo book but obviously Heenan was playing his role
seriously. shiavone did a spit take to save face for the suspense