7/7/96 Hulkkk Hoegan You Can Go To Hell.....Straight To Hell

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
If I'm not mistaken wasn't calling nwo new world order an actual botch by hogan?
He called it the new world organization
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NEW WORLD ASSOCIATION AS A RIB ON THE NWA BUT I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS RESPECTFUL AND I IMPROVISED ON THE FLY, GIVING THE AUDIENCE TWO OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM, AND THEY WENT WITH ORDER, WHICH I THINK WAS A GOOD CHOICE, BROTHER!

Daps
My mom wouldn't buy ppv's so I couldn't watch it live but I remember the next day when I went to my friend's house and he was like "Hulk Hogan became a bad guy and joined up with Razor Ramon and Diesel! :ooh:" I was like you for real!:damn:. Then his older brother came in like y'all know wrestling is fake right:umad:. We were like no its not:pacspit: and yelled at him. I still thought wrestling was real until 1998:mjlol:

Why did you do it @Hollywood Hogan :mjcry:
So I wasnt the only one who had an older cat in the neighborhood clowning us young wrassin kids saying its fake and we corny for watching it?

Im glad we found each other brehs, we a cult #TSC

Oh yeah, Happy nWo day. I remember eagerly anticipating Nitro each monday after a ppv (that my mom would never order for me :( ) and seeing the little photo recap stills to open up Nitro

Good times

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
With Austin delivering his 3:16 speech a few weeks earlier it was. Summer 1996 was:whew:
Austin had a cold ass summer. He was in the free pre-ppv match at Summerslam against Yokozuna for fukks sake. He wasn't hot til Wrestlemania the next year and even then it was still a while before the "glass break" pop really started happening

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
One of the things I loved about the nWo originally was it felt like an invasion and a us(WCW) vs them(WWF) situation. A few weeks after Bash at the Beach WWF guys like Dibiase showed up, then Syxx (123 Kid), then Vincent (Virgil), etc.

You had the Four Horsemen who were feuding with the Dungeon of Doom, Luger was a tweener who couldn't be trusted, etc but they all realized there was a bigger threat (nWo) and had to put differences aside and work together to stop a common enemy.

shyt was beautiful.:mjcry:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Hogan was spitting quoteables all through that promo.

[HH]: As far as I'm concerned, all of this crap in the ring represents these fans out here. For two years, brother, for two years I held my head high. I did everything for the charities. I did everything for the kids. And the reception I got when I came out here - you fans can stick it, brother.
As far As i was concerned nwo was like the east coast. Wwf was home territory and the way hall nash and hogan shyt in wcw and were team wwf IN wcw, shyt was pure piff. Having all the big time wwf guys in there.

It was like a mini wwf running wcw.

fukk wcw. Forever and a day.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
One of the things I loved about the nWo originally was it felt like an invasion and a us(WCW) vs them(WWF) situation. A few weeks after Bash at the Beach WWF guys like Dibiase showed up, then Syxx (123 Kid), then Vincent (Virgil), etc.

You had the Four Horsemen who were feuding with the Dungeon of Doom, Luger was a tweener who couldn't be trusted, etc but they all realized there was a bigger threat (nWo) and had to put differences aside and work together to stop a common enemy.

shyt was beautiful.:mjcry:

Good storytelling. Continuity. You cant get that now because they have to make sure Cena looks good for sick children and that Stephanie gets the last word.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I remember the shyt like yesterday

I have ALWAYS hated hogan. ALWAYS. But my lil cousins was amped up and hyphy whenever they saw him on the screen

But we was watching WCW, pay per views and all at the time. Cause thats part of the fun, right? shyt ain't fun you watching wrestling and all yall cheering faces or heels, right

anyway, yeah. I'm cheering for the heels and my lil cousins mad, Hogan comes out. They cheering and happy and shyt....

then he dropped the leg.

My MOMMA was mad.

I was happy as shyt. He cut that promo, I was smiling so hard that my face was hurting. But I looked at my cousins....

Them lil nikkas was crying, man. :mjcry:

But then the older cousin looked at me and saw I was looking at him crying, he looked at me and started laughing trying to save face, tears running down his cheeks.

I was like ":scust: fukk this nikka, man!"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So I wasnt the only one who had an older cat in the neighborhood clowning us young wrassin kids saying its fake and we corny for watching it?

Im glad we found each other brehs, we a cult #TSC

Oh yeah, Happy nWo day. I remember eagerly anticipating Nitro each monday after a ppv (that my mom would never order for me :( ) and seeing the little photo recap stills to open up Nitro

Good times

Nah, I had this uncle that would ALWAYS run up on us when we was watching wrestling like

":scust: yall cant see this shyt fake!? They aint even hitting each other! They just stomping they foots" and shyt.

But he was doing that shyt when I was a kid and watching wrestling with my grandfather.

:mjlol: Me and them same cousins got into a halfway fight with him cause he came in my moms house one night and wanted to watch Monday Night Football and we was watching Nitro like we did every monday.

They asses like 11 and 16 and he wanted to fight and argue with them. He had control issues cause he had just got a divorce and had to control something, ol bytch ass nikka

Daps
I had just turned 8, my brother was 17. We're watching it live, Hogan drops the leg, my brother gives me a look similar to this :lolbron:and I run out of the room crying :russ:. I couldnt believe that Hogan would be a bad guy. My tears settled, I watched the ensuing promo and my brother "de-marked" me and let me know how things worked. One of the best moments in wrestling history.