70 percent of the nba game is decided by which team shoots better from the 3 ……

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol:

shyt was stagnant and ugly as fukk. Unless you were like a top 5 elite team the basketball was anything but enjoyable.

Humans do this thing where we romanticize the past and that's no more evident than the shytty takes that 90's basketball was better than anything we've seen in the past 20 years (IT WASN'T)

I appreciate Phoenix, Orlando, Golden State and San Antonio for ensuring we'll never have to watch that shyt again
Still do not agree. It’s crazy to say 90s basketball wasn’t enjoyable.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
90s basketball was very enjoyable :mjtf:

Still do not agree. It’s crazy to say 90s basketball wasn’t enjoyable.
By 1997 half the league was playing slower than 90 possessions per game. We had a few teams playing slower than 85 per game. The fastest team in 1998 was playing at a pace of 93. The average score of the finals was 88-80 while being played at a pace of 82 possessions per game. That shyt was hideous and those were the very best teams. Every team was starting at least one big man who had no skill of any kind on offense but still got big minutes and it was out of the norm if teams had 2-3 guys who you had to worry about behind the arc.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By 1997 half the league was playing slower than 90 possessions per game. We had a few teams playing slower than 85 per game. The fastest team in 1998 was playing at a pace of 93. The average score of the finals was 88-80 while being played at a pace of 82 possessions per game. That shyt was hideous and those were the very best teams. Every team was starting at least one big man who had no skill of any kind on offense but still got big minutes and it was out of the norm if teams had 2-3 guys who you had to worry about behind the arc.
I don’t think anyone wants to go back to games with the final score being Knicks 82 Pacers 76. But the shyt today also isn’t fun to watch. Ratings and fan discourse show that people don’t like what they’re seeing right now.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
90s basketball had its pros and cons just like any other era

Y’all are just emotionally attached to it because of nostalgia
Y’all kill me with this

“You only like something bc it’s old”

Crazy thought, I know, maybe we liked it bc it was enjoyably :mjtf:

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Fast does not equal better

It’s a simple concept that yall refuse to acknowledge. You like the run and gun era. That’s cool. You can’t dictate people opinions on something they are telling you they preferred or enjoyed

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all kill me with this

“You only like something bc it’s old”

Crazy thought, I know, maybe we liked it bc it was enjoyably :mjtf:

I didn’t say you only liked the 90s NBA because it’s old or that it was a bad thing to like it.

I’m saying y’all are emotionally attached to that time period of the NBA and refuse to let it go and move on

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a bad product in the regular season for most games. Guys firing up 3s and pick and roll every play. The Clippers have guys who at least shoot mid range and work the mid post area so the game is easier to watch.

Go figure they lead the league in 3-point shooting, but their games rarely look like 3-point chucking rec ball like the majority of the league.

Silver likes the LeGBT basketball so it’s going to look like this for the foreseeable future.
You do realize these rules were instituted by Stern and actually intended to limit players like Bron right? You think Bron prefers shooting 3s or having to have shooters over just going to the basket at will?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t say you only liked the 90s NBA because it’s old or that it was a bad thing to like it.

I’m saying y’all are emotionally attached to that time period of the NBA and refuse to let it go and move on
Its basic psychology. The way we look at things when we are 8, 9, 13, 17 even is way different from how we look at things at 30, 35, 40. Time washes away all the bad stuff and keeps the highlights. You are more discerning and skeptical as an adult. When you are a kid you believe these dudes are perfect superheroes. As a grown man you can see their warts. Old heads were bytching about how they player in the 90s. People will always be biased towards "thier" time. And thats ok. But overall perspective is still important. Some cool stuff happened before and after your time. Some bullshyt happened during it.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah, NBA is going to have to change something. Teams have "solved" this version of basketball and the public doesn't seem to keen on it.

Wemby, Ant or any kind of star power won't solve this. It's a problem with the game/rules itself.

This guy pretty much described it very well. It's ironic that foreigners/international fans are finding it boring.

I think it's crazy that Embiid is averaging nearly 35 points per game, but has less than 20 dunks on the season - as a center.

What does Embiid’s dunk count matter?

Why not mention his absolute dominance in the midrange, 54% (!) on long twos.

Embiid was getting 100+ dunks a year not long ago now he’s older and more polished.